Goodbye everyone

Options
tonesp
tonesp Member Posts: 844
edited 7. Apr 2012, 09:05 in Community Chit-chat archive
Last time I post here !!! I have encouraged people Done pocket duties and helped as much as I can I have sent Birthday wishes to everybody and have tried to be a good member of this group 72 today Not one good wish from anybody Obviously not worth a minute of anybody's time So Goodbye :cry::cry::cry:

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Tones
    Pleaseee dont go, I for one must apologise for not seeing it was your Birthday...I am so sorry and would hate you to leave xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Oh dear, Tone, I do apologise for not realising it is your birthday, but please don't go. I always enjoy reading your posts about life in sunny Spain, so I really hope that you don't mean it when you say Goodbye.

You are definitely worth many minutes of our time, so in the hopes you will stay, let me wish you a very
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

th_animated_happy_birthday-1.gif

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Tonesp, I’m so sorry but I’d no idea it was your birthday. It doesn’t say so. It specifically says ‘No birthdays today.’ Please don’t leave. You guys are a rare and precious commodity and, besides, it’s us wimmin who are supposed to throw wobblies. I’d certainly have wished you Happy Birthday if I’d known.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • freesia
    freesia Member Posts: 409
    Options
    To Tonesp

Firstly :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....!!

I'm relatively new to this forum, and don't know where to find out birthdays... :(

I don't think I've 'met' you yet, but please don't leave.... maybe a little pause.... but don't leave.....

I get help & inspiration on this forum, and without 'all of the forum members' help and comments, I would really be struggling....

So please stay..... xx
    hugs freesia xxx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Tones
    I know I have posted once on this thread, but I really dont want you to leave, when ever anyone has had or going to have a THR you have posted such positive comments, and been such good support to many.
    If your Birthday had come up at the bottom of the forum we wouldn't have missed it.xx
    I still want to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY,although I know it has been spoiled for you.
    Please stay xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Oh Tony I am so sorry your birthday has been missed!

Birthdays come up on the front page and in very small print and I rely on others to do the spotting and post up.

I'd like to wish you a very Happy Birthday and hope you continue on AC.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Tones

I would have wished you a happy birthday if I had known. If you had your birthday date in your profile I understand it would automatically show up on the said date at the bottom of the page on the birthday list. I often look there and start a birthday thread for someone if I remember their username, even if they have not been on the forum for a good few months, just in case they call in. Did you actually put your birthday date on the birthday thread because I think if it is there it should also turn up on the birthday list at the bottom of the screen.

I am sorry I did not know like others on the forum.

Look after yourself

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • jaja
    jaja Member Posts: 135
    Options
    hola tones..te deseamos un feliz cumpleanos...we all do...

hi tones..we all wish you a ......guess?

JAJA
  • waddle
    waddle Member Posts: 116
    Options
    hello Tones.

i hope you have looked in and seen the replys you have had. i didnt know where the birthday notice was and as others have said its not showing. I am really sorry this has hurt and upset you so, I for one dont think your a wuzz as someone put it for being upset especially as , as you have said you have given so much support to peeps on here which from what i can tell has been very helpful and greatfully recieved. I hope you dont allow this to spoil your day, am i right in saying you are living overseas? im sending you some birthday wishes and hugs and hope you feel able to stay.

take care and i hope to meet you around the boards soon. xxx
    Waddle :)
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    If it's not too late Happy Birthday!

32.gif

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Tonesp? What birthday? It is not listed - I think for it to show you have to put it on your profile OR let your closest arthritic amigos (my apologies, Mod YEH, I believe it's the Spanish for friends) know. I have no idea what the Spanish for 'Happy Birthday' may be (and even if I did I wouldn't post it) but I wish it with all my heart. I'll even buy some Spanish lager to drink to prove it. ((())) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi Tones,
    I'm so sorry you feel so upset, I can assure you if we knew it was your Birthday we would have congratulated you and wished you a very happy Birthday.
    Please consider coming back Tones, you are such a lovely person and a wonderful support to all of us here.
    Sending you a few Birthday hugs and a kiss ((())) X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Happy Birthday Tones,

I do hope you will not leave us.

I x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    sorry i have not been around much lately and have missed it was your birthday please stay val
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Oh Tone did we really miss it?

Your a valued member and as you have said you have encouraged, helped and done pocket duties s it its not too late

h100.gif

and please forgive us or not going through the birthday thread... its too long for my eyes now a days.

Please stay and sorry. Cris xx

Also a

h110.gif From Toni as well she is away on her hols. xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Oh Tones I'm so sorry I missed it, I wasn't on Chit Chat site yesterday so I'm so sorry in saying ' HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONES :D ' so sorry it's a belated one!!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Do hope its not too late.

E :cry:
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I hope you look in Tones cos I am sending you the link to Herman the German Friendship cake recipe. I cannot send you any of the mixture as it would not survive the journey but perhaps you could start the craze, where you live. :D

http://www.hermanthegermanfriendshipcake.com/

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONESP

Sorry tonesp but I didn't know either :oops:

Hope you had a lovely day.

Love Juliepf x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options
    Hi Tonesp.
    please dont go we will miss your kind words.
    i'm sorry i didnot see it was your birthday
    Happy Belated Birthdat
    Tonesp
    I hope You had a Lovely Day.
    take care we care about you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • waddle
    waddle Member Posts: 116
    Options
    I dont know if anyone on here is in touch with tones off of here but if so would it be worth letting him know what happened and ask him to look in. just a thought, proberbly already done by someone , i dont know him so cant do it but would if i could x
    Waddle :)
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options

Many happy returns of the day.
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    oh eck tone i hope you are ok, sorry your birthday was missed, i hope you look in and realise it was not ment and find your way to comming back and seeing how much your support does meen to everyone. you will be missed, you always give out loads of help and advice and im sorry this has happened. take care matey xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I think it’s fairly obvious that quite a lot of people do ‘give a toss’ about tonesp and his birthday. That’s because he has a record of coming on here with helpful, kind or witty posts and I can’t remember him ever giving offence or being controversial.

I assumed that he was simply unaware that birthday threads can only be put up if we have recorded our birthdays so that others can be informed of them. There is much that I, too, am still unaware of on these forums. Longevity is not the same as omniscience.

I would guess that, far from ‘throwing a hissy fit’, tonesp has simply not looked on here, maybe out of sadness, maybe because he has found better things to do. I, for one, very much hope he will return and not be put off by a single unkind post among many warm, encouraging ones.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    Options
    Tones
    I do hope you pop in to see how much you will be missed...and hopefully you will let us know how you are going on.
    Take care xxx
    Love
    Barbara