how could i have been so STUPID

Options

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    Yes I agree with your hubby.....stick to the GP's instructions....they will get you off them safely......dont want to go cold turkey if you do it yourself :lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Hi Mig. I'm sorry I'm so late to this but I'm out of the country right now and only looking in occasionally and briefly. I just wanted to add my support. You made a very simple mistake and had the courage to go public with it. Well done, you! I'm so pleased all is working out for the best. This is no more than you deserve. Keep up the good work.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Why is it that things always seem worse at the week-end,got the fidgets all week-end a little better today,hope it doesnt start next week-end as we are going to an evening wedding party. :? Mig
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    I'm sure the fidgets will settle down soon Mig, you've coped throughout all of this SO well, I'm really amazed at how well youve done, im sure its all due to your strength of character :D just look forward to the wedding, and meeting up with friends and having a good time. You deserve it :P (((()))) X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • mig
    Options
    Know now why i was taking more pills than prescribed,aches and pains have really kicked in,so have taken the naproxen as gp advised,hope it helps,if not she said i can try paracetamol.Go back to see gp tuesday,she will probaly cut codeine from 30mg to 15.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Pain does this, Mig, it's a b***er isn't it? Pain relief is only ever temporary and never 100%, I reckon that my cocos take off about 20% which has to be enough. The tramadol eases about 30% but never for very long, the usual 90 minutes or so. :roll: I hope the Nap helps, that would be a good thing wouldn't it? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Mig, you are doing so well, keep going!!! :D
  • mig
    Options
    Had blood test this morning,off to see Gp tomorrow morning to find out what happens next.I dont seem to crave the codeine now but using them to help control the pain which i now get in knees,left shoulder and back of the neck,so my question is were the codeine just masking new pains, i didnt seem to have them before the codeine incident ?Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh dear Mig, who knows? It could be that as the codeine was being so effective you were over-doing things and have somehow hurt yourself further, it could also be that you are just tired after the events of the week-end (tiredness always makes me more aware of pain) or it could be that your arthritis is progressing. I don't know, you don't know and the docs probably won't know: it is as it is and I am sure that you will be able to deal with it. Take each day as it comes, we can do no more. (()) DD
  • suzygirl
    Options
    Mig, hope your appt goes well tomorrow.
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I am glad things are getting sorted for you. wishing you well and offering my cyber support. from joanne
    Joanne
  • mig
    Options
    So been to see GP,liver count is near enough normal so shes thinking it was the codeine that gave me a raised count,she has dropped the codeine to 15mg one 4 times a day but if i feel confident try with less and try paracetamol instead.So will give it a go and see what happens.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    You seem to be on the right path Mig, so this is a good thing. DD
  • suzygirl
    Options
    Greeat stuff Mig, you are doing well. Dont try to do too much too soon tho.
  • mig
    Options
    Hi All,this is my second day on 15mg of codeine and boy do i know i have cut down,twitchy legs and scary feeling in pit of stomach,am sitting here with a wheaty bag on knees to see if it helps,i know i not but it feels like i am back to square one,hope it passes soon.Mig
  • suzygirl
    Options
    Keep going Mig, you have done really well. Just take it an hour at a time. What have you got to look forward to?? Do use distraction techniques? I play silly games on fb, and it takes my mind off the pain.
  • mig
    Options
    Had a really s**** night ,i tried to go 6 hours between pills(15mg) as i was doing with the 30 mg but it was not good so hubby and i decided to make it 4 hours then after a couple of days start streching it out,does this sound like a good plan ?Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh Mig, my lovely, I dunno. I guess you have to find a way to help you and that sounds like a starting point: what is the dose, i.e. how do you get the 15mgs? My guess is one tablet, yes? If the minimum is 4 hours then do that for a day or two, then stretch the interval to 5 hours, then 6: if an extra hour is too much then do 4.5 hours, then stretch to 5, 5.5 then go to 6. That's what I would try. DD
  • mig
    Options
    Thanks DD thats what i thought too.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's very much trial-and-error with these things, Mig, don't deny yourself the relief but if it isn't cutting the mustard do the good old distraction thing of doing summat else to take your mind off matters. I did an ABC of swear words (of varying strength) last night to do just that, I can't think of one that begins with an 'e'! DD
  • mig
    Options
    That made me laugh DD ,sat here thinking and cant think of a swear word either,shall ask my sister shes good at swearing,but she says things like fork and knife and knobs and knockers.Shall put it on chit chat and see what comes up.Mig
  • suzygirl
    Options
    can't think of one that begins with an 'e'! DD

I try not to swear but 'e*fing' would fit in I believe??? :shock: Have to say your distrasction techniques are more amusing than mine :lol:

Mig, take it at your own pace, you are doing well and have already come so far. Speak to the doc for advice if necessary.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Alphabet lists are good: car marques, trees, boys' and girls' names, flowers, fruit, dog breeds, fruit, etc etc etc then lists can be refined, e.g three syllables ending in 'er', e.g. another, banister, container, decider, engender, forever. I have a dull life. :lol: DD
  • mig
    Options
    Today has been so up and down ,sometimes i feel fine then i go cold and then sweaty,havent been able to eat much as i feel sickly,but knowing what it is makes me know i can get thru this.Today i stretched the pills to 4 and a half hours between each one, next one is 6.30 that will leave me one to take at 11 to get me thru the night.fingers crossed.Mig
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Mig

Although I haven't been posting much recently, I have been looking in and have been keeping up to with your thread, Just wanted to say that I think you are doing so well and am full of admiration for the way you are dealing with this.

Thinking of you.

Love Tillyxxx