Options
2»

Comments

• nicetomeetu
    nicetomeetu Member Posts: 63
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you are good,

Went to the docs got a sick note for 4 weeks, I am already self signed off for this week. My doc was v understanding, so that is the latest so far.

:) xxxx
  • Ryedaledigger
    Ryedaledigger Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Thats great time to take a bit of "me time" TTFN Steve
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi nicetomeet you. Glad you are making progress and hope you are successful. You are a lot younger than me, I retired from work 5 years ago. When I asked DWP about mobility allowance I was told that if you have the 'disability problem' before you are 65 then you can claim but if you get it/or have the problem diagnosed when you are older (as I did - a year after retiring!), then you can only get financial benefits if you need help with washing and dressing? That is not the case with me and so as far as I understand it, there is no additional financial help available to me. Maybe someone on this forum can give me further advice. It seems to be a real struggle for anyone with a genuine need to get the help they need. Kentish Lady
  • Helenbothknees
    Helenbothknees Member Posts: 487
    Options
    Kentishlady, you might be able to get Attendance Allowance, which is the over-65 version of Disability Living Allowance, if you have trouble or pain walking, or difficulty getting around the house at all. However, it's getting harder, more people are being turned down (read some of the threads on here), and it's a good idea to get help with the form from either the CAB or Age UK. I filled it in just using help available on the internet and got it, so it is possible, but make sure you take advice, either verbal or written! But it's definitely worth a try, so go for it!
  • nicetomeetu
    Options
    Thats great time to take a bit of "me time" TTFN Steve

Thanks Steve,

You're not wrong there. I am having a nice relaxing time. I have been doing topics on the online Microsoft office course I am doing on Alison.com. I am hoping to get a certificate to help me in my search for admin jobs. Before, I would log on the computer mainly for job search purposes and filling inlengthy application forms. I will still do that in due course but for now, I intend to take it easy.

xx :)
  • nicetomeetu
    Options
    Hi Kentishlady,

Thank you for your kind words. Please do look into the Attendance Allowance Helenbothknees mentioned. If you are entitled to that, then you don't want to be missing out.

Good luck and I hope you do get it.

xx :)