Options
2»

Comments

• PatriciaH
    PatriciaH Member Posts: 77
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Cat :)

I haven't 'posted' very much but have been around for about a year. It has been extremely helpful. It is so very hard to come to terms with our pain and disability at times and just reading the posts and 'seeing' the determination and kindness of the others is really motivating.

You will truly help so many Cat with your lovely disposition.

Just a by the way - I lived in Scotland for many years when I was a LOT younger!!! I was in the WRNS and lived in Faslane and Rosyth. Lovely part of the world, Scotland. Very beautiful.

Hope your pain relief has worked for you Cat and you have managed to relax a little today. I have found Oramorph to be about the only thing that has worked for me to dull the pain. I am so grateful for it.

Have you thought about having juices and protein smoothies to help you nutritionally?? They taste so yummy. I have a juicer and smoothie maker and I always feel better after 'feeding' myself with them. Always put the juicer etc back in the cupboard and forget to get it out again though - lol. I love the books by the Ju**ce M@ster (hope that's disguised enough cos not sure if we are allowed to put websites on!!!). Have a google :)

Love Patricia x
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hi Cat, Sorry you are not the best today, chum. Im on tramadol too. Only take them when i really have to cos as you say, they knock you out and with a ten year old and a full time job demanding attention, sleep is not an option! lol. I will defo chase it up if i dont hear soon. Your right, sometimes you have to stamp your feet a bit to get things sorted. Hoping that things move quickly for you too.

7worlds
  • catrocks1982
    catrocks1982 Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi Patricia, Im glad you sent me a post :) i do the same i read about how people are feeling and it does give you a feeling that you are not alone and if i can advize them on anything then i will do that.

Oh really i live in fife too not far from dunfermline :) its a lovely country to live in, beautiful scenery as you say and recently we have been blessed with fantastic weather :) which i also think boosts us when we dont feel 100%. I have that book, and the juicer and blender lol, make smoothies but only sooo many smoothies and soup etc you can have it gets bit boring lol :) not much else i can do so has to be done.

Love and hugs
    Catxx
  • catrocks1982
    catrocks1982 Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Hey 7worlds :) i really have to take tramadol alot, i have thankfully no children at the moment and have had to stop work as i drive trucks for a living :) and was struggling when i lost so much weight and with the pain killers. Its a big heavy thing i drive, they can be dangerous and i didnt want to be responsible for causing an accident.

Keep on at them dont leave it as the pain can really get you down, as you say you have a child and a job to cope with. My hat goes off to you as i cant cope with much right now, but tramadol is the only painkiller that seems to help :)

Hope you hear sooon :) keep me posted
    love and hugs
    Cat xx
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Thanks Cat. Catch up with you soon. xx

7worlds