Suzygirl

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 1. Oct 2012, 12:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Poor Suzy has been in hospital over the week-end (and currently she's still there). Her kidney infection turned nasty so she found herself confined to bed by various wires and strings, all doing something important but I don't know what. She has had scans plus an MRI and she's hoping to come out today. She contacted me over the week-end when I wasn't able to get on here, and she's just given me permission to let you all know her circumstances.

Get better quickly, Suzy, I look forward to seeing your name on here again very soon. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I’m so sorry this has happened. No wonder you were in so much pain. I hope the enforced rest has helped and the various scans have made some things clearer. I also hope you do get home today. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sorry about this Suzy,hope all is well and you are now home.Mig
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Oh Suzygirl I am sorry that you are so poorly :(

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that you are home soon :)

Love & (((((())))
    Juliepf x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Suzygirl, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I truly hope things improve very soon.
    Thinking of you, and wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    send her a big ((())) from me and hope they let her out not a nice place to be even if they helping val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Suzy I am so sorry to hear this, these kidney infections can be horrible..I do hope you are responding to the treatment, and will be home very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Suzy, that is really bad news, I am sending you a big healing hug, get well soon. Love LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Oh, suzygirl, I am so sorry. I was worried about you and still am. I hope you get better soon. xx ((()))
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    Options
    Am thinking of you Suzygirl.

hugs

xxx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Thinking of you so much Suzy.

Loads of love Tillyxxx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Suzy

New here been reading all the lovely posts you got would just like to wish you well and hope for a speedy recovery......tc....Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've just heard from Suzy, apparently the MRI which was done has shown some nerve impingment, a neurosurgeon is being consulted and surgery is on the cards. :( She is not sure if she will be allowed home today. Double :( DD
  • julie47
    Options
    Thank you DD for this update

SG I am so sorry to read dds update and send extra hugs (((((()))))

I am thinking about you

Love Juliepf x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Oh Suzy (my right hand girl!) Hope your home and feeling alittle better, you get yourself well, hoping your reading lots of books (if your up to it!) or just doing lots of resting! Book Club is fine, Take care.
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Suzy

Get Well Soon , Sorry to hear you are in hospital .

Fowls xxx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm sorry about this, Suzygirl though, if they can fix summat, I suppose good can come of bad. I do hope so.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmella
    Options
    Oh, suzygirl, I am sorry that things have turned out like this. :( But maybe a different neuro having a look now was the best thing? They do all look at these things differently. It would explain the increase in nerve pain, I couldn't understand how a kidney infection would have caused that. I had guessed that the MRI was to look at your spine rather than kidneys.

Still, I am sorry though. My last surgery was sprung on me and it isn't very nice. I really hope they can sort you out soon. Sending massive hugs ((())).
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Still thinking of you loads Suzy.

Lots love and ((()))s

Tilly xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've heard from her - she is home (a good thing), tired (not surprising) and the neurosurgeons are not going to operate (another good thing). She has been through a very stressful time but is pleased to be home. DD
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Hi all, thank you so much to DD for posting.

I am home now and very pleased to be here. I went in for my kidney infection which had turned into a severe systemic body infection ( :?: ). I had days of IV antibiotics and fluids and feel much better.

Whilst being examined it became apparent that my weakness in my legs had become much more apparent. They suspected cauda equina syndrome. I kept it quiet as I assumed they were wrong. The doc suspected the disk had slipped further. Turns out he was right. L5/S1 has worsened and is now protuding as well as narrowed.

So yesterday I was told I needed emergency surgery as the nerve was 'impinged' (her words ). Today I am released and told the surgeons won't operate and I have no nerve impingement but do have a slipped disk.

I have been sent home with oral morphine on top of my MST and my gabapentin has been increased. I am confused and emotional. I can't get comfy with my back and my right leg buckles and is so weak.

I am going to finish my antibiotics, take stock and then make an appt to speak to my gp to sort out what is going on. I could have stayed in hospital to sort it out, I was given that option. I just wanted home, so went straight away, which I am now slightly regretting. It has just been such a roller coaster that I am not sure of anything.

My symptoms have gradually worsened and my injections seem to have made tings worse unfortunately. Maybe i will improve once the infection has gone.

Thank you for allyour support, any advice appreciated. It has been a very tough week.

Oh, to top it all I had my ENT appt yesterday and my menieres was confirmed and a hearing aid offered for my deafness :shock:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    that the trouble with hospitals we all want out as soon as possible hope gp sorts it soon for you ((())) val
    val
  • frogmella
    Options
    Hi suzygirl, I am glad to hear that you are home without unexpected surgery. But I am sorry that you have had such a bad time. I have been really worried about you. I am glad that they have given you some better dullers. I had l5s1 problems and I know how hard it is to get comfortable. The leg being weak doesn't sound good to me, I hope your GP can sort you out. I don't blame you for coming home. It is horrid in hospital.

I hope things look up for you soon. Big hugs ((()))

Helen
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello suzy, it's nice to hear from you but what a tale of woe. :( I completely understand why you wanted to come home, and I can also understand the confusion. Be sensible, stay in bed as much as you need (that's an order from Dr DD :wink: ) and concentrate on getting properly better. Everything else can wait for a while, yes? Take care. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I’m so sorry you’ve been through such a tough time, Suzygirl, and are still going through it.

I think the first thing is to get better and then you’ll be able to make a more informed decision about the conflicting diagnosis you’ve received. I think the GP would, as you say, be a good source of information then.

Retrospectively yes, it might have been better to stay in hospital but I speak as one who twisted a spanking new TKR getting into the car taking me home from having it inserted and flatly refused my husband’s pleas to return to the ward.

No football spectatoring for you this weekend, my girl. Rest up, be waited on hand and foot and take stock at the end of the weekend. ((()))
    Steven Wright
  • julie47
    Options
    Hi Suzygirl

I am glad that you are now home, :) but sorry that you are still ill. :( I hope that with plenty of rest and the medication that you are on you start to feel well again soon.

Take care
    love Juliepf x (((((())))))))