Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Message for tilly are you doing the gardening topic again

suncatchersuncatcher Posts: 2,174
edited 30. Jan 2012, 13:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi tilly i would like to know if you are bringing back our garden sharing topic back to the chit chat. I have missed it loads and wish it to come back. thank you from Joanne
Joanne

Comments

• valvalvalval Posts: 15,897
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    she better it was great
    val
  • Airwave!Airwave! Posts: 2,427 ✭✭
    Oh god, is it that time of the year already? I haven't even got round to thinking it's about time yet! and I only do that at least four weeks late.... Must go and dig some potatoes up and make some room for this years.
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 26,324 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure she will bring it back because our Tilly has even been doing 'winter' gardening between you and me :wink:

Love

Toni xxx
    Love

Toni xxx
  • mellman01mellman01 Posts: 5,303
    Well got 6 toms out in me greenhouse with another 8 in the kitchen window, also I've got 2 types of Naga Chilli's growing as I did last year, big difference is I'm NOT using J arthur Bowers compost the stuff is posion, used it last year and paid the price for doing so, it's skanky stuff made up of council compost it's total c**p, don't go near it, the stuff is full of disease and pests, I'm so paranoid now all the compost I use for germination and growing seedlings I put in metal trays and oven cook it on gas mark 3 for an hour to kill any nasties off. I don't want a repeat of last years disater.
  • suncatchersuncatcher Posts: 2,174
    I am planning my garden. In getting the seeds together, and writing out labels for them. I have decided to be more organized and ready. The flower catalogs are coming through my door giving me ideas. :D
    I am getting a flower tower soon. I thought it would be a nice change. I will still do my hanging baskets this year. I might get a pulley type thing to get them down to my hight instead of struggling.The colors will be red white blue in them.
    :D I haven't seen Tilly on for a while but if she is secretly gardening that would explain it.from joanne
    Joanne
    mellman01 wrote:
    Well got 6 toms out in me greenhouse with another 8 in the kitchen window, also I've got 2 types of Naga Chilli's growing as I did last year, big difference is I'm NOT using J arthur Bowers compost the stuff is posion, used it last year and paid the price for doing so, it's skanky stuff made up of council compost it's total c**p, don't go near it, the stuff is full of disease and pests, I'm so paranoid now all the compost I use for germination and growing seedlings I put in metal trays and oven cook it on gas mark 3 for an hour to kill any nasties off. I don't want a repeat of last years disater.

John innings for me all the way hope you have better luck this year mellano
    Joanne
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    Hello suncatcher, I agree with you about the gardening thread: although I don't garden I also enjoyed it and reading the knowledgeable posts. Alas, our lovely tilly is not doing very well at the moment (she is a fragile girl and so not posting very much) but I told her about your message and she would be more than happy for you to resurrect that thread or begin another one. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
    Wish Tilly well from us. Tell her she is missed and hope she will be with us once again. From joanne
    Joanne