Today I have been mainly.....

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 28. Feb 2012, 10:36 in Community Chit-chat archive
.......finishing painting my latest masterpiece
.......avoiding the housework as much as possible
.......listening to a very interesting talk given by nurses from the Macmillan Unit at my local hospital. What a dedicated team of people they are!
.......watching ''One Born Every Minute'' on TV.( My OH has to leave the room when it's on because he can't stand the pain :roll: )

What are you doing today :?:
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hellooo my dear friend...
    :D today I r been mostly miserable... Another flare has deemed me a worthy companion..
    Hey, that programme, yep... That one... I'm ashamed to say but my cousin and his wife were on it. I saw a little bit of it on channel four catch up so not sure if it was last weeks.. His name is Paul, he had a t-shirt with a gas mask on? Was that last nights programme?
    I can't believe he was on there.. Lol
    I know that there was some problem with the birth.. Think forceps were used. Not my kind of programme so didn't watch it fully.. I assume that each week they show just two mothers? The one they were on had some scally little girl who's chap was in prison, how wonderful eh?
    Numpties.... :roll:
    I assume you have been having a late night Joan judging by the time of your post. Not sure if you're still around.
    I can't sleep. Might try watching a film...

Hope that you are alright hun. Xxxxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    I had a visitor yesterday my wee Godddaughter.....

still clearling up today Joan :lol:

l loves her!

Toni xx

(Tony...that lass was ok...not really a scally...chap might have been though :roll: )
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    today am putting off house work
    trying to think what to have for brunch
    messaging a pal who is in lots of pain at min
    watching crap on telly
    resting as got aches lol
    and must pay some bills and register washer keep putting it off for some reason lol
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    :D today I r been mostly miserable... Another flare has deemed me a worthy companion..
    Hey, that programme, yep... That one... I'm ashamed to say but my cousin and his wife were on it. I saw a little bit of it on channel four catch up so not sure if it was last weeks.. His name is Paul, he had a t-shirt with a gas mask on? Was that last nights programme?
    I know that there was some problem with the birth.. Think forceps were used. Not my kind of programme so didn't watch it fully.. I assume that each week they show just two mothers? The one they were on had some scally little girl who's chap was in prison, how wonderful eh?
    I assume you have been having a late night Joan judging by the time of your post. Not sure if you're still around.

I'm sorry to hear that you were kept awake by another flare, Tony, and I hope that today will be a better one for you.

hugforfriend.jpg

Yes, I was still awake in the early hours, so sorry I missed your post.

Re. ''One Born Every Minute'', I don't think your cousin and wife were on last night, but I think I remember the episode you mentioned. I find it a very moving programme to see all those babies coming into the world, and how the mothers cope with the birth. I think the women are brave to appear on TV.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Toni- I hope that the clearing up wasn't too bad, and I'm sure it was worth it to see your God-daughter.

Del-Not too much limping I hope now that you've got that new scooter. :D

Val-Glad to hear that I'm not the only one putting off the housework. :D
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    today joan, I have just come in from a little trip to the coop and lidl on my scooter.
    Needed to get some fresh air to try to wake me up.

Did it work......no, I now want to sleep more, the fresh air has knocked me out :lol: can't win :lol:

Love Juliepf x
  • joanlawson
    Options
    I know the feeling, Julie. I could sleep for England during the day, but then I'm awake half the night :roll:

I hope you have a good day b015.gif
  • joanlawson
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Today I shall mainly be waiting for the Humira delivery and limping.

Del, I forgot to say good luck with the Humira. I hope it works well for you.
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    looking after my two grandchildren..love them lots but now they have gone home i feel completely whacked out..so going to take some pain-relief
    and have a early night..or another rest-full night more- like it
    you all take care
    georgie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    got up at 7 went back to bed at 8 got up 9.15 had nap at 11 now trying to stay awake till bed time cleaned at work so have not done any at home did get washing on line and it dried paid bills so not all lost val
    val
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Today has been another day lost to arthur and his flares.. Managed to get out of bed twice, woohoo.. Lol
    Both necessary trips to the loo, haha.. So nothing exciting for me today.
    Hoping I can get up in the morning without too much pain.

I still can't believe my cousin was on that programme, lol...

Right, I'm gonna have a cuddle with the furry purry pillow laid at my side, no, not Janet, she's on the other side... Ra of course. Lol
    He's reclaimed his spot beside my pillow..
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thank you Joan. I'll be ok, these flares don't last forever, it just seems that way sometimes.. Lol
    Might try for am early night tonight.. If not I'll probably find you later on.. :D

joanlawson wrote:
    tjt6768 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that you were kept awake by another flare, Tony, and I hope that today will be a better one for you.

hugforfriend.jpg

Yes, I was still awake in the early hours, so sorry I missed your post.

Re. ''One Born Every Minute'', I don't think your cousin and wife were on last night, but I think I remember the episode you mentioned. I find it a very moving programme to see all those babies coming into the world, and how the mothers cope with the birth. I think the women are brave to appear on TV.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Looking forward to 10am I get the tube taken out
    I have been having a oesophageal manometry and
    PH study Its probably one of the most distressing things
    I have ever had done and this is my second one. Wont go
    into detail but I have a plastic tube from my nose to
    the top of my tummy and that will be removed at 10am
    this morning. What a relief that will be.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    All the best with that Colin....

l am so glad it's coming out any minute :shock:

Love

Toni xx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Hi Colin. Hopefully when you read this the tube will be gone mate.. Hope the removal isn't too stressful but I'm sure it won't be fun.
    Best wishes rkid
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Options
    Had the tube out all went well it only took seconds. However getting it in was a different story. Over the past 5 years i have had allsorts done to me but this was by far the mostdistressfull thing i have ever had done. Anyway its all over now as Mick would say. Thanks
    Colin
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Glad that's over with rkid..
    Can't have been nice.. certainly not my idea of fun.. :shock:
    Most distressing procedure I've ever had is a stellate ganglion block injection. basically they inject pain killer and anesthetic into your throat, from the front, and push the needle to the very back :o All the while you're laid there unable to move one bit.. Takes around five minutes. I've had around eight done.. They're for un-diagnosed chest pains..
    Fun fun fun..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Made fifty pounds for arthritis care :D:D:D
    Joanne
  • joanlawson
    Options
    suncatcher wrote:
    Made fifty pounds for arthritis care :D:D:D

Excellent :!: Well done :!: :D
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Colin- I'm glad to hear that the tube has been removed successfully. What a horrible thing to have to endure. :(

Tony- Sorry that you're still feeling so rough, and I hope you will feel better soon.

Today I've been wining and dining with my friends from my art group- a lovely lot, so great fun. We're making plans to go out sketching and painting in the countryside once the weather improves, so can't wait. :D
  • Colin1
    Options
    Hope your feeling better today Tony
    Colin
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Colin! :shock: :o :shock: You poor man, I hope it's been removed by now.

Today I have mostly been sitting on the sofa. Yup, 'swon of those days. Poo. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • flossy47
    flossy47 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Second pj day on the trot. Got a blinding headache.
    Flossy
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Hi Colin. I'm ok cheers mate. Even been out. Visited a couple of friends this evening.

DD, hope things get better soon my dear.
    The usual blokey hugs coming your way my luv... :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    Options
    DD and Flossy-sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well today.

Today I've been walking through the parkland of Calke Abbey, a NT property in Derbyshire. The sun was shining through the trees and on the lakes, making everything look very beautiful. It was good to get out in the fresh air and sunshine.

Came back and started a new painting of Venice ( very difficult because of the complicated architecture )
    At the same time, I cooked a full roast dinner- how's that for multi-tasking :?: I bet Canaletto couldn't do that :D