Bye

Options
2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's easy to complain about those who are doing a job that none nof us fancy that much, 'cos let's face it, if we did we'd all be modding. It's just like being at the docs, the dentist, talking to a teacher etc in that we are at the mercy of someone's opinion. One mod will allow something 'cos they agree with it (the hands thing is a good example of that) someone else will assess a post as advertising and delete accordingly. Flouncing helps no-one, least of all the flouncee.

I still recommend people to here because fundamentally it is a good, kind, informative and supportive place. I warn them about the potential for spats and of course they are bound to happen: we don't know who we are talking too, we don't know the true character of someone, we only know what they choose to tell us. We are without the little tell-tale signs of successful (and unsuccessful) human interaction as facial expressions, tones of voice and body language are all missing. In that sense we are all skating on very thin ice. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    In my opinion Zec did not have a hissy fit and did not do any flouncing.

Tracy was supported (with the photo of her hands) by the NRAS. She is doing good work trying to increase awareness of arthritis. I only wish she had had the support from us that she was getting from NRAS. What does it matter if Adidas T&C's did not work? They hardly wanted much information from the person voting.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Elna, the last thing I want is an argument.

Personally, judging only from what was written, I think both the mods and Zechariah could have dealt with the situation better. Others must judge for themselves.

It does matter to me if I'm denied access to the 'Terms of Service' (I don't even know what it means) under which I'm clicking an internet button and, in that situation, I will not click. Again, others must decide for themselves.

Surely it is possible for us all to disagree amicably and move on? This thing seems to have been blown up out of all proportion.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I am not going to have an argument with anyone. It is not my way. Life is too short. I am giving my opinion on the forum, like you are.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    I don't want to argue either but Zec made a suggestion which may help a lot of forum members with bad hands. Well done to you Zec. Recently a Pizza shop advert was allowed to stay I can't see how that was relevent but that ad. was allowed too stay.

Maybe it is time for the Mods to close this thread.
  • Heather65
    Heather65 Member Posts: 262
    Options
    I came on this forum because i wanted advice and other people to chat to when did it become so complicated ? i look on here every day but you do worry about what you put in fear of being told of ,
    Its meant to be a way of comunicating with each other and helping and supporting when you can ,i will be watching with interest :?
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Heather
    This is one of the things that concerns me......newbies coming on and thinking....do i want to be here???

Love
    Hileena
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    lululu wrote:
    I don't want to argue either but Zec made a suggestion which may help a lot of forum members with bad hands. Well done to you Zec. Recently a Pizza shop advert was allowed to stay I can't see how that was relevent but that ad. was allowed too stay.

Wasn't that for gluten free pizzas? Quite a few members of AC need gluten free diets so this was useful information for some members.
    Apologies if it was a different link you were referring to.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    My sister is gluten free so I do understand However a lot of people would benefit fron not smoking, loosing weight. not drinking the list is endless we can't advertise everything it has to stop somewhere and if I need a agluten free diet I would think it more sensible to look on a specific gluten free site.

On a lighter note I might possibly feel diferent if I liked pizza but I don't.
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hi

Bit of an oversight here as gluten free or dairy free diets cannot be helped the others can be to a certain extent....You sound a bit like a GP but take it this is cos of your dislike of pizzas....And some people dont always know where to look for advice hence asking on here.....

Elainex
    lululu wrote:
    My sister is gluten free so I do understand However a lot of people would benefit fron not smoking, loosing weight. not drinking the list is endless we can't advertise everything it has to stop somewhere and if I need a agluten free diet I would think it more sensible to look on a specific gluten free site.

On a lighter note I might possibly feel diferent if I liked pizza but I don't.
  • zechariah
    zechariah Member Posts: 222
    Options
    I did post a reply to all of this but once again it was removed, that's my point
  • zechariah
    zechariah Member Posts: 222
    Options
    I will try again as apparently it wasnt deleted, it mysteriously vanished!

I thought I should post a reply as my hotmail has been pinging away with arthritis care replies.

I wasnt so annoyed that they had deleted the link, rules are rules and I broke one, I should have put it in a different way, however its apparently not only because it was a link,
    The link was deleted as it was advertising a type of crutch that is not approved by any major UK based organisation and is not offered by the NHS. If someone ordered a crutch, believing it was endorsed by AC and then had an accident Arthritis Care could potentially be sued or held responsible

A bit over the top there but there you go, I was annoyed that my apology and explanation went missing even though i viewed it on the forum after, but apparently mods havent removed any of my posts :roll:

Thankyou "StickyWicket" for the comment, it wasnt a hissy fit but you are entitled to your views.
  • creakyowl
    creakyowl Member Posts: 63
    Options
    I've only just returned to posting after a couple of years away and was totally put off by stuff I saw before. Here it is again. :roll: I think it is a very good point someone has made. What must this seem like to newbies?

Now that you have posted again, please stay! I have always found your comments most readable. Like Rehab and others always say, we need different opinions and styles to make the forum the best it can be. These differences don't necessarily mean we can't all get on.

Well that's my opinion anyway, although it might be shot down!

Creaky