Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Keen cyclist now has Arthritis.

barry2012barry2012 Posts: 19
edited 2. Feb 2012, 03:55 in Say Hello Archive
Hoping for some advice. I am 59 and have been having knee pain since April 2011, 2 weeks ago I had an Arthroscopy on both knees, it was a hell of a shock to be told I have arthritis in both knees. As a keen cyclist I am use to cycling 6 to 8000 miles a year, at present I am finding it very hard to get around and am off, the bike also off work as a engineer, have an app with GP on Fri. Am retireing this July and hoped to be able to lead a active life. Is it possible to carry out long distance cycling with arthritis, any help would be most welcome.

Comments

• tillytoptillytop Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Barry and welcome to the forum.

So sorry about your arthritis diagnosis and no wonder it was a shock for you.

I think that if you re-post your message on the Living with Arthritis (LWA) forum you will get more replies because most of us look there regularly. We are a friendly bunch, so you will be made very welcome.

Tillyxxx
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 26,324 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Barry

l think l have alreday 'met' you on the LWA forum, but welcome from me too :D

Toni xxx
    Love

Toni xxx