VAL

Options

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Like SW say only two to go Val...I do hope today is not to bad....carry on thinking how those baddies are suffering...((((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well having pj day not at my best to be honest and it cold out roll on spring val
    val
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I think PJs are probably the best solution to a day like today, Val. It's well below freezing here. If you're body is asking for rest, let it have rest. Chemo does flatten you and you need time to recover. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Val hope you are ok today...... pjs all round ...the weathers not fit for much else! sending you some (((( )))) :)
    Ruby
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    And another one over and done with. Hope you've managed to get plenty of rest today Val and that you're not feeling too bad. Pjs are the best thing for this weather.
    Christine
  • valval
    Options
    be warned this moan today thought would nip to supermarket just around corner blokes have been doing great doing all shopping but we were out of quite a few bits so took trolly telling my self would not go mad ok so i saw some big bottles of water (last time had snow blowing water went off so just incase) needed juice and potatoe ok o got far to much nearly passed out fetching it home :oops: had to lay down before unpacking and even now tins are waiting to go away and still feel dizzy and sick will i ever learn no stuborn middle name will i tell steve no way he will hand cuff me to bed hugs to all val
    val
  • barbara12
    Options
    Val honestly...but what can I say..stubborn comes in sometimes...but please not at this min...rest is good when the body is trying to recover from something...you reminded me when you said PJs...my GDs have these onesies and at the weekend they don't always take um off.. unless going out...I am really tempted to get one...watch this space...and you take care..or else we will bring Trish round ..you have been warned.... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Val honestly...but what can I say..stubborn comes in sometimes...but please not at this min...rest is good when the body is trying to recover from something...you reminded me when you said PJs...my GDs have these onesies and at the weekend they don't always take um off.. unless going out...I am really tempted to get one...watch this space...and you take care..or else we will bring Trish round ..you have been warned.... :)

do not tell she will get me with the brolly
    val
  • barbara12
    Options
    valval wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:

do not tell she will get me with the brolly
    To late shes on her way so get on that blinking settee.... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Val...Why oh why did you do this. Do you carry a card with you saying you've had chemo? I know how you feel wanting to get out and do things yourself but try and be sensible. You are nearly at the end...don't ruin all that hard slog....not sure where I got that word from.
    Take care dear Val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Bless your heart. OK, so you misjudged things but so what? We all do, you've realised it, you've rested and your secret is safe with us. Well done to your men for keeping things ticking over, it's not summat that comes naturally to the male of the species and it may make them realise just how much you have been doing. Remember this: stop when you think you can do more. Always. ((((())))) xxx DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    It's probably the stubbornness, as much as anything, that's getting you through this, Val, but, please, leave the spuds, bottled water and juice to your men in future. I know it's just lovely to feel 'normal' and do normal things but do be careful. ((()))
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Aw Val!!

You rest up now - you did well to get out at all in this weather and with the chemo and all :?

I promise faithfully - not a WORD to Trisher :? No WAY do I ever want to see that BROLLEY again :shock:

Love and strength

Toni xxx
  • applerose
    Options
    Oh Val, please look after yourself. Mind you, I'd have probably done the same. Rest, rest and more rest now. Steve will handcuff you to the bed? Have you two been reading 50 Shades? :lol:
    Christine
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    applerose wrote:
    Steve will handcuff you to the bed? Have you two been reading 50 Shades? :lol:

I think Val could write a much better book- 50 Shades of Determination :D

I hope that you're feeling better now, Val. Take care, and don't push yourself too hard.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    Options
    applerose wrote:
    Oh Val, please look after yourself. Mind you, I'd have probably done the same. Rest, rest and more rest now. Steve will handcuff you to the bed? Have you two been reading 50 Shades? :lol:

sister in law gave me 2 of them to read but well the writting so small it impossible so have given up and i read anything with words in love my kindle and the way it allows me to make print bigger. so down loaded a 99p book lol val
    val
  • valval
    Options
    thankyou all it does help to have you to moan to now do i clear paths ok no will leave it to the others i promis (i think )
    am frustrated joints move can bath so easy this year and move great but no energy to do the jobs that have not been able to do while arther has been bad kitchen cupboards need washing and sorting steve sorted one but other needs doing with luck arther will stay in remision for while after energy comes back val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    I will give you a hand with the cupboards Val.....

h073.gif

Hopefully as you say the joints will behave awhile AFTER you feel better :wink:

I love my kindle too

Love

Toni xxx
  • valval
    Options
    tony cupboards looking so good the lads would do them but well you know it my kitchen and hate letting any one else touch it get your head straight girl i can hear you say but i have to keep going or will give up and need the exercise so will keep doing what i can walked into town today and pottered for hour then home and nap just wish had few more spoons this chemo worse than arther for pinching them val
    val
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Half a dozen serving spoons and a couple of ladles winging their way to you, Val. Take care. (())
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The arthritis may be subdued but hells bells girl, so's you. Chemo is strong stuff so please, PLEASE, do not push yourself so hard that you make yourself iller than you need. I've dug out a dozen soup spoons we no longer need but I'll only send them one at a time, OK? :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • applerose
    Options
    I've got a couple of tablespoons you can have for now. Will see if there are any more lurking in the drawer.
    Christine
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Val what are you like!! Get the 50 shades trilogy on your kindle get snuggled on the settee with blanket and don't move till you have finished all 3 books!! There is no way your going anywhere with this snow!! If you even attempt I will send the barmy army with several umbella's!! Take Care, stay warm! ((((HUGS))))
  • valval
    Options
    bless you all popped to supermarket with steve this morning it was ace getting out in snow and it is 5 min around corner so no effort. well not much steve had shopping trolly and would not let me pull it or carry anything back so was lovely to get out and get fresh air.
    to day mouth ulcers, runs and well bladder :oops: it no fun this but have got more energy and am napping often eating health with odd sweet thrown in numbness not any worse in hands so far so that good news still got hairy arms but non on legs and not much on head(have shaved what is there lol) it so hard to understand all this but if you ever have to go through this do not panic you can cope and there is so much suport and it is not as bad as you feel it will be ok it not easy but well you all cope with worse every day and it has kicked arther into remision for now yay val
    val
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Val you are bloomin' marvelous and I admire your spirit so much! To mention others when you're in the middle of all your treatment is so selfless. You inspire me and so many people. :D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'