colins dad

Options
124»

Comments

• marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Collin,Hope you and your family get well again ,just love each other and remember your friends old and new are thinking about you all ,Marrianne
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Still thinking about you Colin i am sorry you are having such a terrible time with your health and worrying about family with health problems,all this on top of your dad dying.I pray that you and family will feel better soon and that some good things come along you have certainly had a rough time.x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've been thinking of you over the past few days and honestly don't know what to say, so I won't even try. Just take the best care you can of you and Mrs C, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Thank you all for your kindness I hardly know how to thank you all for your kind words and support.
    Dads funeral went off well and thanks to my sisters he had a send off that will be remembered for years to come round these parts. Darren is out of intensive care but will be in Hospital for a long time as he needs to have a leg and arm reconstructed. He has come through the worse and gets stronger every day. My daughter is also out of hospital though she is not well “ you all know what its like coping with long term illness.
    Sadly I’m home but now waiting for a bed in The Sheffield Pulmonary Vascular Diseases Unit at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital. Seems I have a problem with the left side of my heart and its not getting enough blood to my lungs I don’t know what else to say I don’t think I have ever been this scared and I have had so many operations. I think its because I will be so far from home Mrs C and the Kids Anyway they are the leading experts in the country so I’m hopeful of a good outcome. I’m now on oxygen and toting a bottle of oxygen round wherever I go. I’m limited to what I can do and there’s naff all I can do about it. To think last year I was going to the gym now I struggle to put my clothes on or get a shower, Life can be so cruel at times poor Mrs C, I hate being dependent and I hate putting her through this “ good job she loves me “ good job I have her
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Colin, I know we messaged a few times back and fourth, but what I want to say your a brave man, a caring husband and a sweet friend. I know being along way from home and family is frightening (I've been there, living in Redditch had to go to the John Radcliffe in Oxford!) but you will have us all in your pockets so wear deep ones!
    Sounds like your Dad's Funneral went very well, Glad your nephew is out of Intensive Care and is getting stronger by the day (know where he gets his strength from! :wink: ) Also that your daughter is out of hospital though still not well.
    As for you my dear friend, I pray you get a bed at the Hallamshire hospital soon so they can fix your heart and get it working as it should. And your family will have you back. I send you a gentle ((HUG)) Colin and send my love to Mrs C and your family. Take care my friend.x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Colin, I totally agree with Bubba that you are a very caring and brave man. You have always kept up your spirits and retained a wonderful sense of humour, no matter what life has thrown at you. I have always admired your fighting spirit and your Liverpudlian sense of humour, and you are always so kind and supportive to others.

Now it's our turn to try to support you through this very difficult time with your health. The Royal Hallamshire Hospital in Sheffield has an excellent reputation, and as you said, they are the leading experts in the country, so you will be in the best possible hands. I'm sure that this knowledge will be of comfort to you, Mrs.C, and all your family. However, I realise how scary it must be for you to face an operation so far away from home. You have so many friends on here, and we will all be thinking about you and hoping for the best possible outcome for you.

I'm glad that your Dad's funeral went well, and also that your daughter and Darren are both making progress. You have had so much to cope with recently in addition to your own health problems.

I send you my love and a supportive hug

hugforfriend.jpg

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey Colin. You really have been through the wars lately. No wonder you are scared, but i know you will find the strength to deal with whatever will come your way.Am sending you the best of wishes across the Irish sea.

7Worlds
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I'm glad your daughter and nephew have improved and hope they continue to do so. It sounds as if you've still got a way to go so sending you some (((hugs))) and spoons to help you along. Take care and allow others to help.
    Christine
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    collin the hospital is great was there the other week with dad (head tuma) but the whole staff are great pm if you want a visit while there as can get accross on train and bus not to far from me ((())) val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Colin bubba is right...you are so brave..I know we probably dont know the half of it, we are all here for you and your lovely wife...I will be thinking about you , and hope they dont keep you in long.
    Take care ((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara