Bye

zechariah
zechariah Member Posts: 222
edited 5. Jun 2012, 12:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am afraid I must leave the forum, I have thought aout it before when I recieved a reply that was upsetting and now a post apologising for putting a link was removed, I wasnt trying to promote a company just trying to inform people about a crutch that wouldnt cause damage to hands and shoulders like NHS crutches have done to me over the last decade.

I am pushing my body to get ready for a kayak challenge to raise awareness and money for arthritis care and RNLI as I believe (believed) it was a very worthy cause but this petty minded censorship is the last straw!

I hope you all find a solution to your symptoms and that you have a good summer

Zec

Comments

• liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Zec, whats happened? i know of no post but dont pop in as often as i should, i would like to have known more, i wont use my crutches as they hurt my albows wrist and fingers to much, i had a left knee replacement 5 years next month which has failed, now have complex regional pain syndrome, and my right hip is horrrendous a lot of the time...

please dont rush off cos of censorship speak to the mods first and ask why...

it may well have been a 'robot'
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Hi Zec

Sorry i did post a reply but some thing went wrong ?Sorry this has upset you so much , but please do not leave your friends will miss you .

karen fowls
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Dont leave we all need as many "friends as possible" (((()))) Mig
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Hi

Surely a bit of common sense couldve have been made as how many posts do we see with foreign names next to them that clearly are promoting sites nothing to do with arthur? The way ive read it Zec was posting a tip, tried to apologise (though what for I dont know) so im not surprised he has decided to abandon ship...

Come on mods/peeps....Use the noggin youre born with?

Elainex
    zechariah wrote:
    I am afraid I must leave the forum, I have thought aout it before when I recieved a reply that was upsetting and now a post apologising for putting a link was removed, I wasnt trying to promote a company just trying to inform people about a crutch that wouldnt cause damage to hands and shoulders like NHS crutches have done to me over the last decade.

I am pushing my body to get ready for a kayak challenge to raise awareness and money for arthritis care and RNLI as I believe (believed) it was a very worthy cause but this petty minded censorship is the last straw!

Zec
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi i am sorry it has come to this again you can always tell people to pm you if they wish the address it the best way to get around the rule but common sence should be used it was not a hard sale just help that used to be allowed ????
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Zech
    I am so sorry it has come to this, I remember all the pain you was in when you first came on, and how determined you were to get back into that Kayak, I for one think your link should have stayed it was very helpful, this blinking forum has gone mad.
    I do hope you have second thoughts about going, please take care, and I would love to know how you get on with the challenge x
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Zec

I am sorry to read that you are leaving. I am not sure why your link was removed. It was useful information for others and of no financial gain to yourself. We have had quite a bit of banter in the past, you and me. :) I shall miss you, but I know where to find you, so not all is lost, by checking into your blog. :D

Zec's blog link is in his profile for anyone who wishes to keep in touch with him this way.

I wish you all the very best, Zec. You are a good egg.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Oh Zec I hope you read the replies from everyone before you go, and see how much we all don't want you to leave because of the stupid censorship rule! I know I'm interested in knowing more about the kayak challenge and if there's anyway we can see it streamed online or telly and how we can donate to your cause? So please stay !!
  • zechariah
    zechariah Member Posts: 222
    Thank you all for the kind replies, I am still quitting this forum as I find the admin/moderator is just doing "a job" and doesnt show the same passion and kindness that Nila did when she was working for them.

You can still keep up to date with my training, madness and victor meldrew view on life. If you go back to some of the first blogs, you will see that it has been a rough ride but now I find it so funny that I am writing a book about what happened. I was a minister in a church and the Priest was, well shall we say a colourful chap, yep thats a nice way of putting it :lol:

My blog is http://life-love-pain-laughs.blogspot.co.uk/

you can also reach me on twitter zecrich or [Text Deleted]

take care guys
  • elnafinn
    You can find the link that Zec posted on here that was deleted, on his blog. 8) :D

Oh Zec, I have a very strong feeling that your email address will be deleted........ as they are not permitted in messages without prior permission.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • mig
    I am sorry that you are still going to leave. (((()))) Mig
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    What???!!!
  • mig
    They will be warning all of us that reply soon.Mig
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    here we go again del i do hope they do not throw you off again you were missed and are a big part of the forum.
    len behave we need you here as well val
    val
  • elnafinn
    webmanager wrote:
    zechariah wrote:

Zec

Hi Zec
    I am sorry that you were upset by the removal of the link about crutches. We have to tred a very careful line on the forums which is why we have clear rules. It is nothing personal and I am certain your intentions were very well meant. I myself use non NHS crutches to protect my elbows. I hope you will reconsider you decision to leave as you are a valued menber of the forum. I apologise for the upset this has caused you.
    Best wishes with your kayaking challenge this summer!!!

Hi Sharon

I am well aware, as we all are, that there have to be rules for the smooth running of the forum and that the moderators are volunteers. Would it be possible to have a reason why this particular link was deleted when many links posted by other members are left because they are presumably thought to be of help to others. Zec may not post that often but he has, in my opinion, been a valued member of the forum for a long time and quite rightly, again in my opinion, he is annoyed because he was only trying to be of help to others.

I look forward to hearing your views.

Elna

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    For a long time now I have been asking about notifications or lack of them.
    No longer do I get notifications via email when I have ticked a post.
    I have sent pm after pm to them with no luck at all.
    This is why I suppose....they are too busy removing links and warning people to be bothered with a small thing like that.
    What is happening to this place :shock:
    Love
    Hileena.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    And I second what Elna has said...this should be a place where people can post about equipment and aids for the disabled, its good to know when things have been tried and tested by one of our members.
    Good Luck Zec x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Who's Sharon? :? OK, Zec has packed up his tent and gone but surely those who 'know' him will be in touch via other means. My view is that we are merely atoms, each on a unique orbit but every now and again our orbits complement each other in a very pleasant way, hence AC. Right, cat, pigeons, here I come. Maturity is an asset, especially when dealing with something as ephemeral as an internet forum. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    Who Sharon is I dont know.....she comes up as webmanager.....the few times she has pm'd me over the past few weeks about problem I'm having with the site ....Then tonight I got another posts saying "I have been away a lot so please email me" webmanager
    So who is who I do not know and do I care????.....not sure that I do anymore :? :?

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I suspected as much re Sharon. :wink: Strewth - AC have summat wonderful with the forum and I hope they appreciate it, but maybe not. Surely the web-mananger needs to be here on a full-time basis, but, as I understand it, the post of webby is still a part-time role thanks to the cutbacks that AC has undergone. These are tough times on so many fronts. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    well said that man.
    The powers that be should and could handle things rather differently.
    I know there are rules, and yes, we need them. But where is the flexibility, I'm certain none of us have it :roll:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    Why as the crutch post been removed have not the posts about gloves,shoes and the like been removed they still advertise products from various companies ??? Mig
  • RosieGlow
    RosieGlow Member Posts: 175
    "I am not sure what the figures are for newly diagnosed arthritis sufferers (bad word I know would but it must suffice), but they will all be looking for help and advice, no doubt they will seek that here and no doubt they will be confused and concerned like us when the see the way a poster is treated for giving advice on something he knows about."

I`m afraid you have hit the nail on the head Rehab. I was staying with my daughter and her family recently, and met a neighbour of their`s, recently diagnosed. Although fairly new myself, I sang the praises of AC long and loud, and insisted she would find it really helpful, if she joined. She was reluctant, as apparently she has not had good experiences with Forums. I heard from her a couple of days ago, to say that she had joined, but would not be posting as........"it seems a bit too heavy-handed for me". This is so sad isn`t it?.......and I felt a right plonker!!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I’m late coming to this thread so I never saw the post that allegedly broke the rules or the subsequent apology. Reading through it all now, it seems to me that this is an enormous storm in a teacup ie a spot of breathtakingly over-zealous moderating followed by a hissy fit.

If all Zechariah did was to point someone towards some crutches, what’s the harm in that? I do agree that mods must be careful in allowing weblinks and maybe, if in doubt, should err on the side of caution. However, in a recent new thread, someone breezed onto the forum, greeted us all like bosom buddies, asked us to vote for her photograph and breezed out of our lives again. This link was left on. It led to a place where Adidas did not let voters see their Terms of Service. Surely, a well-meaning link from a long-standing member with, as far as I'm aware, no 'previous' is more trustworthy that this stranger’s vote-for-me link?

Having said that, if this had happened to me I hope I would have taken the matter up in a PM to the mods/webmanager rather than flounce off the forum in a manner that was almost guaranteed to start a playground fight.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi Sticky
    Thats if you could get hold of a webmanager!!!!! :shock: Doesnt seem to be much chance of that these days.

As an information volunteer for AC {nothing to do with the forum} I always direct people here and tell them what a good and helpful place it is......the members still are but this telling off, removing harmless links etc is getting beyond a joke.....I'm not really mentioning it now to people. Just pointing them to the booklets and magazines.....I dont feel inclined to send them here any longer. That is such a pity

Love
    Hileena