What a day. Last Night MIL had a stroke.

Options

Comments

• arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    DD I would stick to the pellety stuff if I was you, provided it is an all in one dog food. Try some on the OH, he might like it too. :lol:
    Tinned toms and a cuppa might mean you are clearing up after him.
    Love to MIL.

Arfa
  • pegleg
    pegleg Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Oh how awful for you all :cry: , hope your MIL starts to improve , thank heaven she has good caring neighbours around her :) xx
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Glad to hear that MIL is improving, hope that she gets the support she needs to keep her independence. Take care of yourself.
    Deb x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Husband has pitched up at the hsopital. Mum is sound asleep, she was taken out of bed earlier and sat in a chair for a while but she's whacked out now. Her colour is very good and she's looking better since they cleaned her up a little. The dog has had a slice of wholemeal bread and half an iced finger. He is now asleep on the doormat. I might go and join him. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    dd no iced fingers what goes in comes out remember never mind how it looks at you be strong.
    so sorry to hear all this and sorry only just got to it. rest when you can stress is no good to you ((())) just incase you need them val
    val
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    That all sounds really hopeful with your MIL. Lots of sleep is good too and suggests things aren't too aggravated. She sounds quite remarkable and healthy, I hope she continues to improve, good luck to you all.

Wholemeal bread and half an iced finger sounds good for poochy. I use pellety stuff with mine but always think I'd be bored with a diet of brown pellets even if they are 'complete' so tend to offer a bit of everything-chicken, pilchards, most veg and fruit all go down a treat as does yoghurt. I avoid chocolate, mainly cos I don't want to share it. There's lots of 'advice' and rules on feeding dogs but I always remember they are scavenging beasts and like to eat poo so there's not much they can't or shouldn't have. Bacon butties and smoked foods are particular favourites along with anything sweet.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    PS mine are as thin as lats and my vet always remarks on them being athletes and as fit as butchers dogs, not sure if that's down to brown pellets or the rest of their diet!
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    DD, I have only just just seen this I am so sorry. How fortunate that the dog was there to keep her company. I think he deserves a few treats :wink: Just no chocolate, as it is toxic to them.

I hope your MIL recovers soon. Her good health should stand her in good stead.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Dear DD, I've only just seen this. I'm very sorry your MIL is so poorly. I do hope she recovers well.
    Please take care of yourself, try not to overdo things, 'though I know that's easier said than done.
    I'm thinking of you and yours,
    fondest wishes,
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh DD I am sorry to hear about you MIL, like someone else said these are awful shocks all round...bless her I am glad she is being looked after.
    So you have a companion....do you think he might want to stay ...I certainly would ice fingers and wholemeal bread ...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    So there we were, dog and me, happily watching telly together when there's knock on the front door. It was BIL, dog ecstatic, pellety stuff left behind for OH to try. :wink: I'm out on my feet but have dinner to sort as Husband will be leaving the hospital around now. MIL has slept all afternoon but at least he was there in case she did wake. DD

PS Barbara? You are more than welcome - I'll feed you better than that. :wink:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sorry only just seen this,mr mig and I are thinking of you both and sending much love,hugs to mil.Mig
  • creakybones
    creakybones Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Hello DD - just sending my regards. My mother had a similar episode 10 weeks ago - she is only 73 though but seems her very high BP contributed to it - she had a bleed on the brain as opposed to a blood clot. As I say 10 wks have now passed - she is not great but hopefully your mother in law will fair better - the fact she is eating a yogurt on day 2 is very good - my mother was semi concious for a week or more.

Hope you fair beter with the NHS than we have - seems to be no neuro based rehab available locally so she in on a general ward - all her problems are cognitive so she is not in the right place in my opinion.

Anyway best wishes to you all Xxxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Aww DD I'm so sorry ..... I've just seen this now....i havent been on much this past few days. Your poor MIL and you and Mr DD as well....it must be really taking it out of you.
    If its at all possible both of you rest as much as you can.
    Your MIL seems as if she is improving
    Hope she improves soon

Love
    Hileena
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning DD

Just to say I am still thinking of you all and Hope that today your mum in law is feeling a little better.

Love Juliepf x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    I have just spoken with DD and although when Mr DD rang earlier this morning to see how his mum was and he was told she had a comfortable night, they have just rung Mr DD at work and said she has deteriorated.

Mr DD is now on his way to pick up DD and then they will make their way to the hospital.

I am Thinking about you both and hope that your mum will be ok
    Love & extra Hugs ((((((())))

Juliepf x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Thinking of you both .Mig
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Still thinking of you and yours DD, I hope things improve very soon.
    We are all here for you.
    Fondest wishes,
    Numpty
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Thinking of you DD. (())
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Thinking of you all DD.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Thanks Julie for letting us know........DD thinking of you both ((((())))s an xxxxxs for you both.......Marie
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Thinking of you all DD. It sounds like a really tough time so lots of love and support to you all. LV xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello DD and Mr DD
    i'm thinking of you both take care
    ((((((((DDand Mr DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi DD

Sorry to hear about your MIL hope she has a quick recovery .Have a good rest , sorry the doogie is giving you allergies .

karen xx
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Thinking of you and MR DD at this very worrying time.x