Pocket duties for Mrs TJT

Options
tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 3. May 2012, 17:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi folks.
I wondered if you would be kind enough to jump in Janet's pocket in the morning.
She's got bursitis in her hip, never had anything like that before and is having the hip injected by the GP.. She's a tough cookie and I know she'll be fine but she's not used to things such as this..
Having spoken to her and described what the hip pain I've had for a few weeks it sounds like I could have similar. I just put it down to deferred pain or arthur. It's tender to the touch though so I'll mention it next time I go.

Today hasn't been great, I found out that my Uncle died today, was told it happened last night but we went to see my Aunty this evening and he had a massive heart attack this afternoon at home, my poor Aunty was trying to save him and shouting for help but there was nobody around.. She's in dreadful shock.. Not surprising though. He was 73 nine days ago. Last saturday was seventeen yrs since my Dad died too... That's the two eldest brothers gone..
Sorry, I'm rambling.. It's been a crap day.
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tony,

I have been thinking of you this evening and so wish life would stop kicking you.

Bless your heat it will have triggered your Dad as well. I wish I could give you both a real hug but a massive shoulder and ((((( ))))) to you both are on their way through the either.

Janet I so hope it will go well and work well for you. You rest up when you get home and get Ra to look after you both.

Got everything crossed and we will all jump in your pocket in the morning.. that me, the Employers and to Tony's horror the lodgers ... we do bring out own hay and e do clean up after we leave.

You take it easy Janet and really hope it will work for you.

Hugs to you both and a huge cuddle for Ra xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    please make sure she stays off it for 24 hours give it time to work will be there for her no prob sorry about uncle and poor auntie ((())) val
    val
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    Options
    Jumping in Janet's pocket before I go to work, hope all goes well xx

So sorry to hear of your loss too, nothing more i can say, but am thinking of you xx
  • barking1
    barking1 Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Jumping in Janet,s pocket xx
    So sad Tony thinking about you and hope your aunt will be alwright it sounds like a very difficult time (((((((( )))))))) xx Jane
  • tjt6768
    Options
    thanks everyone. It is very appreciated...
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • resusjan
    resusjan Member Posts: 290
    Options
    HI Tony,

Sorry to hear about your uncle. I'll be in Janets pocket too, if theres any room left. Us Janets have to stick together you know.

Hope all goes well
    Jan xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Thinking of you and Janet,hope all goes well.(((()))) Mig
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hi Tony,

Best wishes to you and all your family, will be thinking of you all and will be with Janet.
    Take care
    xx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    you're a great bunch...
    Appointment is at ten. Then back fifty five mins later for mi monthly bloods doing.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • freesia
    freesia Member Posts: 409
    Options
    Thinking of you both
    I'll be there for pocket duties..

Hugs
    fressia x
    hugs freesia xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am thinking of you both, very very much. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Annah
    Annah Member Posts: 92
    Options
    Reporting for pocket duty!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tony I will be there for both of you, please tell Janet to rest the hip after I wasn't told any of this, apparently it helps the meds to do there job.
    And I am really sorry to hear about your uncle..life really does throw some cr** at us...here's some hugs for all of you ((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Hi Tony, I'm really sorry to hear about your uncle, that's very sad. I hope your poor Aunt will be ok, lots of cyber hugs to her.

Good luck to Mrs Tony, I'm sure you will be well looked after by Tony but I shall be in your pocket anyway with a nice cuppa for afterwards.

Fols x
  • tjt6768
    Options
    thanks again everyone.
    Janet had the injection, was a tad sore when he hot the right spot.. It's done now, she's going to rest for today, Doc said that should be ok as it wasn't into the joint so should be enough time.
    Really hope it works well as she's been suffering a while with it.

Now I'm heading back there for my bloods done.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Count me in for pocket duties! Anything for Tony & his lovely Janet, And I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you both. Send you both BIG ((HUGS))
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    just squeezed in ............sorry about my muddy boots.Just hope all go es well for your brave girl.......Are you friends with RA? :? :? :?
  • tjt6768
    Options
    thank you Bubba, Marriane..
    We are home now. I'll make sure she rests, I'll be hobbling into the kitchen to prepare done dinner for us both soon...

Marianne, I'm not sure what you meant hun about friends with RA.. could be just me being thick lol..
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Sorry I missed this Tony....been a mad morning. I'm very sorry about your uncle. It must have been a real shock for your aunt.
    Take care and make sure Janet does too. May
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks May..
    Yes, my Aunty was in terrible shock last night still.. She was getting confused over things.. She just kept asking what she was going to do without him.. Heart breaking..
    kellerman wrote:
    Sorry I missed this Tony....been a mad morning. I'm very sorry about your uncle. It must have been a real shock for your aunt.
    Take care and make sure Janet does too. May
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Sorry I missed pocket duties Tony, I'm glad all went well. I hope Mrs TJT is able to rest, and you don't over do it too much, though I expect you will!
    Sorry to hear of your sad loss.
    Wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • tjt6768
    Options
    thanks hun.
    Made us both some food and now we're both resting up.
    Sorry I missed pocket duties Tony, I'm glad all went well. I hope Mrs TJT is able to rest, and you don't over do it too much, though I expect you will!
    Sorry to hear of your sad loss.
    Wishing you well,
    Numpty
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,925
    Options
    Hi Tony and Janet.
    sorry Tony about your uncle. i'm pleased Janet had the
    injection .
    ((((((((Tony Janet Tonys Aunt))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks Joan :wink:
    Janet said that the anesthetic is starting to wear off and it's aching somewhat. She's resting up like a good girl though.. Lol
    As am I, I got run over by the pain drain train again :shock: Had to sleep.. I was out for the count.. I hope Janet hasn't been jumping up and down our doing the conga whilst I slept :?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    Hi Tony,
    Sorry to be late for Janet's pocket duties. I'm glad that it went ok and that it's all over now.
    I am really sorry about your uncle. It must be so hard for your aunt to loose her husband after so many years and also hard for you to loose your dad first and now his brother.
    My thoughts are with you.
    Take care Tony and Janet.
    Love,