how could i have been so STUPID

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Just got thru 6 hours without a pill ,just had one at 6 o clock that leaves me 1 to get thru the night.
    All the support i feel from you all makes me determined not to let any of you down.Wore the cardi in bed DD ,must make one in a dark colour.
    Love to you all.Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Well done you girl :D

l am so pleased for you too.

Cakegirl your sister is an inspiration too.

Thanks for telling her story

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh Mig! Firstly, hats off to you for doing so well - that takes guts and you, my lovely, are doing so well - and secondly, my I suggest navy blue? :D DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    Slowly loosing the craving,its there hiding in the pit of my stomach,having hair cut monday i look like i have been dragged thru a hedge certainly feel like it.Mig
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    You are doing so well. Having your hair cut will be a nice treat and something to look forward to.

Hope you manage well over the weekend.
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    [/quote] I take codeine myself but prob about 3 a day (30mg) but it does worry me as I appreciate how addictive they can become.
    [/quote]
    I have taken dihydrocodeine when I had a disc prolapse years ago. I had to take slow release ones twice a day for 3 months, even then I couldn't get out of bed for 8 weeks.
    No-one told me they were addictive so I just stopped taking them one day when things started to improve. I didn't know what was wrong with me that night it was horrible (I know now it was 'cold turkey').
    I went to the doctors in the morning and she told me that I should come off them gradually, which I did and swore I would never take them again.
    When I was prescribed Co-codamel for my OA I was panicking that I might get hooked on them, but the Pain clinic said that the dose I was on (30/500 x 1 3 times a day) would not be a problem.
    You are doing really well MIG, it's a good job you realised and asked for help.
  • suzygirl
    Mig, just hoping you had a good night and are having a lovely weekend. Keep warm, we have snow here.
  • mig
    Bit of a rough night plus been twitchy all day,trying to work thru it.
    snow just started to settle in notts.Mig
  • frogmorton
    Hi Mig

keep on going you are doing so very well. You will beat this!

Snow settling here for an hour or two in staffs :(

Love

Toni xxx
  • mig
    Been to see gp today shes keeping me on 4 pills a day of 30mg for the next 2 weeks but have to have them 6 hours apart.She also talked about lowering the dose to 15mg pills after that,had blood test to see if liver is behaving its self.Told me to take the naproxen if i get much pain,didnt want to prescribe anything else till we have the codeine sorted.Has also said maybe patchs would be right for me but thats in the future and has put in my medical records that i have an adverse reaction to codeine so if i see anyone else they will know not to give me any codeine based medicine.
    bless you all Mig
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Well done Mig, I really admire youre attitude, you're an inspiration.
    Hugs ((())) Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • suzygirl
    Thats great Mig, you are doing really well. Did you get your haircut? Or is that tomorrow?

Take care
  • zechariah
    zechariah Member Posts: 222
    I fully understand, about 10 years ago I too became addicted to DHC, I didnt realise I had a problem until a friend who is a nurse noticed me taking more than prescribed, she was really good about it but pointed out that she had seen me take 8 in a 5 hour period. Luckily I am 6' 4" and 18 stone and so I have a lot to absorb it. I came off them slowly and suffered no ill effects.
    I am now back on them for pain again but it isnt a problem this time and I dont crave the next dose, they are very addictive and you have done well for standing up and telling people what has happened, it is by doing this that helps others realise they may have a problem or admit to it and get it sorted.

Zec
  • mig
    People on here continue to amaze me with their support and honesty.
    Had hair cut on monday feel a little like my old self.Next week it will be nails as we have been invited to an evening wedding party.
    Am now taking pills 6 hours apart,8 oclock 2 oclock and so on,had to go to bathroom 2 oclock in the morning so took last pill and slept thru till 7.30 well done me. :D
    DD got some air force blue wool so off we go again.
    Love you all.Mig
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Morning Mig
    It is good that you are now feeling a little more like your old self again.
    I am pleased that you have been to the hairdressers and had your hair done, that does make you feel better :) and when your nails are done for your night out you will feel absolutely fab.
    I hope you have a great evening.

Hope you have a good day today, sending a huge hug (((((((((((()))))))))))
    Love juliepf x
  • mig
    Just had a call from gp with latest blood results which she says have come right down,having another in two weeks before i go back to see her.Still dont know for sure wether it was the codiene or the leth.Mig
  • suzygirl
    Mig, you are doing well. Glad you have another treat to look forward to next week. :D
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Keep it going , Mig , you're an inspiration . Jillyb
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Mig,

Great news with the blood results, you have really done so well with coping with it all. I am pleased that you have started to feel better in yourself and you have booked in for your nails to be done.
    I have treated myself to a massage and a facial which made me feel so much better. Going to book in for my hair to be done too. :D

Well done again,

I x
  • elianne42
    elianne42 Member Posts: 15
    Hello Mig,
    well done you, it is really hard to admit you feel addicted, i am beginning to wonder if i am- i take tramadol, tried reducing it when days are easier but get terrible shakes and palpitations! will take it slowly, then i have a day when i need more for the pain so feels like am on a roundabout and can't get off!!
    chin up, from what i can see from the forums we are all here to support each other, i often cry whilst reading and replying to posts, don't worry about it, my hubby says ' 1 tear out is better than an increase in tension in a muscle somewhere- see it as a release'
    take care, hope the days have been kinder to you :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello Mig my lovely - ye gods girl, you ARE doing well - and as for the airforce blue, well, what can I say? Blue is my favourite colour. :D I bet the hair looks great and having the talons done is always a treat. Good luck with the crochet and I reckon general grubbiness will be less of a problem this time around. ((())) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    How lucky am i ,going to see billy connerly friday night which we booked several months ago daughter has just told us she has booked us in the theatre resturant for a meal,thought we both needed a treat.even my family have been so surportive,i just got an "oh mother" when i told them what had happened.Mig
  • frogmorton
    I remain proud of you Mig :D

and am covetous of your Billy Connelly tickets and hope you have a fabulous time out.

Love

Toni xx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Hope the Billy Connolly show is good , Mig , we are going to see him next month when he comes to Brighton . Keep doing what you're doing . Jillyb
  • mig
    Had a really good few days was going to cut back on pills but hubby says got to stick to gps plan,i surpose hes right.
    Billy Connerly show great success he was on stage for two and a half hours. Keep warm everyone .Mig