Goodbye everyone

Options

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I totally agree Sticky, what an unkind attack on someone who is already upset and low, and who thinks he has been forgotten.
    I too wish Tonesp will come back and post, we desperately need more kind and supportive men folk here to balance things up.
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I have reported the posting by Rehab because I feel it is offensive and upsetting and not at all helpful to anyone.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Please note: Rehab, not to be confused with rehab44
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Sticky your comment was well said and I agree with you

Tonesp, I hope you are feeling a little better today and also hope you have popped in to see how many people would miss you if you left.

Take care
    Love Juliepf x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    For someone who has only posted 13 times, Rehab (I've just checked), you seem to have an extraordinary insight into how the forum – allegedly – operates.

What is more important though is that, in just one post, you have managed to insult Joan, rehab44, the previous webmanager and all the mods. That’s in addition to your earlier post insulting tonesp.

I think an earlier thread of yours was about cyber bullying. I suggest you re-read it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello tonesp, I sincerely hope you have looked in to see our messages of good will and support - well, the majority of them are. You are missed when you're not about - but then being busy with the new post-hip life it's understandable why you're not! I wish you and Mrs Tonesp a Happy Easter. DD

PS Well said, Sticky. I couldn't find the words.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • RosieGlow
    RosieGlow Member Posts: 175
    Options
    As a new member, I was just telling my visiting family how glad I was that I had come across this Forum. Now I`m not too sure.

There seems to be a hidden agenda at work, and I am now left feeling rather vulnerable.
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Just finding my feet on the forum and how to post between the different areas ,I love reading the posts past and present and can see you are a kind and generous person ,much liked and valued by the majority of people on here,Tony I would just like to add my belated wishes that you have had a great birthday and looking forward to the Easter break , Pleased come back if you feel able to you are very missed .Marrianne :)
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    RosieGlow wrote:
    As a new member, I was just telling my visiting family how glad I was that I had come across this Forum. Now I`m not too sure.

There seems to be a hidden agenda at work, and I am now left feeling rather vulnerable.
    .Hi Rosie Glow,Please dont worry to much it seems there are enough kind and adult people on here to give balance and help to keep the forum safe for everyone Marrianne :)

[Hi Marrianne,
    Just deleted the extra 2 posts that were the same as this one,
    Moderator (YEH)]
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I can assure you there is no need to feel that way, RosieGlow: I am not sure who this buffoon is but I think it safe to say that he is not offering that much in the way of support. The forum IS about helping those with arthritis, not game-playing which is what your man here appears to be trying to do. DD
  • RosieGlow
    RosieGlow Member Posts: 175
    Options
    Thanks marrianne and dreamdaisy for the reassurances.

Forums are a new experience for me, although sadly arthritis isn`t.

By the way dreamdaisy...I know what you meant, but thankfully he isn`t my man!!.....Rosie.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Aaaaagh! I know I should have phrased that better - conversational English/Irish was completely the wrong choice. :oops: I am very sorry. :oops: DD

PS. My apologies to you too, Tonesp. :oops: I think your thread has been thoroughly hijacked but I hope you can understand why.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Tones I am still hoping you pop in to see how much you are missed...thinking about you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Tones I am still hoping you pop in to see how much you are missed...thinking about you xx

same here barbara x
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Whilst I do not like the posts of Rehab (is he/she peepeepeter in
    disguise?) he does have a point.
    If the originator of this post has thrown a wobble and decided to
    leave the site it is his choice.
    He seems to have received a load of belated good wishes but hasnt
    returned.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Yes.
    Tones started a thread expressing his reasons for leaving the site. I do not class this as a wobble or wobbly.
    Tones may well have logged on to read any replies and if so I feel for him because there was absolutely no need for him to have been attacked in such a horrid manner.

Sadly, on a few occasions recently I have felt ashamed to be associated with this forum. Today is one of them.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I for one will never feel ashamed of being associated with this forum. It has offered me great solace in the past, the present and (knowing arthritis as I do) no doubt the future. Unlike some on here I try to support and encourage and I also have the wit to realise that pain, frustration and sheer distress can lead to posts that the owner may later wish to retract but cannot. The arrogant buffoonery of one individual should not be credited with any measure of influence. Does he shame me or the rest of us? I think not. He shames himself with his words and vituperative attitude. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Sadly, on a few occasions recently I have felt ashamed to be associated with this forum. Today is one of them.

I think that's very harsh, Elna. As DD so very well puts it, this is merely one individual shaming himself. In fact, I believe all other forum members have acted with admirable restraint and I think that says a lot about the quality of individuals on here. I'm proud to be a member.
    Steven Wright
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hope you are doing OK Tonesp and will pop in now and again.

(Unfortunately there are some attention-seeking, jealous people in the world, and one of them has popped up on this site. They are probably inadequate and lonely, but nevertheless but they are not wanted on a good forum like Arthritis Care).
  • waddle
    waddle Member Posts: 116
    Options
    what a sad mess tones i hope you are ok
    Waddle :)
  • elnafinn
    Options
    I reported a posting on here yesterday and another posting on the thread had already been reported later in the day when I tried to do so. A Moderator was looking in last evening so I am surprised that nothing noticeable appears to have been done.

Elna

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi rehab I have removed your posting on Tones as it is unpleasant and unessasary towards a fellow poster. I am sorry i have had to do this i had thought apon reflection you would have removed it yourself so i gave you a days grace before i deleted.
    Regards Moderator for Friday
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Thank you Moderator but what about Rehab's second post on that thread in which he was very insulting to Joan, rehab44, the previous webmanager and all the Mods? To me this is just as bad.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Members of the forum cannot delete/edit their own messages on the forum after a time limit of about 10 - 15 minutes after posting which has presumably be sent up in this way for varous reasons.

Elna

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Sorry all have deleted rehabs inflammatory remarks about members and mods and former web manager,thought i had done it except my appolgies.
    Mod from Friday again