Options
2»

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joan and Sue,

I really hope you both are getting rest, rest and more rest?

Leaving ((((( ))))) and a hope you both feel better tin the morning. Love and tea Cris xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Morning Joan and Sue. I hope you both had a good Easter and I hope the shingles is easing off a bit by now. Here, it is sunny but windy today. I find a little sunshine goes a long way towards brightening my day. I hope it's like that where you are too.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,957
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    Thankyou for the kind wishes.
    I would like to know everyone.s thoughts on this.
    I asked my doctor if I was contagious he said only if it was exposed to the air.but my local shopmobility where I get a scooter once a week to go a round the shops have band me saying "they dont want any germs left on the scooters and that I might meet a pregnant woman in the street." and yet my doctor told me I could go to the surgery when I wanted.
    Do I have to wait for it all to go before I can go out.
    Lots of love to everyone.
    Sue.
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Hello again, Sue.

This is something I knew nothing about but I went on the NHS website and this is what they say there.

It is not possible to catch shingles from someone else with the condition. However, it is possible for someone who has never had chickenpox to catch chickenpox from someone with shingles. If you have shingles, you are contagious until the last blister has scabbed over. This will usually occur five to seven days after your symptoms started.

I've missed bits out that didn't seem relevant but those are the important bits. It seems longer than 7 days since you started with it so, hopefully, you'll be OK.
    Steven Wright
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Sorry your have the shingles flower and you just must rest a lot for a bit.

I kinda agree with Sticky in a s much as I was told your only infectious for the first 10 days after you see it has broken out but you can be infectious as you come down with it as well.

Hope your soon a get, lot better. Love and a ((((( ))))) for you and Joan Cris xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,957
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    Thankyou for your kind thoughts and advice
    My friend who is a hairdresser has just been and she cut my hair that always makes me feel better.
    Lots of love and pain free days for everyone.
    Thankyou very much for letting me come on here.
    Sue.
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Sue, it's always lovely to hear from you my lovely, and I hope you are very much on the mend now. I was very upset to read that you have been banned by the Shopmobility people, I hope that this is not a permanent thing and that they will revoke it as soon as you have the all-clear. Oh, I also think your hair looks great! :wink: Take care, (()) to you and (()) to Joan. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Bless you, Sue, you can come on as often as you like. You and Joan are a breath of fresh air. I'm pleased you enjoyed your hairdresser's visit and I hope you'll soon be feeling much better.
    Steven Wright