Options
2»

Comments

• elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

You have every reason to be apprehensive I mean its an obstacle course to say the least and London will be busy too, youre lucky if anyone makes eye contact with you there, never mind helpers if needed! I know about gap between carriage and platform...In Romania where my brother worked there was no such things as proper platform it was just a big jump off the train onto the gravel...Different to say the last!
    It is daunting rail travel if you havent done it recently...Plus I dont see many lifts about in these places, are they well hidden?

Good luck if you do go further south...

Elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    I also want to visit my family in Eastbourne but as I haven't been on a train since 2004 I'm apprehensive to say the least. It is the London bit that bothers me....I have steps at my local tube to contend with at the start and would find crossing London a nightmare, especially any escalators.

Remember the gap between platform and the step onto the train can be difficult especially if unsteady on your feet and with hip, knee or foot pain, especially if people are pushing and shoving.

Elizabeth xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    my mum uses the bus as seats always booked and plenty of stops to stretch legs no rush and husle it takes bit longer but she much happier letting the coach take the strain val
    val
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi

Yes sister has mentioned the megagoldbus which has refreshments on board..Still concerned about how steep the steps are mind you...I am a Virgo, born worrirer...

Elainex
    valval wrote:
    my mum uses the bus as seats always booked and plenty of stops to stretch legs no rush and husle it takes bit longer but she much happier letting the coach take the strain val
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi

Yes sister has mentioned the megagoldbus which has refreshments on board..Still concerned about how steep the steps are mind you...I am a Virgo, born worrirer...

Elainex
    valval wrote:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I have been on a coach this year and the steps are definately an issue Elaine. Luckily it was a double decker coach so I was able to sit in the 'posh lower section' when I failed to manage the stairs but most coaches are single deck.

elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hmm

All these obstacles to test me..I wanna take my car but cant afford it!!

Elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    I have been on a coach this year and the steps are definately an issue Elaine. Luckily it was a double decker coach so I was able to sit in the 'posh lower section' when I failed to manage the stairs but most coaches are single deck.

elizabeth x