lady birds

Options
2»

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I love the picture Tony...I would have that one made bigger and put it on the wall
    I have seen quite a few ladybirds around...and bumble bees...now its good to see them..bees have been in decline over the last few years...
    I hate wasp.. :x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Ladybugs?? where are you from waddle??

I 'bought' yes bought some ladybirds last year and a ladybird house for them to hibernate in. I hope it helped because there were an awful ot of greenfly last year :x

Toni xx
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Went bug hunting in feb and saw quite a few of them then... unsure what they eat in winter as they eat aphids...
    In the summer at Mablethorpe they get loads of lady bugs.... as you walk along the front you are covered with them...the paths are covered...they are everywhere. wonder what they taste like??? Chicken!!!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    ...they are everywhere. wonder what they taste like??? Chicken!!![/quote]

:lol::lol::lol:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Ladybugs?? where are you from waddle??

I 'bought' yes bought some ladybirds last year and a ladybird house for them to hibernate in. I hope it helped because there were an awful ot of greenfly last year :x

Toni xx

So the UK boom of ladybirds is down to what's happening in that little house you bought Toni :shock: :lol:2.gif

From what I understand when the ladybirds run out of aphids that's when they start nipping humans ..........we're the next best thing apparently especially when we're sweaty!

Good job we girls don't sweat, we merely glow :wink:

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'