how do u go about running a fundraiser

craigp
craigp Member Posts: 44
edited 26. Feb 2012, 16:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
Ive recently taken on a new role in a fishing club im involved with and i know have the ability to organise pike fishing matches and get plenty of people to them with all procedes going to charity but my question is how do i do it the obvious choice would be for a arthritus charity maybe 1 for children if there is 1 having put up with the pain and knowing what people suffer with on a daily basis

So do i need to get a registered number from the charity before i anounce where the moneys going to who do i need to contact regards sending the money the usual questions
sorry if its in wrong section but ive no idea about these types of things

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I have to say I don't know the answer to this one Craig, but what a wonderful idea. If it were me I would ring the chosen charity and ask them directly how to go about things. I wish you well. DD
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    I have sent a pm to the webmanager, who has passed it on to the appropriate person. Hope for an answer for craigp soon.

Jean
  • craigp
    Thank you both for the replys i just cant wait to get the ball rolling and give a little back plus hve some good fun on the way il keep u updated may even include a few pics but i doubt people are really gunna wanna see a bunch of misfit pikers :lol:
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Sounds like a great idea to me. x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D

Jean (Forum Supervisor)
  • craigp
    Ive managed to actually find arthritis care on the just giving site i will run it through there and keep every 1 upto date once dates have been finalised thanx for the help ive been given :smile:
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    I run a fund raiser each Christmas for a charity. I decide on the Charity, i then contact the charity to see if they are ok with it. i then start the fund raising. I take no expensis and 100% of what i make goes to that Charity.
    This year i done Combat stress. Next year i will chosse a local charity.
    Cheers
    Colin
  • craigp
    Thank you webmanager just sent u an email (WAKEFIELDREGION96) hope to here from you soon :smile:
  • craigp
    If people would like to keep keep checking on this
    http://www.supportarthritiscare.org.uk/craig_pickles?8400767
    this is for online donations and the money raised on day will be added aswell
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Craig

Not long now then :!: I do hope all goes well on the day. I have chipped in because I really admire you bothering to do this.

:lol: I'd love to see some piccies of 'misfit pikers' - your words, not mine. :wink::lol:

Have fun :D

Elna x
  • craigp
    Elna i will add some pictures but i cant promise u wont have nightmares lol
    and thank you for the donation :)
  • craigp
    Quick update in totall with online donations and the money taken today that will be added 2moz online is £250 will add some pictures later
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    :D Good for you Craig. I hope you shared the good weather we had here. I would love to see some photos and hope it was a fun day for all concerned. I hope you feel right proud of your achievement today and are not feeling too whacked out.

Elna x

Who's Online

N1gel
N1gel
+8 Guests