Options
2»

Comments

• ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi DD

Really sorry to hear how you're feeling today. As a newbie, very impressed to see how supportive everybody is.

All the best, Kathryn
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    DD good for you we all need to vent off at some time or other and there is nothing like a good rant to make you feel better I have just made malteser fudge will send to some for the tea.....tc......Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    dd i was so bad wishing a broken leg on him for not using clatterator sorry i know you would have to put up with him then so glad he got caught in door made me smile to think of it do you want a vodoo doll just for when he gets to you (((()))) to help you threw this down bit get the sad lamp out now girl and have cake (you might as well i cant :( lol ) stay strong run his foot over val
    val
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Options
    DD so sorry to hear you are down in the dumps, gets us all at some point doesn't it. Hope you are feeling a little better now (and have figured a way of getting your own back :lol: ) Take care Dee xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've just read all your messages and my eyes have started leaking again. :oops: Thank you all so much for your support, I both appreciate and value it. This can't be my hormones playing up (I'm done with all that malarkey which is a huge plus to life) so I guess it's that lovely combination of pain and tiredness. I have been muttering my Arthritic's Prayer most of the day, one of its key lines is 'Forgive me my temper as I forgive those who temper against me.' That latter part does not apply to any of you. Thank you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi DD,

The trouble with any condition is it impact on life and most carry pain as well as being restrictive. I try to stay as positive as to not makes for a very sharp nose dive (got the t-shirt on that and it took a year to re-build my self)

There are things that you can learn to do to help drag your self back up before the big fall and the cell (I had a cell) For me it helps to keep me up though the crohn's will take me down and I don;t think it will ever be possible to stop it from doing that as it so impacts on life with a ton of fear its isn;t just having a little kick but its going for the full blown flare in-between.

The bones did take me down with the crohn's and the bones now haven't got the ability to do so and wont have till they totally give out.

The pain... I know your opposed to the heavier pain meds but I would not give them up for the world cus they gave me back a chunk of life that had gone... corset they need upping on night like this but I have been busy getting new sisters for my girls..... Went thorough an entire county as near as in fog and shattered as well, that don't help us cope either does it?

I would strongly recomend you get in touch with Sticky's recommended people..... though I can't as its clearly tested on animals :wink:

How ever if you can't get hold of them (its possible they have moved offices again when we went to protest at their blatant cruelty to those poor flies we found they had moved and have a history of doing so for some reason :lol: I can toughly recommend the Slipper Boy ultramontane healing gell... made form (He says) top quality ingredient but I think might be horse, sheep and cow muck blended for hours and stirred gently over a slight flame for 100 hours before adding some synthetic snake oil :wink: Three hairs fro a beagle, 2 sheep off cuts of hoof and some human hair that he said he just happened to find ion the hedgerows but matches the bald bit on my head...... He is selling it at £100 a bottle so its quite cheap :lol:

Anyway off to get too much pay back and leaving a hope today will be better. ((( ))) and a reinforced cope. Cris x

Oh and sorry i am shattered, the brains not working and the spell check has deserted me... does it show :lol:
  • pegleg
    pegleg Member Posts: 139
    Options
    :cry::cry: , hope your feeling a bit brighter this morning , thinking of you xx
  • Nicchick
    Nicchick Member Posts: 191
    Options
    I hope you are feeling a little brighter this morning DD - I selfishly didn't catch up with this thread as I was feeling very down about everything yesterday too - I don't have roadworks to put up with but I do still have the hormone thing going on...

A friend dropped by the shop yesterday and my left leg was very bad - using the stick helped a bit but I was really struggling. Despite my telling the friend many times over the last few years about the arthritis she clearly had no idea about how bad it is - described RA as 'relatively common' and suggested some Chinese herbal crap and a radical change in diet, clearly an expert :)

I'm avoiding emails as they are full of suggestions like the ones above...

Hoping for a brighter day for all of us, I have my MRI tomorrow so hopefully I will start getting some stronger treatment after that.

Nic x
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hey DD

Just to say "thinking of you" and hoping that today will be a happier day for you.

Love n ((()))s

Tillyxxx
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Hi DD,

I haven't been on this board long but I have learnt that you are a very supportive and understanding person. This being the case you are perfectly entitled to moan at us too. We all have bad days, and you have helped us through ours, so now it is our turn to help you.

I hope that today is a better day for you. The sun is out in my part of the world and that always makes me feel better. Hope it is shining on you.

Helen

ps. As far as the "helpful" advice people, if you find a good solution please share!
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Morning DD, how are you this morning. I do hope you are feeling brighter, and ready to take on the world again. :wink:
    I've just been talking to my mum on the phone. She asked how I'm getting on since my op. I told her the wounds healing well, six more weeks in plaster, then we'll see how it is. I also mentioned my left hand/wrist/arm, playing up because of the extra use. She said "Oh have you still got Rheumatics then?" :roll: :lol: If only it were that simple :lol:
    Take care of you,
    fondest wishes,
    Numpty
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Morning DD, Hope your feeling a little brighter this morning, I forgot to mention my hormones are all over the place at the moment and they are playing nasty tricks on me! Over the last month and a bit, I've cried through the opening and closing ceromonies of the Olympics, The opening and closing ceromonies of the Para-Olympics and some tv! It's been crazy because I can't control it and my OH just rolls his eyes and laughs. It was embarassing, we where on holiday in a bar watching the para-olympics it was swimming can't remember if it was male or female but they broke the world record and got gold. I started sobbing my OH looked at me went 'Oh no!' I just got my glass of drink (whisky & coke) and necked it down to try and stop me sobbing! We got drunk that night! Now I'm on a higher dose of HRT, hopefully fingers crossed it will work and sort my hormones out!
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi Dream Daisy. I know exactly how you feel if it is any consolation. I have OA in my back which affects my mobility badly and I get so fed up with not being able to do the things I want to do. Have tried all sorts of painkillers which either don't help or I get very bad side effects from so have only been taking Paracetamol, which as we all know, are not strong enough to cope with chronic pain. Have been bad to my GP recently and had a bit of a 'go' at her and said could she please try and sort something out for me. Tried Gabapentin which gave me horrendous side effects, so that was another crossed off the list. Am now on Butrans pain patches started with the lowest dose which didn't do much and now have a slightly higher dose which isn't doing much either! Have got further appointment next week to discuss again. You are right when you say that other people don't understand and it annoys me too. However, it is like most things in life that although you can sympathise with people, until you are in the same situation and have experienced the problems/pain and everything else that accompanies OA and RA, then it is very difficult to empathise with people. That's why this forum is so good as it allows us to share how we are coping (or not!), feeling and can also pass on tips to others. Am so glad I found the website. Only wish I'd found it earlier! Some days I feel as though I can cope and on others the pain completely gets me down, so hope you are feeling a bit better today. At least it's stopped raining (well it has here - Kent)! Do you have any hobbies? I find they help as you concentrate on something else. Best wishes to everyone. Beryl (kentish lady)
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning DD

Just to say I am thinking about you :)

Hope today is a better day

(((((((())))))))

Love Juliepf x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thinking about you DD xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    More lovely replies, thank you one and all. I'll answer one by one if that's OK with everyone!

Skezier: bless your heart, a new cope was just the thing and as usual it's workking its wonders. Today is a better day in parts, so that is a very good thing. You have new girls? :shock: Wow! I hope they settle in well and get on with Wish, Bre and Alba. How old are they? Surely not three lambs, that would be a deal to take on viz the feeding etc. As for Slipper Boy - I'll give that potion a whirl, it sounds splendid! I completely get what you are saying about the pain relief but I can cope as I am for the nmost part, I think overdoing stuff in Cambridge was my downfall and that is entirely my own fault. :wink:

Pegleg, thank you. I am feeling brighter thanks to the sunshine, that always makes a difference for me - probably for most of us. I hope you are doing OK with that new knee and not pushing things too much.

Nicchick - ah, life sans hormones is grand! I'm sorry you were having a down day too, you were more sensible than me though and stayed away from here - I'll be doing that in the future. We always say that getting stuff out is good but sometimes I wonder as that seems to bring its own troubles on here. Everyone knows it's all as simple as changing one's diet and taking natural meds :wink: so it's about time I did so, yes? Good luck with the MRI - noisy nmachines aren't they? Let us know how you get on.

Tilly, thank you so much. I know things are very tough fro you at the moment and for you to take the time and effort to reply says so much about your qualities as a friend and support.

Hello frogmella, thank you for your kind words and yes, things are somewhat beter today. It's a tricky path we totter along from time to time and I hope you are finding things easier to manage - don't be afraid to do stuff and be wise enough to know when to stop. That takes time to learn though - and I am sure you will.

Numpty - ah mums, where would we be without them? (Yes, I know, we wouldn't be here for a start.) You take care of that new fusion and don't demand too much of the other hand. It is lovely to have you back though, I did miss you when you weren't around. Say hello to Sebastian for me (is he still around? I haven't looked for ages. :oops:

Bubba. Oh yes, I remember the crying at 'nothing' very well but I liked your solution! I hope the higher HRT helps to settle matters - the arthritis rollercoaster is bad enought but the hormone one is in a class of its own.

I might be running out of room now, so I'll carry on with another reply.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello Kentishlady, it's lovely to see your name pop up, thank you for taking the time to reply. I remember that you haved been struggling for while now to find effective pain relief, it's far from easy for some to find summat that suits. I am lucky in that I seem to get away quite lightly with side-effects (touch wood) but I hope the patches do turn out to be a solution for you. There is nothing quite so draining as the relentless nature of chronic pain, it's no wonder we all 'lose it' from time to time. I am pretty good at taking my mind of things with reading, the telly or doing puzzles, if my attention is occupied elsewhere then I don't notice the twangs and pangs as much - until I stand up! :lol: Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on, yes?

Hello my lovely pink flamingo - you have cheered me immensely today, thank you. We'll always have Southwold! :D

Barabara: den, Friday? About 7? :) I wonder if Cherrybim will wander in too, flashing her new bra. :wink: We three could sit and compare! :lol: Thank you, all thoughts are much appreciated.

Take care of yourselves, don't do anything I wouldn't. :wink: DD
  • Nicchick
    Nicchick Member Posts: 191
    Options
    Oh, you sound much brighter DD!

Talking of mums...mine has become so protective over me just lately and at a local am dram play thing we went to a mutual friend approached her (not me you'll notice) and he said he could 'help' me - 'nonsense' my mother replied 'what Nicola has cannot be cured with a few exercises and by going on a diet!' Good ole ma!

Peckers up and all that!

Nx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi dd hope today a good one for you leaving ((())) just incase you need them val
    val
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Hope you're doing ok today , DD , thinking of you . Jillyb
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    You are still in my thoughts DD

Hope you are much better today :)