e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sounds like a plan my man, will think of it after football.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    of course.. Kick off soon COME ON ENG-ER-LAND
    mellman01 wrote:
    Sounds like a plan my man, will think of it after football.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    Options
    Oh well Tony at least you can say they are consistant!, a bit like Len bless him!, I hope they sort it out soon and let us know what the outcome is, all this silence is making my tinnitus worse!.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Wimbledon has put me in mind of that former star Lendl. Or, do I mean that forum star LenDel? A truly great doubles partnership. Much missed.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    hear hear. Mig
  • mellman01
    Options
    Ha!, good one!!. :lol:
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    That's it, this has gone on long enough!
    It's time Dell and Rehab came back. I don't care who is responsible, just sort it!
    Chit Chat just isn't the same without them.
    And while we're on the subject, where is Mell? Don't say he's gone AWOL as well.
    Just as something gets good, some A hole has to muck it all up.
    Maybe this should be on the Grump Thread. Oh no, that's not possible is it? Rehab's not here is he?
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi N D yes I'm with you they might be a pair a old b*****s but they do make this forum more fun, love them or hate them they are dynamic I'll give them that.
    Not sure what's going on or not guess we will be the last to know but I like you miss them, we need them and they need us it's this support that makes us stronger and special as a cyber community.
    I feel many people today can be way to quick to judge and condem without taking any other issues into account and boy do we have issues well I do!, chronic long term pain is the king kiddie for me, it also leads to depession or just a feeling of being down all the time, it also makes every day things seem like a route march, I also get really tired but it also has the effect of making me snappy and picky with those around me, my thinking processes are also effected and if I take Tramadol I'm all over the place and find it's better to shut myself away as i tend to cause havoc and then wonder why the hell I said what I did, I turn into a Jekyll and Hyde kind of person and I wonder if this isn't what effects Del and len as well and it's this that makes them act a tad brash from time to time and I wonder if it's this that gets them in deep do do on here. Well that and being middle aged and male!.
    I just hope and prey the managers and MOD's understand this and make allowances for it, I'd hate to think Len and Del are going to suffer for not being allowed to come on here anymore and will simple have to face the world on there own without the support of us all, that kind of thing isn't nice to enfoce or suffer, it's not nice being sent to cyber conventry but that said I'm not going to get into a fight with the managers or MOD's over it.
    I fully understand that they are the ones in charge on here and they have a hard job to do I just hope they can also be fair as well as tough, but that said being magnanimous especially in victory is the sign of true maturity in my mind.
    I find though as a poster I've had to change and be more tollerant as well, I remember I was directly attacked by a female poster on here right out of the blue , it was some time ago but as usual didn’t complain to the managers or MOD’s as some seem to like to do.
    My old habbit would have been to fight back but post site trauma I'd learn't a lesson and I did the exact opposite, I PM'd the MOD's and asked them not to ban the person who was having a pop at me if at all possible, I did so simply because a) I don’t let this type of thing worry me anymore and b) I also understood that this woman might well have serious issues such as pain med’s etc and this might be why she acted as she did, my view was in the end if she kept digging a hole for herself that was her problem and she would be banned under her own actions if she carried on but it wasn't going to be by my finger pointing and complaining behind her back, after all I might have just got up her nose and that’s just how life is sometimes, it’s not a hanging offence in my book stalikng and harrasment are but that is the MOD's job to control and not mine, they have a tough job as their piggy in the middle, I simply ask that they use compassion as much as is possible.
    As for the poster I was happy to simply ignore it all and carry on being me, after the last forum issues I’ve learned that you have to change your mind-set on here if you don’t and keep arguing you’ll just make it a lot worse for yourself and those around you, and in the end if the pain is really bad I now keep away and come back on when my mind is clear and not fogged by pain or Tramadol.
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Wimbledon has put me in mind of that former star Lendl. Or, do I mean that forum star LenDel? A truly great doubles partnership. Much missed.
    is he coaching andy murry now :?:
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    fowls48 wrote:
    is he coaching andy murry now :?:
    Doh ,Taking to many meds , what a twit :lol:
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    I must have missed something too

Last i knew del was banned but was back on shortly after, now the terrible twins have gone, chit chat will just not be the same. They were a right comical pair and certainly lifted my spirits..

Lets hope the door opens again for them again soon and people will not be so temperamental ...
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi Mell,
    yes you are exactly right!
    I was in a lot of pain when I wrote that post. If it seemed a little sharp, I apologise.
    I do however, stand by what I said. I just should have worded it better.
    I hope you are as well as you can be.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi N D gets me every time I post then panic that it might be a tad brash does me head in, same as night working rage, I’d come home after a set of 12 hour nights feeling really good but knackered go to bed get up a few hours later and be like a drunk wasp full of p**s and vinegar, it would then take me a day or two to get over it then I’d be OK, but I've had some really sporty times from being like it I can tell you, one time I even ended up in Abingdon cop shop due to a slight "road rage issue", the crazy thing was It wasn't my fault a bunch of yong lads set about me then I went bug feck right off the bat, I was fuzzy as hell and in no mood for it and wasn't going to back down when I should have, in fact I was off on one big time and was all up for giving them a slap but the wife talked me down, I ended up in the cop shop as she told me I'd best report what they did, never heard anymore from them thank God, I still wonder how close I was to getting into a serious altercation, probably only a gnats chuff.

Now to quote fowles48

Doh ,Taking to many meds , what a twit

Why do you think Frankie Boyle called his highly aggressive stand up show Tramadol nights for then?. :lol:
  • mellman01
    Options
    eh up all has anyone got any news on the situation redarding Len and Del??, I'd just thought I'd ask as it's been a while now.
    To be honest I know Len was a bugger for taking the rise on here but the plain truth is even with all his faults I miss him, Del is also a big loss to me and the site as he's a real sharp cookie on work related legal issues, he helped me out a lot when I first came on here way back in 2008, I don't know what went on but I feel strongly that without him on here people wont be getting the help or advice that could help them.
    I know that the mamagers and MOD's have a duty of care to all those who come on here and I understand their job is a thankless one, I think the core problem here is the new rules have been dificult for some to understand and adjust to and maybe a second chance would be in order if I and others put themselves forward to personally help and mentor them until they have adjusted to things. I'm sure all they need is a little verbal assistance to adjust their mind-set I managed it I'm sure they can to, it's got to be worth a shot hasn't it??.
    As for me I like the new site it took me a while to get my head around it but now I think it's certainly better for it, but that said I feel I've let them and the site down by not noticing what was happening in the first place, I feel guilty that I didn't step in and have a word before they were shown the cyber door. I also worry about their loss and the effect it must be having on them, this site was an integrel part of their live as it is so many others, taking it away from them only enforces their isolation and will make their pain feel worse, OA and RA gives us enough problems as it is and it's probably why they got into trouble in the first place, pain is like water over a stone, it eats into you very slowly but it's a constant problem and can make people act out of chareter and I wonder if it isn't part of the reason they got into trouble in the first place. I just hope they're OK.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    ni idea if they going to be allowed back but do miss them and you are so right about the pain and meds having an affect on us all also the lack of sleep so all in all we have to take care and read everything through twice before we post val
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    I know what you mean Val Tramadol sends me right off on one I get agresive and snappy I know I'm doing it but it's like I can't syop myself so as you say you have to read things a few times before posting but even then I can get it badly wrong, I hate being like it but it's just how it is now, OA is a ****, it takes you down the pain flare road and puts a monkey on your back as you go along it, and at the end there's a turkey waiting for you as well.
    Anway I've said my bit for now, sadly it seems me and thee are the only ones one here who wonder what's going on with them right now.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Mel :)

Del and Len were given many chances over a long period of time, more than some others received. You learned the rules but unfortunately Del and Len did not, could or would not abide by them. I do not know if they would even wish to return but unfortunately there are others who were dismissed who would like to do so as it was their lifeline at times.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi Elna Yeah I guess your right but I live in hope!, the way I see it they were still here until recently so there must have been some reason they were still allowed to post, maybe it was a best of a bad bunch kind of thing but they were still on here "just", and yes the big problem is they didn't adapt but I just wondered if they were given one final shot at we all could try and keep them on the straight and narrow so to speak.
    Mind you it might be like herding cats with Len but on the up side it might be interesting too, I'm sure with enough brow beating by us we could even change Len's habbits, well it might need a catle prod and a bit of time but I'm sure he could be made to comply, that said I think his one main fault was he loved to bait people and I'm sure he didn't know he was doing it half the flippin time it was second nature to him and it was that which caused his downfall, Hoisted by his own Petard how ironic!, anyway why aren't you watching Tennis it's a bit exciting right now!.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I know you miss them Mell and you feel the CC isn't the same without them but look around other people are posting and trying to make the forum interesting - other blokes like you and Colin have a big input and Tony, Ron, Alan etc. and the girls do a good job too.

Maybe Del and Len won't come back and even if they were asked they might not want to as they complained a lot about the restraints put on them in the past.

Every thing's transient and nothing remains the same and maybe there are other characters out there just waiting in the wings to shine their light if they're not already with us.

It could be time to appreciate who we have and not who we're missing.

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • mellman01
    Options
    Yeah your right legs, nothing is forever and as Elna said they are those who have also not come back while others had second chances, bottom line is you have to adapt to new things and some couldn't or didn't understand that, lucky for me I did and actually I like the forum this way no hassle no arguments and if I want an argument I go onto sagazone not that I do that often as to be honest it's madhouse on there it's like some cyber lonatic asylum there are some truly nasty buggers lurking in the shadows so be warned it's a bear pit it's not for the faint hearted.