In response to ACs email today - what are we all going to do

pinkbritishstars
pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
edited 3. Jan 2012, 10:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have given the email a lot of thought and really want to fundraise - not sure how yet but really want to raise some money to help Arthritis Care remain the amazing organisation/charity it is.

What are others going to do??

Let's get some ideas together for the New Year :-)

Happy New Year one and all

xxxx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    what email????????
    val
  • pinkbritishstars
    All members got an email today about what is going on with arthritis care for 2012 - including about staff redundancies.

And yes, I do realise that the webmaster has posted something last week but as I dont' come on this site very often I didn't see his post.

Best Wishes

Pink
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Pink,

I didn;t get one but know from reading the webmanagers thing that changes and belt tightening is about.

not sure what I can do beyond a small amount just now and well maybe it will be a better year than the last for all the charities.

Hope you had a decent Christmas? Cris x
  • pinkbritishstars
    You don't need to do a lot though Skeizer.

If we all do something it will be amazing :-)

xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    We have the choice whether to be a paid up member. This is one way we can be supportive with a few clicks of buttons, sitting at our PC. :smile:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    nope no email perhaps it same as last one only for the chosen ones ????? val
    val
  • pinkbritishstars
    Val mine came through this afternoon so maybe you'll get yours this evening

Have a good evening xx
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Hi Val,

I haven't had one either...I think maybe they are going out to members in batches, or maybe some of us will get hard copies x:?: x:?: I think that the announcement on here more or less covers the subject, though.

Jean (Forum Supervisor)
  • valval
    ok have good new year jean
    val
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    No email to me either , but don't think I can send money this year ; hubby's carer allowance doesn't exactly put us on a par with royalty ! Jillyb
  • jean123
    A good New Year to you too, val.

Jean
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Pink,

I agree if we all did a little it would help cus there are a few of us eh? x

Happy new year to you Jean and hope the hard copy isn't too heavy :wink: x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    elnafinn wrote:
    We have the choice whether to be a paid up member. This is one way we can be supportive with a few clicks of buttons, sitting at our PC. :smile:

Elna x

Elna can you just remind us how we can do this??? As l think Pink said...small things can make a difference. l used to do this on my old laptop for 'some other' organisation.

Love

Toni xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Donate or become a member here http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/GetInvolved/Donations

Mod Z
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    I've been a member of AC for few years now , that is my choice and my way of contributing ; but I do object to the assumption that we are all rolling in money and wondering who to donate it to ! I'm sure we're not the only ones being careful with our finances at the moment . Jillyb
  • jean123
    I have not seen the email, but according to pinkbritishstars it is asking for fundraising ideas, and not donations. Pink is asking that everyone puts their heads together for ideas.

Jean
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    It doesn't ask for fundraising ideas, Jean. It is virtually identical to the thread at the top of the forum.

Personally, I joined AC when I started to use the forum as I think all who can, should if using the forums regularly but no-one should feel pressured into doing anything.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    The email is stating facts, like Sticky says, it is a little more detailed than the thread put on by the Webmanager.

Pink came up with a good idea asking if anyone may have suggestions how we could perhaps help. I suggested that becoming a member was one way of helping in a small way.

It is no one's intention that anyone should become upset by this thread and apologies all round if anyone has been.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • SheilaD
    SheilaD Member Posts: 201
    Hi All
    hope you are all well and did not over do it at Xmas :smile:

I didn't get an email either :roll:

Love n hugs
    SheilaD xx
  • elnafinn
    Just a thought, you may only receive AC emails if you have signed up to receive them ................

http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/GetInvolved/Subscribetoouremails

Strange what thoughts one has when hoovering :lol:

Elna x

• valval
    have other emails off them but still not got this one very strange but not to worry we can read most of it any way wonder why they going to the trouble and expence of emailing as well val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I contribute by being a member and, should the good fortune arise, I will give extra monies as and when. As for fundraising well, I struggle with just getting through the day doing the basics for me and Mr DD, the thought of trying to do more fills me (truth be told) with utter despair. I no longer have the emotional or physical resources to cope with much in life, no matter how good the fund-raising cause may be. Let those who can do and those who cannot should not be made to feel guilty. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jean123
    Well said DD

Jean
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Let those who can do and those who cannot should not be made to feel guilty. DD

Thanks for that DD.
    If you feel able to do fundraise and good luck with that. If i could I would, and dont want to feel pressured into doing or giving when i am unable.
    I will be here to support others and hope that will do for now.

Good luck.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Have you seen that programe where people go to each others house
    take turns of cooking.
    We could have dinner nights with members in our area. Lets say 6 people in your area join the dinner club Each pay £12.50 = £75 i think then each take turns of hosting. all monies going to the charity.
    The problem with members paying it will reduce the amount of members joining.
    We could organise something big ( Concert ) but then whos area does it go in and will everyone support it and sell the tickets, Its ok a few of us having the idea without the support of the staff and members it wont work.
    Example I could put on a concert in Liverpool, Brass band or Pipes and Drums, I could do a 60s night with some bands and singers from the 60s
    What about 60s disco or even 50s Lets say £20 a ticket.
    How many of you woulkd come to Liverpool for the Show.
    I could dedicate next years Carol Concert to the Charity but local people wont come for outside charity and i would need to sell 400 tickets to make it worth while.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE