New knee 28th December

Options
2»

Comments

• chookgate
    chookgate Member Posts: 146
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options

House Rule 2. The forum is not a shop so please don’t advertise or promote products and services on the forum in any way

Didn't know the rule, and didn't consider it advertising - just advice as to where to get useful equipment. So I'll just say, there are plenty of places on the internet where you can buy competitively priced ice packs in various types and sizes and much more useful than those available from chemists - just use an internet search engine to find them.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Carol
    You are having a rough time, and I do think these physio forget to treat us like individuals, I am glad to see that this week is a little better...and I do wish you a speedy recovery....or more to the point a good one..you take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You are still in the early days but I am sure that now you are home things will start to feel better - home is psychologically so important and far more restful than hospital. Let us know how you are getting on, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Wish you well Carol with your recovery,as this is your second tkr you know the drill.
  • babytiger
    babytiger Member Posts: 360
    Options
    Hi Carol,
    Just want to wish you well with your knee and hope all is going well with the physio . Gotta go through all that again in a matter of weeks
    Eileen
  • caroldeeg
    caroldeeg Member Posts: 51
    Options
    I went to see the physio terrorists this morning and he was really pleased with me. I have a knee bend of 90 degrees which for less than 2 weeks is very good.
    My staples come out tomorrow so hopefully I'm on the mend.
    Good to hear from u all.
    Carol
  • Mutley1964
    Mutley1964 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    caroldeeg wrote:
    I went to see the physio terrorists this morning and he was really pleased with me. I have a knee bend of 90 degrees which for less than 2 weeks is very good.
    My staples come out tomorrow so hopefully I'm on the mend.
    Good to hear from u all.
    Carol

Now I know I shouldn't be jealous of someone else's progress but I AM SO JEALOUS! I'm nearly 6 weeks post op and still can't manage 90 degree's :-(
    On the positive side I had dissolveable stitches so at least I didn't have staples to worry about :-) Wishing you all the best in your recovery Carol x
  • caroldeeg
    Options
    I had my staples out this morning . Because i was on blood thinning injections I bled really badly. So now I feel like having a good weep .
    I'm tired and sore so I'm going to have a couple if hours in bed.
    I hope I feel a bit brighter later.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am so sorry that you had a rough time with the staples - I completely empathise with that, I always found it the hardest bit. Rest up now, coddle, cosset and comfort yourself in what ever way you can and I hope you soon feel brighter. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Good decision, Carol. It's all done and dusted now. You can relax.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Carol

Wow 90% at 2 weeks is brilliant! I only had about 70% so I am a tad green of your quick progress! Im sorry you bled quite a but with the staple removal, I had 28 to take out but I just watched the district nurse do it in amazement...Have to admit felt like frankstein's mate afterwards but its healing good now at 11weeks....
    Youre entitled to your wee weep me dear....Enjoy the rest!

Elainexx
    caroldeeg wrote:
    I had my staples out this morning . Because i was on blood thinning injections I bled really badly. So now I feel like having a good weep .
    I'm tired and sore so I'm going to have a couple if hours in bed.
    I hope I feel a bit brighter later.
  • chookgate
    chookgate Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Hope the bleeding was just from where the staples were!? I had a few points down my knee bleed when they came out - fortunately not too much. The nurse said "I'll just clean that up before I put a dressing on". I thought she meant with a wet wipe or something - no she used dry cotton wool - that was pretty painful having her wipe quite hard at my traumatised knee! (I had 25 clips in the first knee and 35 in the second - not going to have matching scars! :( )
  • caroldeeg
    Options
    The bleeding was from where the staples were and I have had to keep a dressing on it for an extra 3 days because of it. I've been injecting myself with blood thinners too which doesn't help. But all that is in the past now .
    My new knee is improving . I can walk quite well but still on crutches. Of course it still hurts but I'm not feeling like walking on broken glass anymore.
    But progress is being made and I'm feeling much stronger . I must say I'm being very spoiled by my better half & that helps lots.
    We are venturing out for coffee this morning . Progress !!!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    caroldeeg wrote:
    I must say I'm being very spoiled by my better half & that helps lots.

It certainly does, Carol. The more you can save your energy for the important stuff - exercises and recovery - the smoother it will go. You sound to be doing very well now.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright