Atos decision

Options
tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 7. Nov 2013, 12:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
According to them I'm fit and healthy for work :shock:
I was basically bed ridden with a real bad flare when the doctor came to see me to do the report, obviously I should have been dead instead....
Ar$e :x :x
I'm sooooooo annoyed right now
Will be ringing DIAL on monday morning as soon as they open..

Oh b#lloc#s
:x :x :x
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dr was obviously thinking about his bonus rather than your needs. I would use a few choice swear words too! I am so angry for you!

You will appeal won't you? I guess you will. These Dr's cannot be ethical in their decsions and indded ATOS as they pay on results.

Get the report that the DR completed asap. You know they fail everyone at first, and you will get it on appeal. Although that isn't helpful if you need the money now is it? An extra £30 a week is a lot to most peeps. Certainly is to me

Get your MP involved as well

God I've got this to go through soon myself!

We are all with you Tony, please feel free to carry on ranting,

Did the Dr see you in bed? In pain? Yes, nope not enough obviously, I hope karma does it's worst on him.

It's all complete _______________ feel free to fill in missing words of tour choice

Janie
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    LOL we all know what the outcome of this poll will be although it has only started.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Tony,
    I'm typing this with my bad hand so sorry for any mistakes,
    I'm sooo angry for you! but anger will only take you so far,
    You need a plan:
    1. Get an emergency appt with your Rheumy and show them the report, ask them to comment on it and write a counter report for you.
    2. Do the same with your GP ASAP
    3. Get your MP involved
    4. I would be tempted to sue ATOS for unecessary upset and false representation.
    All this takes it out of you Tony, so take a deep breath, enjoy your weekend with Janet and the family and know we are all behind you.
    My hubby has just commented that he fears for ATOS should they take me on :lol: quite right! Just because we are disabled doesnt mean we are helpless! together we'll expose this bunch of charlatans for what they are.
    Off to soak my hands in hot wax now Tony, but pm me if you want anymore info. Big hugs to you and Janet ((())) Xx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    OMG Tony....they really do have it in for us....I know a job you could do...Mr Cameron wants a cat sitter for num 10 ... :? :? when hes away on his many hols...
    Love
    Barbara
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Fuming and spitting fire ; how can they be so blinkered and stupid ? If looks and wishes could kill , there'd be a few bodies in need of removal up there in the north ! Hope you and Janet can comfort each other and try to enjoy your weekend . Fight fight fight , we're all with you . Jillyb
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Cant believe how bad they are...
    Id like to se them cope a day with your problems Tony let alone try working with them. Its not as if were asking for pay related benefit were asking for a pittance and what we deserve after all the tax and NI weve paid into the country. It really pees me off that people who have never worked can claim but we have to fight for every penny when we would rather work. Its no fun sitting at home unable to leave the house for fear of falls, messy accidents :oops: unless you know where you are going is accessible, has facilities close at hand and you have someone to care for you.Yes I imagine thats what we envisaged when we started out trying to cheat the benefits system into giving us £98 per week to replace our larger pay packets. :x
    (wow bit of a rant there sorry)

Its hard enough if they drop you in the work related category especially with this new legislation if they get it htrough parliament I for one will be losing my ESA if it does. all because my hubby earns more than £7500 a year yep that covers a few bills doesnt it. Its not much money but I dont think they realise it gives a small lifeline without it my life will be much harder and I will no longer have an independant income so have to ask my hubby for everything when we are already struggling. My GP reckons Ill never work again he says after all its a degenerative disease and mine is particularly resistant to drugs and is now damaging joints. Do ATOS know what degenerative means?? It certainly doesnt mean will improve in a year so you can work again
    Well silly me for getting ill and not being an expert faker to get into support group eh.. should have played dead although they would have still put me in WRA group :lol:

good luck with your appeal Tony

Theresa xx
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    it hard to put down what i am thinking pal would get banned that for sure the taking the pi** they can not be docs or they would never do this to people who need it they need to sort the skivers out not those who need the help it no wonder i keep struggaling to work it not worth the effort you make sure you appeal pal show them you will not be steam rollered with that crap ((())) val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Sadly mate, I'm not surprised. Angry? Yes. Disappointed? Yes, but surprised? No. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I'm so grateful for every single response, and I thank you all.. As soon as dial opens monday I'm ringing them and hoping to see the same lady who helped me many years ago when I had to go through the tribunals.. I know she still works there as she recently helped our neighbour.. Fuming does not begin to cover how I feel but alas, dear DD, I too am not surprised hun...

I'm forgetting it all until monday.. That's the plan anyway, lol..

Thank you, and Popster, bless you hun.. I hope that you are ok and that the injection works..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    I think the person who mentioned sue is right. They are clearly telling lies. I read somwhere how the ATOS contract was worth something like £60 million per year for several years. and how another branch of ATOS was getting several £ million too.
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Oh I am so sorry to hear this TJT - beggars belief doesn't it?

I sometimes think these people are hell-bent on making life as difficult as possible for people whose lives are difficult enough already - in ways they probably couldn't imagine in their worst nightmares.

Really hope you can manage to sort this out.

Thinking of you.

Tillyxxx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    I can feel your anger.. and your frustration, they said exactly the same to me...

I went to CAB and they have helped me with my appeal, i still do not have a date for my appeal and it has been a yr..

If i can help with anything pm me.. Also talk to your GP mine was very helpful..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I was wondering if you had heard yet. The outcome is no surprise. Not nowadays anyway.So its more dragging around and stress for you to get what you should be entitled too.

Unaminous decision on the poll....

E
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Tony I am so very shocked,sorry and angry to read this.
    I really do hope that dial can help you.
    Don't know what else to say , sorry :roll:
    Love Juliepf x
  • jayney44
    jayney44 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Am furious for you too!

This is outrageous. It beggars belief. :roll:

I have been advised by my O/T, Rheumy team and Gp to apply for DLA as it may help me decide if I can cut my hours at work, or not. Up to now, I haven't applied as I don't have the strength to fight these "doctors" (and I use this term very loosly).

Hoping you get the help you need and deserve from dial.

Hang in there.

Jayne x
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Oh Tony,
    Totally unbelievable.....I'd never heard of ATOS...until I came on this forum so I did a bit of homework.

I can honestly say I have yet to find anything good to say about them.

I know you'll fight...but you shouldn't have to.

May
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    p065.gif

bus is ready
    val
  • oldies
    oldies Member Posts: 66
    Options
    It beggers belief,hope DIAL can help you.I am expecting to go for a medical not heard anything yet.Do CAB and DIAL charge for their services? think they all need to walk in our shoes for a day or two.
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    Options
    Oh Tony I am sorry, but not surprised.

I will be thinking of you.

Pink
  • tjt6768
    Options
    oldies wrote:
    It beggers belief,hope DIAL can help you.I am expecting to go for a medical not heard anything yet.Do CAB and DIAL charge for their services? think they all need to walk in our shoes for a day or two.

Thanks once again for the fantastic support.. Sorry I've been awol most of the weekend, I'm trying to forget all about it for now..
    Oldies... CAB & DIAL both help for free but I've heard that some DIAL places have stopped helping cases like this due to lack of funding.. I hope that is wrong.

I really didn't want to have to go through all this shift... :x
    I an far from fit for work.. I barely make it out of bed most if the time, been stumbling from one flare to the next, inflammation is far from under control, plus the OA pain, that's relentless, sometimes the dullers do a bit of good but not enough to live anything near a normal life let alone a working one.. I hate all this crap...
    I'm just glad that I've got my wonderful missus & of course, you lot..
    Del, they've no idea who they're messing with, should just go down to downing street and knock em all out, lol..
    maybe I should just become a junkie, stick two fingers up to the world, start robbing grannies.. Maybe then I'll get a do goody social worker and they'll just give me my benefits no questions asked for the rest of my sad life.... Oh boy am I pee'd off with it all. Does it show? Lol
    I apologise..
    Ahem, I'll get my act together ready for tomorrow. Half ten dial opens..

Thanks again and sleep well..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Oh Tony :(

l only just saw this.

I am shocked...angry...yep, but oddly not surprised :roll:

Appeal of course and you know you can count me in...

Grrrr!!!

Love

Toni xxx
  • oldies
    oldies Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Good luck Tony,go get em,go to you mp and anyone else who can fight your corner.Sadly i think most of us are going to have to go through the process :o
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good luck Tony...we are all behind you...
    Love
    Barbara
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Good luck today Tony..

A cousin of my partner told me last week that he gets ESA, when asked what for he said it was because he couldnt be bothered to sign on so doc writes sick notes for depression..
    He has had a medical and passed and declared unfit for work...I was so angry when he told me, it seems a joke to him.. there is nowt wrong with him other than he dont want to go to work.. Its people like him that ruin it for people like us.. It infuriates me so much..

Thinkinig of you and wishing you well, dont let them win ..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • Emily
    Emily Member Posts: 124
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    According to them I'm fit and healthy for work :shock:
    I was basically bed ridden with a real bad flare when the doctor came to see me to do the report, obviously I should have been dead instead....
    Ar$e :x :x
    I'm sooooooo annoyed right now
    Will be ringing DIAL on monday morning as soon as they open..

Oh b#lloc#s
    :x :x :x

Can you imagine if you were sent to work, do you think big employers will make any adjustments for people with disabilities, 'NO' that costs money and employers are not going to spend moeny on employees, that is a joke. I have been trying to get employer to make adjustments for me although they recommended getting Access to Work, but it was becasue they thought that my disability was not real. They actually put it in writing that if we get Access to Work in to make assessment they would not have to pay for equipment. Access to Work made the assessment and said that some equipment was needed for me, but employer would not purchase the equipment and this is becuse they are such a large company they would have to pay for all of it.

Employer still has not purchased the equipment and this puts a lot of stress on me.

I expect employers takes disabled people on if they are getting paid for doing so by government, but as soon as that runs out, employer with get rid of the disable person on capabilities grounds. What a game they are playing with disabled people. :?: :?: