In response to ACs email today - what are we all going to do

Options
2»

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Aw,dear Colin, bless you, I wish you all the very best too, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you, thank you for a positive reply to this thread. Whether anything come of it, does not matter one jot, the fact that you wrote positively speaks zillions to me. You have made the start to the new year wonderful for me - just by your reply. You have been through so much and more than likely still are, cos certain things do not go away, but your words are like a beacon shining in the dark.

Gentle hugs, you will go far,

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Thanks Elna for the kind words, I could do all sorts of things But without the support of the Group its a none starter.
    Take Care
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Colin

I fully understand.

Look after yourself,

Gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi all,
    Apologies for my absence my friends, im surfacing from the very worst flare i have ever suffered, no words can describe the pain, but ive been in bed for nearly 2 weeks. Ive just read this thread and ive been thinking of ways to raise money for charity. I used to do the cancer research race for life, but obviously thats a no no now, and i always donate a christmas baby gift for my local hospital special care baby unit, a place close to my heart.
    But last year a group of wonderful teenagers i taught for confirmation raised some money for arthritis care by asking that no one bought them any gifts to celebrate their day, instead they asked for donations to be made to arthritis care, they raised £350 and i cant tell you how proud of their wonderful gesture i was.
    I do have an idea for raising some money, obviously i cant do much physically at the moment, but i can plan.
    My idea is this: my hobby is Astronomy, im thinking of arranging an astronomy evening, a complete one off, where 10 or so friends could come over one night, view the stars, nebula's and planets (Jupiter at the moment is breath taking!) hubby can print off some star maps of constellations to find and keep, i'll provide a cuppa and a jacket spud for a £10 or above donation to AC. I think it might work.
    Well, love and Happy New Years to you all, here's hoping 2012 is a good year for us all, my resolution this year is to forget about what i can't do, and focus on what i CAN do. Hugs to all (((((()))))) X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I would be willing to do a coffee morning for ARTHRITIS CARE at my library. do you do packs to say what i am collecting for authorization and posters etc. I would be willing to ask my library i am there a lot as a volunteer and in friends committee there if i could do one for you. Joanne
    Joanne
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    Hi all,

I have asked HQ to have a look.

Jean
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    Options
    A coffee morning is a super idea :-) I may well try and organise one in my city too.

pink xx