jean 123

Options

Comments

• jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi everyone, and thank you so much. Dad is still holding on, but he is wandered for much of the time, and thinks he is in an aeroplane. There are a couple of people with dementia on the ward, and he thinks there is a party at night, because they call out.

On the other hand he knows me, and is grumpy because he can't just go home, bless him. He is also quite suspicious when the nurses ask his permission to do anything, and looks to me to either explain, or tell him what to say.

Seems alike two steps forward, and one step back, but things are going in the right direction, hopefully.

Jean
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Jean

Good to hear an update

I really doesn't do older people, who are at all confused, good to be away from home does it? BUT in this case he needs it for health reasons

Even though he needs it :sad:

The visits by you and other family will be helping more than you know. Two forward and one back is still one forward. My fingers are sill firmly crossed for him and you too.

You take care

Love and (((())))

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    when my dad had heart probs he had problems with his memory and wandered not concentrated at all but now all sorted he back to normal so fingers are crossed it just short term val
    val
  • jean123
    Options
    Thank you val. It is good to know that things may improve. :D:D

Great to hear from you Toni. It is a dilemma, isn't it :wink::wink:

Jean
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Jean

It's getting the balance right isn't it? As soon as possible get them home and his confusion may well settle down a lot.

Bit like Val's Dad :) .

Thinking of you

LOve

Toni xxx
  • valval
    Options
    well it thursday again leaving a

t4427.gif

to keep you going ((())) val
    val
  • jean123
    Options
    I have just been told that dad is not likely to make it, so will probably not post for a while - but will be looking in.

Please continue your hopes and prayers for him. I can only hope for a miracle, and I believe the power of the collective mind is strong.

Poor dad is having panic attacks, and I spent some time with him today just holding his hand and comforting him, then he would sleep exhausted, only to wake with another attack.

Jeanxxx
  • valval
    Options
    jean there are no words but you will be in all our thoughts we do not expect you to post but we will keep you both in our thoughts (((())))
    val
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Jean I'll keep sending positive vibes. It's an awful time for you right now. So sorry.

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    Options
    positive vibes coming your way (((()))) val
    val
  • jean123
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone. We are waiting to see if dad has a place in the local hospice. I so much want him to be there, his face lit up when he was told by the MacMillan nurse.

Jeanxxx
  • valval
    Options
    i do hope they get him in quick good luck ((())) val
    val
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Still thinking of you all Jean :(

Love

Toni xxx
  • valval
    Options
    jean ((())) and positive thoughts coming your way. val
    val
  • jean123
    Options
    Dad seemed better today, talked sensibly, if not often, and his breathing was less laboured. I persuaded him to eat all his dinner 3/4 of his pudding, and then a whole banana and some cadbury's buttons we bought. He also drank 2 beakers of juice. He even laughed at a joke. :D

I have decided to go at mealtimes to visit, as he eats much better for me than the nurses.

Jeanxxx
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Hi Jean, am so pleased your dad has perked up. It is probably a good idea to go at meal times, at least you will see how much he is eating and it will put your mind a little bit at ease.

take care and sending a big ((((((((x))))))))
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • valval
    Options
    jean this is great news sounds like a plan being there to help encorage his eating val
    val
  • jean123
    Options
    Today has been good so far, with dad alert and able to smile...and even a bit nosy as to what was going on. I fed him and he ate every scrap of his dinner, plus about 4 or 5 grapes. No news yet as to the hospice, but we were told we wouldn't be contacted at the weekend.

I am going back to give him his tea.

Jeanxxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Jean my Dad and mum went into the hospice...then 2 years ago my brother..I will be eternally grateful to them for there care and love..not to just to them but to me has well.
    I will be thinking about you and your dad bless him, and dont forget yourself in all this...sending lots of hugs and love (((())) xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Lots of love jean. glad things have improved
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    Hi Jean
    just wanted to say we are thinking of you and your dad, hope the hospice gets back to you asap to make your dad comfy, in our thoughts and sending positive vibes xxxx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • valval
    Options
    morning jean hope your dad has got his bed in hospice by now and is settled. just wanted to let you know still thinking of you all val
    val
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Jean I am so sorry, I know what you're going through after losing my dear dad at the end of 2011.

Sending condolences and hugs.

funeralflowers003-1.jpg

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    so very sorry Jean xx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Dear Jean,
    I am so so, sorry for the loss of your Dad, you were a wonderful daughter Jean, treasure all the happy memories. I will light candles for you and your family. Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X