Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

I have bought the software

julie47julie47 Posts: 6,142
edited 27. May 2012, 11:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello everybody
I just wanted to tell you that today I have purchased the voice-activated program by Dragon. :-)

I can honestly say that it was easy to set up and I am now sat in my chair with my arms folded not touching the keyboard once :-)

thank you to everyone who responded to my last thread and recommended this program.

Love Juliepf X

Comments

• valvalvalval Posts: 15,897
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    great news so glad it works much better for you val
    val
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 26,327 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh JULIE!!!

That is fabulous :D

I am so very pleased for you :D

Love

Toni xxx
    Love

Toni xxx
  • tjt6768tjt6768 Posts: 12,170
    that is great news Julie..
    Ain't technology brilliant?
    Xxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • migmig Posts: 7,150
    Thats brilliant,so pleased for you. :D Mig
  • julie47julie47 Posts: 6,142
    thanks Val, Tony, Toni and mig

It really is making it easier for me :-) I will admit that sometimes it does type a wrong word, but that could be my accent, and I all so have to wear the headphones under my chin LOL as I can't reach the top of my head to put them on, but hey at least it doesn't mess my hair up LOL.

I did try typing a Microsoft Word document yesterday, but for some reason it wouldn't type on that and opened works instead. I also found that it took quite a bit of time to type on that program. It does seem to work better on this forum and on e-mails.I wondered if it was because I chose the cheaper package and I haven't installed the full Microsoft Word program I only have the starter program that came with the computer.

I am sure with a little more practice me and the Dragon are going to get along fine.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and this lovely weather
    love
    Julie PF X :-)
  • stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,998 ✭✭✭
    I am so pleased it's working well for you, my lovely pink flamingo. It's good when problems can be solved relatively easily.

I expect you'll now be writing a modern day War and Peace - or something equally long :lol:

I do the headphones-under-chin look, too. Do you think we might become fashion icons?
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    Wey-hey! That's wonderful Julie, I am glad it is helping. Many hugs and a smidge of love. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,943 ✭✭
    Good for you Julie..it will make life much easier...I dont have it now, but I must say I couldn't believe how quick it was...dont worry you will get there, and I think that dragon do have an help line x
    Love
    Barbara