Wedding appeal

Options
2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My wedding was one of the happiest days of my life. Total cost (rings, frock and wedding breakfast included) was a shade under £400. Was I loved? Yes. Am I loved? Yes. Will I be loved? Yes. We could have spent more but realised that it would make no difference to what the day was really about. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Why not contact that progamme 'Don't tell the bride?' They give you £12000 to organise the day yourself in return for being filmed.

I also know someone who donated her wedding dress to an Arthritis Research charity shop this very week.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    Sorry just seen your post that most of the wedding is arranged and paid for. So is it just a dress you are after? You have a few possibilities from some companies?

Its looking like you don't need any more help as you seem to have done a grand job yourself.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Beatlesian1
    Beatlesian1 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

I had seriously thought of dont tell the bride but honestly I couldn't justify spending 12000 on a wedding, no matter who is paying for it.

I was never looking for money or anything that benefited me I just wanted her to look and feel special and get help from other females that would advise me on stuff.

My plan was to get her to doctors get referred to physio water physio ( can't remember the name for that lol) get her body fit as she has lots of muscle waste i was planning contact all bridal companies, make up companies, after contacting just a few I can safely say that I doubt any of them will be willing to help.
    It's really dishearten me but I will get there In the end lol
  • Beatlesian1
    Beatlesian1 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    There is one company that maybe will donate a dress but nothing confirmed just yet,
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

I had seriously thought of dont tell the bride but honestly I couldn't justify spending 12000 on a wedding, no matter who is paying for it.

I was never looking for money or anything that benefited me I just wanted her to look and feel special and get help from other females that would advise me on stuff.

My plan was to get her to doctors get referred to physio water physio ( can't remember the name for that lol) get her body fit as she has lots of muscle waste i was planning contact all bridal companies, make up companies, after contacting just a few I can safely say that I doubt any of them will be willing to help.
    It's really dishearten me but I will get there In the end lol

Hydrotherapy is the water physio.

How about a local college for beauty treatments and make-up ( you say a relative is doing her hair). They often practice for free or for a reduced cost.

Elizabeth.

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein