I'm in the dumps.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 1. Oct 2012, 11:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm whacking this post on before I change my mind about moaning.

I'm in the dumps for three reasons. Firstly, we had a lovely week-end away and now I'm home and nothing's changed. Secondly, the weather is pretty foul and that always pulls me down. Thirdly, I'm sick and tired of this whole arthritis malarkey and the sanctimonious preaching by those who don't have what I have but think they have the right to tell me what I should be doing to make myself better. There is no better, geddit? It is what it is, it will do what it will do and I am the chump who has to get on with it because I can't change it. Fourthly, there's roadworks outside the house. I'm off to scream into a pillow. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Tell em all to borrux then don't bother reading their posts anymore,that's what I did and I don't have all your problems to deal with.(((())))Mig
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're so p###ed off , DD ,feeling much the same mainly due to the weather ! We go out to the beach virtually every day ; hot , cold , rain or shine ; but lately it's been far too wet to even consider going out ~ you get wet very quickly in a wheelchair ! Hope a day of rest will help to make you feel brighter . Jillyb
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    you have an good scream and have one for me because this flippin Dragon is typing what it wants when I'm trying to be all sympathetic :x

Hope the roadworks don't laugh too long (see what I mean about this soft ware, its supposed to say LAST) and let's hope it's writer (BRIGHTER) day tomorrow :)

I'm going to bang my head against the wall now :lol:

love juliepf x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    DD I'm glad you posted. It does no good at all to bottle these things up.
    I can't offer any solutions, like you say, it is what it is. Having said that, I'm always here if you want someone to shout at. I'm slightly deaf, so it won't do any harm :wink:
    Sending some of these (((()))) whether you want them or not.
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty

Juliepf, perhaps you should wrap your head in DDs pillow before you bang it against the wall. :lol:
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Why shouldn't you moan DD.? You listen to everyone else moaning so now its your turn.
    This lousy weather on its own is enough to get anyone down and boy...roadworks outside your house I'd be moaning too. They probably have earplugs in....health and safety...which should apply to anyone having to listen to the racket they make.
    Hopefully they won't last long. May
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Dear Ms Daisy,

I’m so sorry to hear about your dumps. Allow me to assist.

1. A weekend away is a very bad move. It allows you to believe that things could be better. They couldn’t. They can’t. Not permanently. You have made the mistake of entering into a parallel universe, one which is fairly well-tailored to your physical and emotional needs ie you don’t cook, don’t clean, don’t knacker yourself by taking hours to do excruciating boring household tasks which will all need doing again tomorrow and which sap your meagre reserves of energy so that you have none left with which to enjoy life. In this parallel universe you have been able to use that energy to do fun things. Fun things are inadvisable. They lead to the erroneous belief that there is more to life than arthritis. There isn’t. Well, not much more. Just these little occasional glimpses. Deal with it.

2. The weather is foul – no pretty about it. You can’t change that either. However, just because the weather is miserable doesn’t mean that you have to be miserable with it. Think happy thoughts. Think sunshine. (Not enough to give you sunburn though.) Be a little ray of sunshine to all around you. They’ll hate it and you will find it so satisfying.

3. You are sick and tired of the whole arthritis malarkey. Yup, that’s what it does. It makes us sick. It makes us tired. Deal with it.

4. All incurable diseases attract sanctimonious preachers, many of them peddling their quack remedies. They are as relentless as arthritic pains but not as easily distanced by paindullers. Mostly they are a pain in the neck and a pain in the bum. There is no known cure. Deal with it.

5. Roadworks are nature’s way of reminding you that, out there, there are strong, fit young men displaying their builder’s rears, none of whom would be remotely interested in a wobbling woman on sticks. Life sucks. Deal with it.

However, the good news is that, here at Snake Oil Manor, we have perfected the one and only Fix All pill. It has been extensively tested in Taiwan on 7 mice, 4 scorpions and 56 tsetse flies all of whom swore they felt better after it even without their magnetic bracelets, Vitamin Z tablets and Costabomb With Added Worm Casts Ointment. I think these testimonies are conclusive. Fix All (F.A. for short) does exactly what the name says. It can be yours for the special introductory price of One Arm and One Leg. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours,

I L L Fleecem

(Fleecem and Grabbit, Nostrum Suppliers to the Gullible very Ltd)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Don't know about the rest of you but I personally will be on to I L L Fleecem straight away!!

Life does suck at times DD, I'm sorry it does for you right now. At such times the only response is to do the things we enjoy that we shouldn't do, cream cakes, an early afternoon drink and ignoring the house work are all good options. As for the weather, can't be helped but a good film will have some sunshine in it and if none of that works, just scream, forget the politeness of muffling with a pillow and just scream. It might even drown out the roadworkers if you are lucky. Stupid advice seems to be one of the symptoms of arthritis, along with being treated like you are really stupid at times, just tell them all to hence forth and multiple with small spiders, it won't stop them but it's about as useful to them as their advice is to you.

Hope you feel better soon, I woke up in a right mood but lots of jelly sweets and telling my boss I would not be attending a dull seminar for him have cheered me right up, oh and biscuits...I'm building up to cake here, can you tell?!

LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Nike says 'Just do it.' Sticky says 'Deal with it.' Both work. I already take an FA pill but I'll try yours. Is £250 enough for a course of one?

Thank you everyone, you have cheered me but I have also realised the true trigger to this slump. I had an issue over the week-end with 'im indoors over the Clatterator (you married ones will understand when I say it was a silent issue, i.e. I thought stuff but didn't say it). A little pang shot through my heart, and it's still stinging away because these things do. He carries it, he will not push it. When we checked out on Monday he had two heavy bags, one on each shoulder. the folded Clat in his right hand. I said 'Why don't you unfold it, rest the bags on it, then wheel them to the car?' 'No, it's easier this way', he replied as he got stuck in the doorway. He briefly resembled a vertical tortoise. Then it dawned on me. He doesn't want to be seen pushing it. Nice he has the choice, yes? DumpsDaisy.

PS Sticky? You were slightly inaccurate in no.5 - it should read an agéd wobbling fat woman on sticks. :wink:

PPS Are you willing to share the cake, LV? No? Fair enough. :lol:
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hey DD

I'm not much use for cheering anyone up at the moment but just wanted to say I am thinking of you very much. I'm down in the dumps too but at least it's sunny in my dump today :roll:

Love and ((()))s

Tilly xxx
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Oh dear dreamdaisy - sorry to hear you are having a bad day. I know how you feel. I was feeling very sorry for myself this morning until I heard a neighbour had passed away. At least I'm still breathing, but had to cancel going out this afternoon to my poetry group as I only got a couple of hours sleep last night because of one pain or another.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow and that the workmen have gone away. Mind you, if they are young and fit, then position your chair by the window and have a good eyeful. :o

Janet xx
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you arent your normal happy go lucky self DD but we all have days like that.

I felt particularly awful this morning after having to as OH to wipe my fecking a**e coz my back wouldnt allow me to bend the way I needed to and my arms are too short.

I spent half an hour crying at the concept of not being able to do personal things myself.

I hope that you start feeling better about things hun.

In the mean time have some flowers:

d030.gif
    d030.gif
    d030.gif
    Jakib0644.gif
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,931
    Options
    Hello DD
    make a nice mug of tea take it to the window so they can see you with it how they would wish they had one you could open the window making a noise and say lovely tea.
    take care ((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Course I am, my eyes are just about bigger than my belly still!

That must have hurt DD, as you say, nice to have the option but you see, despite having the option he still struggled and looked like a vertical tortoise so not like he actually won or looked too able on that point was it?! At least it is just your body that makes your life hard and not your pride and stupidity for which there is no treatment. I just ambled along on my first walk in a week with Mr LV struggling and swearing next to me with three dogs whilst I looked like a spare part. It got to me and then I decided I looked like quite a good spare part and rather calm compared to him which you will have looked on Monday too!

LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    DD good for you getting this out.....life can be shift...and we are expected to carry on has usual....there is one thing for certain...after the screaming you will bounce back somehow....((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey DD. By a strange coincidence, today is Arthurs Day. Not the horrible, nasty, make you feel like s**t Arthur, but the nice,refreshing, makes you feel happy Arthur. (as in Guinness) so why dont you come over here to sunny Belfast and have a few with me? :wink:

7Worlds
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    Options
    Oh DD :-(

I completely understand the silent issue with OH........it does hurt and no matter how many times you tell yourself it wasnt intentional on their part, it still doesnt take the sting of hurt away :-(
    when my late FIL was in hospital, we were asked to take his clatterrator in for him, and just as yours did,my OH carried it as he didnt want to be seen pushing it!

Bless you xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Onced again, my thanks to all of you. I'm still occasionally blubbing. Yup, me, blubbing. Ye gods woman, pull yourself together. :x The workmen have gone (they were repairing a part where the road was sinking, there are a number of natural springs that run under the road and pavements on my terrace and they sink from time to time) and it has stopped raining. I have been out to Sainsbriz and bought both useful and nonesensical stuff but even driving my belovéd litle car did not truly cheer me as it usually does. :roll: No matter, this will pass because all things do, I have two lessons this afternoon, both with very quirky girls and if they don't make me smile then not much will. I've also had a good laugh with a couple of friends which always lifts one's dodgy spirits. Onwards and sideways, DD, just deal with it. :wink:
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Hello dd,

come up here and we could hold hands and drinks
    some pints.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    You're on. Oh ichabod, yes please, sup and talk of cabbages and kings, that would be grand. (DD heaves a big sigh and totters off). DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hey DD your not suppose to be down! Your our top cheer upper, and the dali Larma of AC (and everything!) :shock: If I had some fit road workers outside I would have cuppa in one hand and Binoculars in other! (made me think why don't they do light weight Binoculars? hmmm :? ) And if not I would have put a request in for some if they insisted on being noisy!
    Ohhh DD I wish I could make you feel better, you've made me feel better in the past, though all I would need is a Jason Statham and Matt Cardle Sandwich, I'm easily pleased! :wink: Hope you feel better soon sweetie, other wise I'm sure we will keep thinking of things to make you feel better! :)
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    :lol::lol:
    mig wrote:
    Tell em all to borrux then don't bother reading their posts anymore,that's what I did and I don't have all your problems to deal with.(((())))Mig
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Sorry your feelin down DD.
    Ruddy Builders and people who do not know what they are talking about gets on your nerves .
    On a lighter note .My boss says that if i cannot get my feet sorted out he will have them chopped of and buy me a pair of blades .At least i will be able to try and catch Oscar Pistoious :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Hope you cheer up soon

karen xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    mig wrote:

Mig, you should have your own sticky thread - 'mig's words of wisdom'. You could give us all a daily giggle with your brief, to-the-point observations.
    rugbygirl wrote:
    I felt particularly awful this morning after having to as OH to wipe my fecking a**e coz my back wouldnt allow me to bend the way I needed to and my arms are too short.

Buy one. An a**e wiper. I did. it lives in a drawer and very rarely gets any exercise but, when needed, it doesn't grunt or make unappreciated remarks.
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I already take an FA pill but I'll try yours. Is £250 enough for a course of one?

:shock: £250? For a tsetse fly tested cure-absolutely-bloomin'-everything pill? You must be out of your clatterator :o I said an arm and a leg - and I want no inferior arthritic ones. My middle name is Shylock.
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    You were slightly inaccurate in no.5 - it should read an agéd wobbling fat woman on sticks. :wink:

You're right. It was inaccurate. It should read 'a very kind-hearted wobbly woman who uses her pain to try to alleviate that of others'. (You know I don't do compliments so please don't ever ask me to repeat that. I shall deny every word of it.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    Options
    Thinking of you DreamDaisy. I too am down in the dumps and the weather really doesn't help does it??

Take care and lots of hugs

xxx
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I'm whacking this post on before I change my mind about moaning.

I'm in the dumps for three reasons. Firstly, we had a lovely week-end away and now I'm home and nothing's changed. Secondly, the weather is pretty foul and that always pulls me down. Thirdly, I'm sick and tired of this whole arthritis malarkey and the sanctimonious preaching by those who don't have what I have but think they have the right to tell me what I should be doing to make myself better. There is no better, geddit? It is what it is, it will do what it will do and I am the chump who has to get on with it because I can't change it. Fourthly, there's roadworks outside the house. I'm off to scream into a pillow. DD
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    These things will past as you always say but in the mean time you need a few (((((()))))) . This horrible arther manages to knock us all down from time to time even the strong ones .
    I usually ring my hubby and ask for some sweets , which makes me more upset because i have broke my diet , then i get mad and think s** it i need a treat . Dont be so hard on yourself you are only human , life is hard enough for us arthur suffers . .....jill xx

ps i have just rung for some marshmallows so you arent alone ...lol