2»

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Religion has never been the cause of conflicts

Ha ha!, I fell of my chair with this one Liz it's a corker a real gem thanks.

It wasn't me who said it Mell. It was Tody. I just quoted it but it came out same colour as my other writing on the post.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    Tody wrote:
    tjt6768 wrote:
    As an Englishman I take offence at that remark Tody. As usual you seem intent on stirring things up?
    How can you state that we are not religious?
    Ridiculous remark.

Don't take offence, just try to understand.
    I stand by my words.

Religion has never been the cause of conflicts - not even in N. Ireland.
    And to say that religion is the cause of all evils....take a minute to think about it - this is [******]Word removed by Moderator, contravenes house rules - Moderator AC

ridiculous.

I've only heard this in England, several times, in exactly the same patterns.

No, England is not a religious culture - I'll tell you what England is - England is a post-modern society, you are very advanced - technologically, economically, socially - but you have turned your back on the idea of God.
    Basically, you are a provisional culture - you cater for your needs - but as a society you don't have a soul - maybe this is why your footballers drop out of any major tournament - you do not have passion. It seems and sounds ridiculous but take moment to contemplate on it.

By contrast, there are other societies, they are absolutely underdeveloped, they might even get the occasional battering by other cultures - more stronger and more powerful, but those society - they haven't turned their back on religion because it is the one thing that sustains them, that gives them hope and strength.

This is the original post Mell

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war

Here you go Liz and tody I think you'll find this very very interesting and educational, after all there’s no need for anyone to live in total ignorance of the real facts these days what with the World Wide Web, the truth is now only a mouse click away. :mrgreen:

See previous post Mell

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    oooh yeah and here's another good bit of info from Wikpedia on the current global Jihad that was started by dear old Osama "2 bullets" Bin Laden

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Jihad

and again Mell. I know you read it as my quote but I can assure you its not.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:
    sad to say its normally men who do the messing up.

It is mainly men who do the messing up, but maybe that's because there are so few women leaders in the world. Who's to say that women would do any better, although they might not resort to violence quite as quickly as men. Having said that, Margaret Thatcher didn't hesitate to lead us into war over the Falklands, so I'm not so sure.

The thing I can never understand is that all religions encourage people to be kind and tolerant towards each other, and to live in peace with their neighbours. Yet religious differences seem to cause so much conflict between people. However, I never think it's the fault of the ordinary people who only want to live in peace and get on with their lives. It's when the extremists and politicians get power-mad that the trouble begins.

Thats right Joan. Love your neighbour not drop bombs on them but it is the difference in beliefs that seem to stir people into a frenzy of killing.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Mmmm, why am I not surprised at that? ?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Sorry Liz my lysdexia's on form and as always I end up with the wrong end of stick so I apologies for the mistake, :oops:, right now anyway it also looks like somone has just got hoisted by their own petard.

Nice word Petard it's French for Cannon you know, that's why I like it coz my family came over with the Norman invasion in the 11 hundreds, in fact we liked it so much here we stayed and now I'm fully integrated and am an English man through and through, well all apart from my deep love of Garlic, and I get this odd urge to set fire to lorries full of sheep from time to time :o !.

Please note no animals were harmed in the making of this post.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    you mad mad man lol
    Sacre bleur :o
    You are a closet frog :shock:

Haha

My ancestors originate from the ancient moss on ye olde English ground.

From the dawn of time they came, moving silently among us. Haha
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    Options
    Yep afraid so you daft Northern English kniggit, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!. Now go ,away or I shall taunt you a second time you silly English K-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-niggit.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!..

Never mind Tony, I like hamsters and elderberries, especially Yorkshire ones.....far better than those Oxfordshire garlic-smelling frogs in my opinion :roll: r015.gif :lol::lol:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    Options
    Oh thats it pick on the immigrant why don't you!. :lol:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    too right. Bloody southerner lol :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony