PET HATES OR DISLIKES

Options
Colin1
Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
edited 12. Jul 2012, 16:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
Mine is anyone being late, someone who says yes ill do it then makes excuses as to why the never.
One thing about the AC forum Every now and and then you get people who write stuff like they are so ill and need help cant cope and all sorts of stuff, after everyone replying trying to be helpful they never appear again.

Whats your pet harte i'm sure i have lots more
Colin
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    oh dear..
    I've way too many lol..

Paddy asked murphy..
    What's your pet hate?

Murphy says
    Well, he's not keen on chicken!
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    My pet hate is people who lack courtesy and manners ; those who walk into you ( happens often to those of us in wheelchairs ) , people who park on pavements so you can't get by , people who push past and slam doors in your face etc etc . Jillyb
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I'm like you Jilly mi dear.. Cannot abide bad manners. And I'm ashamed to say it but this country is full of awful people with no manners, common sense or sensitivity...

One of my all time worst pet hates is 'positive discrimination' :o
    I mean, what the? How can any form of discrimination be positive?
    Utter nonsense....
    Equality should mean just that...

Chavs, hate em..

Chewing gum all over the paths

Litter

Junkies

Bad drivers

Nissan Micras (I'm sorry DD lol)

Wasps

Karaoke

Daytime tv

Magpies

Eamon homes (blood is boiling grrrrrrrrr)

Oh no, Colin, what have you started?

Clingfilm

Cold callers

Automated phone systems

Laurence lllllllwwwwwyyyelllinnn bowen...

Coffee

Devils testicles (of course you know I mean tomatoes)

Horses

Chick flix

I'm sure there will be more......
    :shock: :shock:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • jillyb1
    Options
    Sorry , need to add another ; people who see my wheelchair and assume I use it as I have no brain left ! Hubby and I tend to play up to it now , he tells them not to get too close or pat my head as , " she might bite or lash out ! " Jillyb
  • tjt6768
    Options
    haha... Excellent mi dear... Love it. Do you growl at them too :?: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    People who address me as 'Guy' .................excuse me I'm a girl or hadn't you noticed!!!! I know it's the modern form of being friendly but its an Americanism which drives me bananas ....................... for those of you who use it aim it at anyone else but not me, I'm a girl and proud of it.

I also agree with you Colin about 1-time posters who you try your hardest to help and you never see them again. They don't even have the decency to say thank you, such bad manners. :roll:

The cold. I hate this miserable cold weather we're having at this time of year I'm still in my winter clothes!

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • tjt6768
    Options
    sore hands & elbows so I can't post much :cry:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Wow you guys can reall dislike hope you dont fall out with me
    I probably have lots of hate stuff and just cant think about it at the moment
    I hate HALO and sky diving in the winter.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • jillyb1
    Options
    Another one ! Being addressed as Ms , I'm a very happy Mrs and have been for 35 years . Sorry , Colin , once started the bile keeps flowing ! Jillyb
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    People who call me "Dear"
    Ignorance
    That I can't cut my lawn any more
    Slugs
    Dead flowers
    The practice manager at my GP'S who has got to be the most unpleasant person I have ever met.
    Books with the last chapter missing

Loads more.....just can't think
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    People who address me as 'Guy' ..

Ooops, sorry, Legs. Actually, I don't think I've ever addressed you as 'guy' but, in speech, I'll sometimes say "You guys". It probably comes from having a son over there. I also have a habit (definitely caught from him) of saying "I'm good" when asked how I am. My other son tells me "No, Mum, you're well. It's for others to decided whether or not you're good :lol:

I do dislike 'hun' and 'hon'. I've no idea where they came from. Never heard them used in the US, just 'honey' (pronounced 'huneeee').

And, just to make myself extremely unpopular, I dislike tattoos. I just don't see the point. Occasionally, I think a tiny one looks OK - until the owner grows bigger - but the rest? Nah - apart from the woman who had DNR tattooed on her chest. That makes sense.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Avrielle
    Avrielle Member Posts: 182
    Options
    I have quite a few pet hates, just like anyone, if I were to think about it.

But one of the biggest for me is people working in retail but don't have any clue about retail.

I want to go in to a shop and feel welcome and be treated well. Not get sighs or annoyed grunts or looks when I ask a member of staff for help. Not overhearing conversations between staff about who they had sex with the night before or having a dig about a friend or another member of staff. Keep these conversations away from customers please!
    I don't like being ushered through the till like I'm not supposed to be there. When the shop is busy, I understand the line must be moved along, but there is a fine line between being rude and being over-friendly. I don't want to see folks suck in a queue for half an hour while you chat to your friend. I also don't want to be completely blanked if I ask a question about the reciept or something.

Retail is a big big employment sector and most of the time the people who work there have no idea what retail actually entails, and instead they only think about punching some numbers through a till or stocking a shelf then getting paid. It isn't like that at all, sorry to say.

Having worked in retail and being expected to have a very high standard, to walk in to a shop and be grunted at or be left unserved while someone is on her mobile phone or something, just makes me want to grab them by the scruff and shake sense in to them!

If I had it my way, I would take over a supervising/management job in Home Bargains here, which is the worst of them, and kick that place in to shape. I sometimes have little visions about what I would do differently. I know their Head Office is appalling, but it doesn't mean the shop has to be.

I've always wanted a supervising job in retail. I would be a tough but fair boss, I think. Home Bargains would be a massive challange, but I like challanges!
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • Avrielle
    Options
    I do dislike 'hun' and 'hon'. I've no idea where they came from. Never heard them used in the US, just 'honey' (pronounced 'huneeee').

I use 'hun'. But only in text. I never say it in speech, it feels wrong. (except for very close friends who are having a bad day - "Hey hun, are you ok?")

Apologies for past and in advance for any terms I use in my posts that grind on anyone.

"You Guys" is one I sometimes use too. It doesn't mean I see you all as male, it is just a relaxed speech I use. "You guys want another drink?" or sometimes I'll say "Hey guys and gals" or a favourite I used to use frequently in general chat forums/threads - "Folks and folkettes"
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • Avrielle
    Options
    jillyb1 wrote:
    Another one ! Being addressed as Ms , I'm a very happy Mrs and have been for 35 years . Sorry , Colin , once started the bile keeps flowing ! Jillyb

Yep!

I find some letters address me as Ms... I cannot for the life of me recall a marraige and divorce! I must have been very drunk! :wink:

(who is going to post that duplicate/multiple posters are a pet hate?)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I occasionally use 'hon' (an abbreviation of honey) but never, ever 'hun'. Yuk. And fret not Sticky, I will never address that term to you. :wink:

My pet dislikes? Hmmmm.

Drivers who sit in the middle lane of a motorway.
    Drivers who cannot be bothered to use their handbrake thus blinding me with a bright array of red lights.
    The same drivers who then stall when the light turns green.
    Drivers who forget to use the flashing orange lights that indicate to others what they are planning to do. THEY know, the rest of us don't.
    People who winge and whine and I agree with Colin, those who post, receive answers but never acknowledge them - or only ever post about themselves.
    Negativity.
    The 'guys' thing and the 'Can I get . . . ' thing.
    People who can't be bothered to use the shift key for the word 'I' yet do for other proper nouns.

As for hate, well there's only one: spiders. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I'm deeply mortified :shock:
    I call of of you lovely ladies on here hun... Lol
    It's just a term of affection, I don't mean to offend :shock: :cry::cry: My world is over lol..

And erm, well, tattoos.. The less said the better Mrs Sticky lol.
    It's not just the middle lane on motorways that the hoggers annoy me.. Then sat oblivious in the outside lane of dual carriageways, hate em..
    IT'S AN OVERTAKING LANE, IF YOU'RE NOT OVERTAKING THEN MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!!
    GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR

Oh boy, the spleen is off again. Haha
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Tony, you have a special dispensation both with the 'hun' and the tattoos - though why 'hun' when you come from a county that calls everyone 'love'. Oh I get it. I know our blokes traditionally get ribbed for calling non-Yorkshire blokes 'love'.

DD, I will never call you 'guy', love.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Options
    thank you Sticky.. Once again I'm SPECIAL lol

I always do call people luv. On here though I thought people would prefer hun.. Silly me haha..
    :lol:

I also say ey up chuck :shock: :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    I also say ey up chuck :shock: :D

I'm pretty sure 'chuck' is Liverpudlean. You're in deep waters here, Tony :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Options
    it's ok. I can swim haha...
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I occasionally use 'hon' (an abbreviation of honey) but never, ever 'hun'. Yuk. And fret not Sticky, I will never address that term to you. :wink:

My pet dislikes? Hmmmm.

Drivers who sit in the middle lane of a motorway.
    Drivers who cannot be bothered to use their handbrake thus blinding me with a bright array of red lights.
    The same drivers who then stall when the light turns green.
    Drivers who forget to use the flashing orange lights that indicate to others what they are planning to do. THEY know, the rest of us don't.
    People who winge and whine and I agree with Colin, those who post, receive answers but never acknowledge them - or only ever post about themselves.
    Negativity.
    The 'guys' thing and the 'Can I get . . . ' thing.
    People who can't be bothered to use the shift key for the word 'I' yet do for other proper nouns.

As for hate, well there's only one: spiders. DD
    Sorry DD some of those are my faults not the driving ones :oops:
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    I Hate having to pick food out of the plughole in the sink .
    I have lots more but cannot remember them :lol: :roll:
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Oh yes...not using indicaters. I followed a man once from one town to another and he must have thought I was a mind reader.
    The cashier in my bank who tries to tell me what I should do with my own money....I think she gets brownie points.
    The people in the south east who think I'm from Liverpool

Loads of ads when I'm actually watching something I want to watch on Tv.
    People who go out of their way to walk into you as if you weren't there.

People who stand chatting in a shop doorway when your trying to get out.

I'm writing this and thinking I must be a very intolerant person.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Fowls, the plughole thing is easily sorted - insert a sink strainer. OK, you have to be there clearing the draining water with a teaspoon or summat to help it drain away but the 'solids' are left and easily cleared. I've always used one to ensure that Mr DD doesn't have to clear a blocked sink. As for the shift thing I phrased it badly. What I should have put was:

I dislike the habit of not using the shift key for 'I' but using it for other proper and Common nouns.

Right, another dislike. Needing the lights on at 9am in JULY. :x DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I have to own up to not always using the shift key for i.......usually because I'm holding a cup of tea or a piece of toastand can't be bothered to put it down.

E :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein