Any one taking Cimzia??

Options
kathe
kathe Member Posts: 183
edited 1. Sep 2012, 00:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
I`m starting Cimzia in about 2 weeks, any one taking that??
Take enbrel now but that not help mee, so hop that Cimzia helps me...

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kathe
    Sorry I cant offer any help, but hopefully someone will be along very soon that can.
    I do wish you well with it, and please let us know how you get on with it xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • kathe
    Options
    Thank you , hope there are any one out there taking cimzia...:)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Just bumping this up, kathe, in the hope that someone on cimzia will see it. I know Jenzie06 is on it but she doesn’t post often.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kathe
    Options
    Is there not anyone that are taking Cimzia?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    There are people Kathe

I can think of one in particular, buit she is not posting at the mo (maybe it's that good she is well :) ) If i get a mo I will text her.

I personally wish you all the very very best on it.

Love

Toni xxx
  • kathe
    Options
    Thank you;)
  • kathe
    Options
    Starting cimzia on wednesday. Have been a week whit out enbrel then. Not feeling that well so hope that cimzia work. So hard to sleep and so.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Kathe

If you go to Search at the top of the page and type in Cimzia you will find some older postings on this med. It does take some patience to glance through the postings but if you have some spare time, it may help you a little to read about some other people's thoughts on it.

I do hope that when you start the Cimzia on Wednesday it kicks in soon and works for you.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    Options
    Hello Kathe,

I took Cimzia for 18 months and thought it was jolly good :)

However my Rheumy decided to take me off it as he thought I "could do better" and prescribed Enbrel instead :lol:

I guess it's all a case of horses for courses but I was always happy with the results I had from the Cimzia. Having had RA for 34 years and being 67 I don't expect miraculous results from any medication; save and except for my beloved Gold injections which sent the RA into remission for quite a time. Sadly once you come off the Gold it can't be resumed. It's all to do with one's body producing antibodies to it apparently.

You go girl, I'm sure you'll have very positive results from the Cimzia.

Very best wishes for great results

Cherry ()
  • kathe
    Options
    Thank you.
    I have read some older post.
    I took enbrel before but after one year now it stopt working four mee.
    So because of that I m going to take cimzia. I also take methotrexae injetions, pain meds, nasids, and so. . But really struggling whit the side effects. So dont like that at all. Hope all goes better when I start cimzia, because I don't sleep more then a few hour at a time and thatsnot good. Wich four a hol night of sleep.
  • kimbo69
    kimbo69 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    hey kathe I just had my first 2 injections today hoping it does wonders for me , will keep you posted on how it goes and if there are anyside effects , the weirdest thing was putting a needle into your self but im sure il over come that if it makes me feel brand new ,been on too many drugs to mention and the some of the side effects were just not worth it as it just gives you something else to worry about
    kind regard kimbo
  • kathe
    Options
    So great to hear that someone is going to take cimzia to.Hope that it works four bout of us. As you say been on to many drugs. And thats so true.
    I feelt like you the first time putting a needel in my hand, But now it is a part of what I do. I take methotrexate injetions, and now starting cimza. Really have high hopes four cimzia. It is less injetions than enbrel to, so if it works It it going to bee mutch easyer . Only one injetions of cimzia every 2 weeks. Whit enbrel I took 2 injetions every week.
    But so tired and getting so littel sleep, så really hope that cimzia will work, so tired of this. Wondering if it is the prednisolon giving me such a hard time sleeping
  • kimbo69
    Options
    right today i feel fantastic alot more flexible im having high hope for this, only injected it yesterday which was 2 doses of cimzia into my stomach for the first 3 times and then after that it will just be 1 injection every two weeks, but god im on a mission today :D actaully got dressed and made an effort with my my appearance which is a big change ,The nurse came to my house to make sure l did it properly and said 2 out of 10 people feel the effects the next day but it normaly takes 2 weeks to get the best out of it ,l have rheumatoid arthritis in most joints & also osteo arthritis in my spine and neck , they are not sure if it will make my osteo much better but should make a huge improvement to the rheum , l know the sleeping is the worst and all the drugs just make you feel like a space cadet which i cannt take as i drive for a living l still have to take diclofenac 75mg and sulfasalazine 500mg for another 3 months but hopefully that will stop once the cimzia is right into my system along with pain killers dihydrocd which l take only when i cannt bare it as they are highly addictive
  • kathe
    Options
    Thats good news. Good to har that the cimzia is helping you.
    Hopes it works as well four me as it did four you.
    Going to take my first to injetions tomorrow.
  • kathe
    Options
    Started cimzia to day, with 2 injetions..
    hurt when injetions them, but hopes them help.
  • kimbo69
    Options
    yes they do sting fingers crossed they work for you ,im not so good today cannt understand as l was fab the day after but really stiff but will give it the 3 months and see ,keep me posted to how your getting on xx
  • kathe
    Options
    Have youst taken the 2 cimzia injetions on wednesday, got a (rasch ) or a white spot where I took them.My artherist is still getting worse, been of enbrel four almost 2 weeks now and have found out that the enbrel most had some effect because now I 'm back in pain hell..but have to cimzia a time to work. .But hopfully the effect comes soon.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    A rash on the site of an injection is a known side-effect, if it doesn't clear then I think you should contact your doctor. Also remember to use a good quality sunscreen as your skin may be more photosensitive than before. I hope you are feeling OK though, keep up with the pain relief, Kathe, to help ease the pain pangs. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kathe
    Options
    Yes..look like the rash is bettter now. Had som rashes whit enbrel too.
    Henging in there whit pain meds but it serms like the artherist is getting worse.but hopfully cimzia will turn that around.. Wondering if I shall talk too my doctor on monday so I can take a higher dose of prednisolon intil the cimzia starts working. Because the dose I m on now are not helping that mutch.
  • kimbo69
    Options
    hey Kathe my doctor gave me a steriod the week before i took my first 2 injections so maybe this is taken effect as well ,hope it starts working for you soon
  • s10stv
    s10stv Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Started taking Cimzia few weeks ago am going to be taking my last loading dose this Friday then ne injection every two weeks ater that. I think it is kicking in am def feeling better and am much more able the pain has subsided dramatically to my relief . The first thing i asked my family , If they had noticed any difference they said how much happier i am which is good for them too. I have been like Victor Meldrew for years and i forget that Ra has an effect on the family as well as myself . Just to be able to walk the dogs is a relief , and i am sleeping so much better and not falling asleep in the afternoons If this is the beginning of a new journey then i am looking forward to travelling it.One of the strangest reactions i have had is anger at not having access to this years ago and all the suffering thats entailed , then i think of all the people who don,t get this maybe because they score under or there pct is a naff one it shouldn,t be like this. No adverse reactions so far apart from an upset tum but i,m sure it will settle down just as it does with the other drugs. Good luck to anyone about to start taking Cimzia
  • kathe
    Options
    So great to hear, hopes it work as well four me as it did four you. SO HAPPY FOUR YOU. Really I am. Havent had any effect yet, still getting more pain and my knee an legs are no good. Have trouble slepping and so. Not having a great time now.
    Have got worse after stopping enbrel, But have youst taken2 cimzia injetions 1 time so have still hope that is work. . But realice that enbrel most have had an effect , but enbrel had best effect the first months but not so good effect after that. But it mosth ave had a littel effect. Because I youst getting sicker whit out it.
    I know that feeling , I was lucky getting enbrel last year after beeing really sick four 5 -6months . But know that not everybody are that lucky .

Maybe it is the injetion you doctor gave you are maybe it is the cimzia, great to know that somebody is getting totrue the same thing. Ceep mee posted.
  • TwinMum10
    TwinMum10 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi !

I've been on Cimzia for just over a year and have to say it is the only thing which has made a real improvement. Joints much better. Wearing rings on my fingers which haven't made it on for years.

Good luck and fingers crossed.
  • kathe
    Options
    Thank you, thats good that cimzia has helpt you..
    Hope four the best..
    Called my doctor yesterday and going to take a higher dose of prednisolon intil the cimzia start working...Not happy whit that but it help whit the pain..
  • kathe
    Options
    kimbo69 wrote:
    hey Kathe my doctor gave me a steriod the week before i took my first 2 injections so maybe this is taken effect as well ,hope it starts working for you soon

Have you expericed som effect from the cimzia yet?
    I have not.