Do you miss your mum?

Options
rondetto
rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
edited 22. Dec 2011, 14:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
At 3 yrs old we say: "Mummy, I love you".

At 10: "Mum whateve!"

At 16:"My mum is so annoying"

At 18: "I wanna leave this house".

At 25:"Mum, you were right".

At 30: "I wanna go back to my Mum's house"

At 50: "I don't wanna lose my Mum".

At 70: "I would give up EVERYTHING for my Mum to be here with me".
You only have one Mum.

If you still have your mum, treasure her, I lost mine two years ago and
I wish I'd told her how much I loved her before she went.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    still have my mum and yes she drives me up the wall from time to time but i love her to bits and let her know it val
    val
  • resusjan
    resusjan Member Posts: 290
    Options
    lost my mum suddenly 3 years ago - miss her so much, especially now, I want to get a hug off her telling me everything will be ok.

LOVE YOU MUM XXXXXXXXXXX
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Ron

Yes sound advise at this time of year and always and I think the same sentiment for Dads too.

Was just turned 19 when I lost my dear mum and never got the age of saying "you were right." I so wish I had. :sad:

My thoughts are with everyone who has lost family members this year or have a sad anniversary to cope with and will find this Christmas a little harder.

love
    Chris x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    My thoughts are with everyone who has lost family members this year or have a sad anniversary to cope with and will find this Christmas a little harder. love Chris x

Dear Chris

I totally agree with you. Unfortunately I know of so many people, including our own close family, where christmas is a particularly unhappy and painful reminder of loved ones but they go through the motions for the sake of others and my heartfelt sympathy goes out to them.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I am happy for you all who have or had loving relationships with your Mum. Alas, I cannot say that about me and my Mum. It does make me very sad, but it is the best thing for us both.

However, me and my daughter, I will be the Mum to her that I never got and I hope she says what you say about your Mums. Gives me hope, it really does

Janie
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    I miss my Dad who passed away in August - I know he is looking out for us and keeping an eye. Mum is a rock, a teeny tiny lady, so frail, but, she is one determined lady and we are all keeping each other strong. I ask myself "are you ok Dad"? every day - You have to keep the faith.
    Now, I will just go powder my nose, a wee bit tearful but not moping. :cry: Just having a "moment".
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Ron

It's a sad coincidence for me that you have posted this thread on the anniversary of my Mum's death. That was 22 years ago, but I still miss her as though it only happened yesterday. I visited her grave this morning to put a Christmas wreath on it, something which I do every year. I then do the same thing for my Dad's grave on Christmas Eve, which is when he died 23 years ago. For two consecutive years, I spent Christmas arranging funerals, so this time of the year is always a mixture of sadness and happiness for me.

Both my parents knew that I loved them very much, but like you, I wish that I had told them more often.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    H Ron,

I am really sorry you miss your mum, in fact all of you that do my heart goes out to.

I am like Janie.... my mother hated me and was never slow in showing it so i don't miss her in the 'normal' way. I lament not having a real mother only i did till i was 18 cus my nan filled the gap.

She died 35 years ago on the 6th of November and her i do still miss so have idea how you must be feeling.

I believe the people you love are still with you if you need them. I am absolutely sure both my grandparent float about as does my first partner. For me its a huge comfort and I am sure your Mum knew you loved her so not telling her enough wont mean she didn't know.

This is the first Christmas without my father.... Ron I didn't have normal or nice parents and I not sure how I feel about that one. I did pull my self up with a start when shopping cus I realized he didn't need a present or a card but he was not a nice person so guess I am the wrong person to answer this post.

Just wanted to leave you a ((( ))) and she would have know you loved her. Cris xx

Joan a hug for you as well xx
  • rondetto
    Options
    It's sad that some didn't have a more loving relationship with their mum, I suppose it's case of being too much alike. I was like that with my Dad.
    We never really got on, but I miss him all the same.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I lost my Dad 22 years ago and my Mum almost 10. There were good and bad times but on the whole they provided love,fun, laughter and a secure, warm home and I never rally thanked them, especially my Dad who also spent his early teens in World War 2 as a rear gunner.
    For those whose parents let you down you have my heartfelt sympathy.

Elizabeth xxx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • janie68
    Options
    Thanks Cris and Elizabeth

Ron, I am nothing like my mother, fortunately! I could never do to my daughter what she has done to me and my family.

Lovely Mum &Dad stories

Janie
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Ron ...do I miss her..its now it 30 years now since I lost her...this time of the year is so hard...and I feel for Cris and Janie....I really do.....
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I really miss my mother-in-law had an amazing relationship with her and sadly she passed away 7yrs ago and I truely miss her she was funny, but wouldn't stand any messing around or being naughty but her advice was always good. And my OH was a really mommy's boy.
    I have so many good memories of her, but I have times when I really could need her advice when I have a tiff with my OH and wish I could ring her. And I know my OH misses her as well but he woun't say it out loud.

I really miss my Dad-in-law I had an amazing relationship with him, he passed last year and it is still very raw now still for both my OH and I.
    He was sooo funny and we where terrible for playing up and teasing my OH, and he would take me out for lunch to get me out the house, he would come round and bring me a cake. He always helped my OH with work around the house and we had a really good unit. And now we still both talk about him and have become friends with his friends. And it has brought my OH and his brother closer.

I know I haven't mentioned my mother and the sperm donor because I don't have a strong relatinship with them. I see my mother at Christmas and Birthday other than that she will text and email inbetween. She lives in Lemington Spa. The other one I refuse to call him the F word because he doesn't deserve it. And thats all I will say about them.
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    I lost my mum in March....very suddenly.
    First Christmas without her...she always came to me at this time of year.
    It's hard...we were very close and she is missed terribly.
    This is the reason we are going out for christmas lunch as I can't face it without her.
    I can't think of a time when we didn't get on....maybe when I was a teenager,but we never argued.
    This is so hard....May
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I had a desperate urge to ring my mum when I learnt I was to be a NannaLegs ............but sadly she's beyond my reach now as is my dad.

This Christmas will have some very sad moments when those we've loved and lost are missed. x:cry:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    I don't speak to my mom( actually the opposite way round lol) but i miss her terribly and would love to have my mom in my life..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    What I would do for 1 more Christmas with both of them.

((((()))))) to Tracey...x
  • rondetto
    Options
    I agree, it's at Christmas we miss our loved ones. It's 3 years since we lost our 9 year old grandaughter. We're going to where her ashes were spread tomorrow, just take flowers and a Teddy.
  • resusjan
    resusjan Member Posts: 290
    Options
    THeres some really sad stories coming through on here. ((((((())))))))) to all of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • cloud9
    cloud9 Member Posts: 385
    Options
    I constantly miss my mum and my dad but especially so in the last 14 months or so. Having re-started having surgeries on my feet, I want so much to tell them all about it! Mum was by my side constantly when I went through the same sort of surgeries when I was little. It's brought back lots of memories, but especially how supportive they were and how they never let me use my disability as an excuse. Would have been dad's birthday yesterday. ♪ Miss you both. My candle will be lit for them all through Christmas as usual. XX
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    I am so sad for all of those who either did not have the sort of relationship with their Mum's that every child is entitled to

or like me have lost theirs :sad:

and to Ron my thoughts are with you and your family too.

Love and hugs

Toni xxx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    Thank you ,as my comment for my remembrance had been removed i have replied again .
    My thoughts are with one and all that feel the sadness of a lost loved one , it makes life hard at times , some times its not the fact of loosing but the fact of not having what we as children , or adults expect ,
    I miss my parents R,I,P, Dad and Mum , as well as lovely friends , and not forgetting my loyal friend Wallydog , a loss is a loss to the person that lost that love x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear May

Although I did not see your message yesterday I did notice there was no longer anything from you when the topic was split. Thank you for posting it again.

Gentle hugs to you dear May,you are a lovely person

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • janie68
    Options
    What a lovely post May. I am grateful to those who have recognised mine and Cris and others sadness.

I hope you do manage to enjoy Christmas, I always say Happy Christmas to my mum-in-law and my Dad on th day

Janie
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Can someone tell me what has happened to my post that I put on, the one saying how sorry I was for Ron losing his granddaughter....I am disgusted that post are being removed for no apparent reason.
    Love
    Barbara