Sickest Film Ever - Im Traumatised!

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 10. Jul 2012, 08:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi!

In hairdressers this week they said about daft films and one came up, I thought it was a monsters type film - The Human Centipede....
OMG!! Saw it on SyFy last night and couldnt believe my eyes! A surgeon kidnaps three people and operates on them to become a centipede and I wont say the detials but it is awful, was haunted by it all night...Why on earth would an actor take on that role?

Elainex

Comments

• rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I agree, I saw that too. Disgusting. But.... I read that it has such a cult following that they've now made a sequel. Needless to say, that one I'll steer well clear of.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    OK I give in. I have to ask the question. Why did you watch it? :o
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Well I wont be watching it..or will I...now you have got me wondering.. :?
    Love
    Barbara
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    99 Clump
    Sorry why did you not turn the telly off i dont watch that type of stuff i like family movies like ET
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Rondetto

Has it? How weird that's how serial killers get ideas isnt it?

elainex
    rondetto wrote:
    I agree, I saw that too. Disgusting. But.... I read that it has such a cult following that they've now made a sequel. Needless to say, that one I'll steer well clear of.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    SW

Think it was shock, was expecting something like The Fly or something but couldnt believe my eyes....

elainex
    OK I give in. I have to ask the question. Why did you watch it? :o
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Barbara

No dont watch it please, its beyond twisted...Only watched half hour of Saw ones and they are tame compared to this....

Elainex
    barbara12 wrote:
    Well I wont be watching it..or will I...now you have got me wondering.. :?
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Colin

The lasses in the hairdressers have kids so I didnt think it was as sick as it was...They were laughing so I thought it was kind of spoof ir something science fiction but not as severe as it was....Should be banned!

Elainex
    Colin1 wrote:
    99 Clump
    Sorry why did you not turn the telly off i dont watch that type of stuff i like family movies like ET
    Colin
  • creakyowl
    creakyowl Member Posts: 63
    Options
    My children have watched it so know what it is about, even though I haven't watched it myself and nor would I want to. I hasten to add they are adult, just about!

I have wondered the same question. Why does anyone make films like this? I think the answer is because they make money and frankly young people are so de-sensitised by all this filth that they don't have that much judgment anymore.

Our society is getting to the point where nothing is taboo nowadays. I'm sad about that. My children just say it's my age!

creaky
  • Avrielle
    Avrielle Member Posts: 182
    Options
    Oh dear... How did I know it would be about the Human Centapede.

Yep. It's a sickening film. I have a reasonably tough stomach when it comes to film after having a phase of japanese horror fascination and also seen some pretty nasty gore films.

But this film is entirely different. It's scary and horrible to watch because it is something that could actually happen in real life. It's not so much gore as it is well done. The acting is good and the concept is something so horrific that the most twisted horror fanatic couldn't think up. Also, the way it is done is twisted up. It is a *real* film. Normally, the most stomach churning and gore films are done in such a way that it tells you right away that "Yeah, it's bloody and disguisting, but we can get away with it by making it so it is classified as a B-movie."

Normally these dark films are set in very dark settings. Dimmed camera lights and colour filters. Using the art of suggestion at the most disturbing parts.

With the Human Centipede, it is made even more disturbing by the fact that it has not been blanded by being a B-movie. It is all done in crisp white, surgical lighting. Nothing is really left to the imagination (except what is under the bandages, but we all know exactly what it is). You can almost feel the pain while watching it!

Some of you are asking "Why watch it? Why not switch it off?"

The fact is that it is a film that intrigues you. It pulls you in and you cannot help but watch it. When I watched it, I was actually caught up between going to the bathroom to be sick, and sit tight and watch it all the way through. I knew if I threw up I would probably be unable to see the end, so I supressed the conflict and watched it all the way through. I'm glad I did because it is just one amazing film. One that has to be watched, just once, to say that you have watched it! I know I probably wont be able to watch it again. I couldn't breathe through my nose for a week afterwards without feeling sick.

However, despite that, it is worth a watch. However, if you are the type to feel squeemish watching regular zombie film, then I would not recommend it for the benefit for your stomach and sanity!

I must admit that it is a shame that people get so sickened by it that they cannot get there head past it to see just how amazing the film has been made. Lets face it, you would probably not be at all as sickened if it was made like just another horror film. Luckily, my partner is unphased by very little, and after watching it (and after I was able to speak again) we weee actually able to have an in-depth discussion about the film as a film. I wont let him put it on again though!
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Poor you! My Oldest Son has just told me about a film called the human centipede and says it is a bit horrible from what he has been told!

Must admit I bought the Disney Christmas Carol dvd and my Son was traumatised!
    When I mentioned to his teacher she said her she and her children had walked out of the cinema it was so upsetting.
    Thank you Mr Disney.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Creaky

Oh heck how old are the kids? I couldnt sleep after watching it, really made an impression on me..
    I dont think its your age at all some things are plain weird n twisted!

Elainex
    creakyowl wrote:
    My children have watched it so know what it is about, even though I haven't watched it myself and nor would I want to. I hasten to add they are adult, just about!

I have wondered the same question. Why does anyone make films like this? I think the answer is because they make money and frankly young people are so de-sensitised by all this filth that they don't have that much judgment anymore.

Our society is getting to the point where nothing is taboo nowadays. I'm sad about that. My children just say it's my age!

creaky
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Avrielle

I get totally what youre saying, something compelled me to keep watching but in my mind i was thinking "who thinks up these stories"...Would a surgeon actually think about this...The thing that got me was the digestive system, couldnt get my head round it and didnt know he had severed the tendons on thier knees so they couldnt stand up....
    The actors in it, well they were brave to do so and one (the middle one) reminded me of Kate Middleton for some reason!Apparently there is a sequel but wont watch it oh no!!

Elainex
    Avrielle wrote:
    Oh dear... How did I know it would be about the Human Centapede.

Yep. It's a sickening film. I have a reasonably tough stomach when it comes to film after having a phase of japanese horror fascination and also seen some pretty nasty gore films.

But this film is entirely different. It's scary and horrible to watch because it is something that could actually happen in real life. It's not so much gore as it is well done. The acting is good and the concept is something so horrific that the most twisted horror fanatic couldn't think up. Also, the way it is done is twisted up. It is a *real* film. Normally, the most stomach churning and gore films are done in such a way that it tells you right away that "Yeah, it's bloody and disguisting, but we can get away with it by making it so it is classified as a B-movie."

Normally these dark films are set in very dark settings. Dimmed camera lights and colour filters. Using the art of suggestion at the most disturbing parts.

With the Human Centipede, it is made even more disturbing by the fact that it has not been blanded by being a B-movie. It is all done in crisp white, surgical lighting. Nothing is really left to the imagination (except what is under the bandages, but we all know exactly what it is). You can almost feel the pain while watching it!

Some of you are asking "Why watch it? Why not switch it off?"

The fact is that it is a film that intrigues you. It pulls you in and you cannot help but watch it. When I watched it, I was actually caught up between going to the bathroom to be sick, and sit tight and watch it all the way through. I knew if I threw up I would probably be unable to see the end, so I supressed the conflict and watched it all the way through. I'm glad I did because it is just one amazing film. One that has to be watched, just once, to say that you have watched it! I know I probably wont be able to watch it again. I couldn't breathe through my nose for a week afterwards without feeling sick.

However, despite that, it is worth a watch. However, if you are the type to feel squeemish watching regular zombie film, then I would not recommend it for the benefit for your stomach and sanity!

I must admit that it is a shame that people get so sickened by it that they cannot get there head past it to see just how amazing the film has been made. Lets face it, you would probably not be at all as sickened if it was made like just another horror film. Luckily, my partner is unphased by very little, and after watching it (and after I was able to speak again) we weee actually able to have an in-depth discussion about the film as a film. I wont let him put it on again though!
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Elizabeth

Whatever you imagine it is, it aint! I couldnt believe my eyes but was compelled in strange way!
    The Christmas Carol traumatised your son, well guess it is scary in some ways with looking back and forward at life...I like the Muppets version!
    Disney aint what it used to be!

Elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    Poor you! My Oldest Son has just told me about a film called the human centipede and says it is a bit horrible from what he has been told!

Must admit I bought the Disney Christmas Carol dvd and my Son was traumatised!
    When I mentioned to his teacher she said her she and her children had walked out of the cinema it was so upsetting.
    Thank you Mr Disney.

Elizabeth x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I was expecting a nice Disney special effects film. Parts of it terrified my boy so much he cried and threw the disc away.

Very interesting post Avrielle. I do think you have to watch it to be able to comment on it. I , however, know I would not be able to get the images out of my head so very glad of the pre warning.

Elizabeth :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Avrielle
    Options
    The digestive system thing is horrible. But it is technically possible. That is what makes it so disturbing.

Disney certainly ain't what it used to be, thats for sure! Anyone seen a South Park Episode with Disneys Jonahs Brothers? Very funny, but also very true!

I hear people my age telling me how their parents always shut off the brilliant Disney's Fantasia before the last act "Night on Bald Mountain" which was probably the best part ever! I love the music, and I love the interperated animation too with the demon raising the dead. I was actually quite suprised that so many parents shielded their children from it! I loved that part as a kid.

Same as parents switching off Bambi and telling them "Oh, the mother is fine." And same with so many children being upset when Muffassa dies in The Lion King. Ok, I was upset a little with the Lion King, but I wasn't traumatised! Death is a natural thing in the world and children should never be shielded from it, or else they will never know. However, when I was a small child I used to watch my gran chop heads of chickens so they were on our table for dinner. This is a natural thing!

But Disney are trying to keep up with the times and it often means they are putting in mild sexual suggestions and some disturbing things. And the fact there are no true animations anymore and a lot of their films are done with real life filming etc, it can make things seem a little more disturbing for young children, because they may see it as being more "real" than if the same thing was done with animation.

But on the other hand, how much racism was in Disney back in the day? Back when it was socially acceptable. The difference between then and now is that racism was something that the majority thought little about. But these days they have got it in their heads that it is socially acceptable to claim that Thor, the mighty Norse god, is a fictional character found in story books. (I'm livid about that!)

I'm rambling and making little sense today. Apologies.
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi!

In hairdressers this week they said about daft films and one came up, I thought it was a monsters type film - The Human Centipede....
    OMG!! Saw it on SyFy last night and couldnt believe my eyes! A surgeon kidnaps three people and operates on them to become a centipede and I wont say the detials but it is awful, was haunted by it all night...Why on earth would an actor take on that role?

Elainex

mmmmmm! Right must put that on my list to watch! I love horror films the sickest the better! Will put the name on my memo pad so I remember!! :D
  • Avrielle
    Options
    There is a sequel out apparently. But I haven't checked it out to see if it has past the censors.

Since the original is called the Human Centipede, first sequence. I would imagine that it is supposed to be a trilogy. First sequence, Second sequence, Third sequence.

But it boils down to whether it passes regulators or not. I think I heard that the second film was banned in most of the States... Don't know if it has made it here or not though.
  • freesia
    freesia Member Posts: 409
    Options
    O dear.... I've seen it too & it's gross....
    BUT...
    My husband bought the last in the series of The SAW films in 3d.... OMG...
    I was screaming - looking back it's quite funny, but in 3d made me really jump....!!
    hugs freesia xxx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Bubba

Its not scary its sick and not right in the head, honest id advise not to watch it, it gave me headache all night after watching it....Brave actors to take on the role..

Elainex
    bubbadog wrote:
    Hi!

Elainex

mmmmmm! Right must put that on my list to watch! I love horror films the sickest the better! Will put the name on my memo pad so I remember!! :D
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Fresia

I thought Saw was bad but this surpassed my expectations even Texas Chainsaw Massacre it like toddlers tales...

Elainex
    freesia wrote:
    O dear.... I've seen it too & it's gross....
    BUT...
    My husband bought the last in the series of The SAW films in 3d.... OMG...
    I was screaming - looking back it's quite funny, but in 3d made me really jump....!!
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    The digestive thing couldnt get head round....they share one but first one can function, second has to digest but didnt get third...URGH!!!
    I know Disney had lots of not PC things earlier but the whole world was differnent...Watership Down upset me when was wee"

Elainex
    Avrielle wrote:
    The digestive system thing is horrible. But it is technically possible. That is what makes it so disturbing.

Disney certainly ain't what it used to be, thats for sure! Anyone seen a South Park Episode with Disneys Jonahs Brothers? Very funny, but also very true!

I hear people my age telling me how their parents always shut off the brilliant Disney's Fantasia before the last act "Night on Bald Mountain" which was probably the best part ever! I love the music, and I love the interperated animation too with the demon raising the dead. I was actually quite suprised that so many parents shielded their children from it! I loved that part as a kid.

Same as parents switching off Bambi and telling them "Oh, the mother is fine." And same with so many children being upset when Muffassa dies in The Lion King. Ok, I was upset a little with the Lion King, but I wasn't traumatised! Death is a natural thing in the world and children should never be shielded from it, or else they will never know. However, when I was a small child I used to watch my gran chop heads of chickens so they were on our table for dinner. This is a natural thing!

But Disney are trying to keep up with the times and it often means they are putting in mild sexual suggestions and some disturbing things. And the fact there are no true animations anymore and a lot of their films are done with real life filming etc, it can make things seem a little more disturbing for young children, because they may see it as being more "real" than if the same thing was done with animation.

But on the other hand, how much racism was in Disney back in the day? Back when it was socially acceptable. The difference between then and now is that racism was something that the majority thought little about. But these days they have got it in their heads that it is socially acceptable to claim that Thor, the mighty Norse god, is a fictional character found in story books. (I'm livid about that!)

I'm rambling and making little sense today. Apologies.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Think it is banned but still availble through certain avenues....

Elainex

Avrielle wrote:
    There is a sequel out apparently. But I haven't checked it out to see if it has past the censors.

Since the original is called the Human Centipede, first sequence. I would imagine that it is supposed to be a trilogy. First sequence, Second sequence, Third sequence.

But it boils down to whether it passes regulators or not. I think I heard that the second film was banned in most of the States... Don't know if it has made it here or not though.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Elizabeth

Thats bad you see aint it when Disney does that to kids? Good on your son throwing it away and you complaining....
    Re Avrielle's comments yes it is a pre warning very much needed, i had images in my head all sunday am!

Elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    I was expecting a nice Disney special effects film. Parts of it terrified my boy so much he cried and threw the disc away.

Very interesting post Avrielle. I do think you have to watch it to be able to comment on it. I , however, know I would not be able to get the images out of my head so very glad of the pre warning.

Elizabeth :D
  • Avrielle
    Options
    Basically, some nutrients are still obtainable from feaces. Being put on a particular diet that provides enough nutrition to survive, but enough to pass through as well. So the second will obtain a small amount of nutrient too. By the time it reaches the third, there will be traces left for the body to obtain, but unfortunately not enough to survive, which is why the third was the first to weaken.

That is why I say it is so disturbing because it is so plausable!