ATOS at it again

Options
villier
villier Member Posts: 4,426
edited 16. Jan 2013, 23:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
I finally got my assement letter through today from DWP, I am absolutely blazing mad I have never read such s**t in all my life, for instance I supposedly advised the HCP that I catherterise my self due to constipation :shock: sorry I think that will be due to my bladder not working properly, then there is I suffer from dizzy spells and do not have blackouts which I have done once and ended up in hospital for the night and could easily happen again, oh! my god and I managed to take a tissue out of my bag whoopy doopy and the list goes on, there is no mention of me getting IVIG treatment every three weeks the HCP said to me I get it every three months :shock: although she did apologise when I corrected her,also no mention of the arthritis in my hands or the fact I had a splint on due to my operation. The thing I am most chuffin mad about is they have now stopped my money from the 8/1 and this is me just getting word today, although someone was unsuccessful in getting me on the 9/1, oh, and where was I, in hospital getting my infusion, my money wont start again until they get the appeal form back, I will have to get a crisis loan I was told. I have worked for nearly forty years full time as I was never blessed with children and would love to work but tried a job six months ago and had to leave after a few weeks, when it came to having to crawl up my stairs and hardly able to open my door enough was enough, I don't know how they can justify no points at all...................right rant over sorry for screed, feel a lot better now that's off my chest...............Marie xx
Smile a while and while you smile
smile another smile and soon there
will be miles and miles of smiles
just because you smiled I wish your
day is full of Smiles
«1

Comments

  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Marie

    I am so sorry to read this...How can they award you no points whatsoever at all? Its very obvious from your post below that you have various issues and they are applauding you for getting a tissue out of your bag - what has the world come to? FFS!!
    Its awful how they stopped your money too without telling you, they obviously made no real attempt to really contact you thoroughly...I sincerely hope you get that appeal form in ASAP because as soon as they recieve it, they have to re-instate your money whilst you appeal. Please get help from CAB or other places?
    I cant say anything other than Im disgusted on your behalf...
    I can only offer a friendly ((hug)) to you my dear...Fight them all the way...

    Elainexx
    villier wrote:
    I finally got my assement letter through today from DWP, I am absolutely blazing mad I have never read such s**t in all my life, for instance I supposedly advised the HCP that I catherterise my self due to constipation :shock: sorry I think that will be due to my bladder not working properly, then there is I suffer from dizzy spells and do not have blackouts which I have done once and ended up in hospital for the night and could easily happen again, oh! my god and I managed to take a tissue out of my bag whoopy doopy and the list goes on, there is no mention of me getting IVIG treatment every three weeks the HCP said to me I get it every three months :shock: although she did apologise when I corrected her,also no mention of the arthritis in my hands or the fact I had a splint on due to my operation. The thing I am most chuffin mad about is they have now stopped my money from the 8/1 and this is me just getting word today, although someone was unsuccessful in getting me on the 9/1, oh, and where was I, in hospital getting my infusion, my money wont start again until they get the appeal form back, I will have to get a crisis loan I was told. I have worked for nearly forty years full time as I was never blessed with children and would love to work but tried a job six months ago and had to leave after a few weeks, when it came to having to crawl up my stairs and hardly able to open my door enough was enough, I don't know how they can justify no points at all...................right rant over sorry for screed, feel a lot better now that's off my chest...............Marie xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Marie I am so sorry, they certainly have it in for us...very easy targets we are.
    It disgusting hoe they can blatantly lie or change what you have said.
    You rant away ...at the very least you have us lot that care about you.
    I just hope they get your money sorted ,like Elaine says get some help of cab.
    Barbara who is disgusted with this country xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,731
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm sorry, Marie. I hope, when you get this sorted properly - and I know you will - you will put in a proper complaint. This should not be allowed to continue.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • gilly1957
    gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Marie

    This is awful and is happening to a lot of people,including me a couple of years ago.

    The most important thing to put on the form to say you want to appeal is that you want to claim ESA while you wait for your appeal or they won't give it to you, It will be at the lower rate that your on before your asement.

    Do go to CAB if you have access to one, they were brilliant when I appealed.

    Gill
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ye gods. :x Write to your MP, contact your local press, name and shame these beaurocratic numpties. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    oh Marie so sorry to hear this, one wonders what the world is comming to whatever you do appeal do dont let them get away with it. sending supportive (((((hugs)))).
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Awe honey, that's dreadful, a catalogue of shocking mistakes. On a slightly brighter note, their many errors make it sound like you have good grounds with the appeal but you really shouldn't have to go down that route. Good luck and a big hug to help you through. Love LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Marie

    I am so sorry to read this...How can they award you no points whatsoever at all? Its very obvious from your post below that you have various issues and they are applauding you for getting a tissue out of your bag - what has the world come to? FFS!!
    Its awful how they stopped your money too without telling you, they obviously made no real attempt to really contact you thoroughly...I sincerely hope you get that appeal form in ASAP because as soon as they recieve it, they have to re-instate your money whilst you appeal. Please get help from CAB or other places?
    I cant say anything other than Im disgusted on your behalf...
    I can only offer a friendly ((hug)) to you my dear...Fight them all the way...

    Elainexx
    villier wrote:
    I finally got my assement letter through today from DWP, I am absolutely blazing mad I have never read such s**t in all my life, for instance I supposedly advised the HCP that I catherterise my self due to constipation :shock: sorry I think that will be due to my bladder not working properly, then there is I suffer from dizzy spells and do not have blackouts which I have done once and ended up in hospital for the night and could easily happen again, oh! my god and I managed to take a tissue out of my bag whoopy doopy and the list goes on, there is no mention of me getting IVIG treatment every three weeks the HCP said to me I get it every three months :shock: although she did apologise when I corrected her,also no mention of the arthritis in my hands or the fact I had a splint on due to my operation. The thing I am most chuffin mad about is they have now stopped my money from the 8/1 and this is me just getting word today, although someone was unsuccessful in getting me on the 9/1, oh, and where was I, in hospital getting my infusion, my money wont start again until they get the appeal form back, I will have to get a crisis loan I was told. I have worked for nearly forty years full time as I was never blessed with children and would love to work but tried a job six months ago and had to leave after a few weeks, when it came to having to crawl up my stairs and hardly able to open my door enough was enough, I don't know how they can justify no points at all...................right rant over sorry for screed, feel a lot better now that's off my chest...............Marie xx

    Thanks Elaine I suspect I wont get the appeal form until Monday but rest assured I will be at the CAB straight away, the tissue thing was more or less calling me a liar as I said I have problems with picking things up and also drop things quite a lot, if she had read it properly it would have stated thinks like coins smaller finer objects hard to do buttons etc, anyway we will see what happens on Monday, thanks for the reply huni xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Marie I am so sorry, they certainly have it in for us...very easy targets we are.
    It disgusting hoe they can blatantly lie or change what you have said.
    You rant away ...at the very least you have us lot that care about you.
    I just hope they get your money sorted ,like Elaine says get some help of cab.
    Barbara who is disgusted with this country xx


    Thanks Barbara I will certainly be writing to them for the full report to see what other lies that have been told, like you I am also disgusted with this country xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm sorry, Marie. I hope, when you get this sorted properly - and I know you will - you will put in a proper complaint. This should not be allowed to continue.

    Thanks Sticky you are right it should not be allowed to continue but unfortunately it will and will only get worse, makes me sick xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    gilly1957 wrote:
    Marie

    This is awful and is happening to a lot of people,including me a couple of years ago.

    The most important thing to put on the form to say you want to appeal is that you want to claim ESA while you wait for your appeal or they won't give it to you, It will be at the lower rate that your on before your asement.

    Do go to CAB if you have access to one, they were brilliant when I appealed.

    Gill


    Thanks Gill I certainly will do that although the person I spoke to on the phone said I would automatically get ESA again until the appeal, I only got the lower rate before, will definately be at CAB as soon as
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Ye gods. :x Write to your MP, contact your local press, name and shame these beaurocratic numpties. DD


    Thanks DD methinks it would be a waste of time and energy, although I may drop a line to my local MP even if it's just to see what twaddle they come up with xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Turbogran wrote:
    oh Marie so sorry to hear this, one wonders what the world is comming to whatever you do appeal do dont let them get away with it. sending supportive (((((hugs)))).

    Thanks Carol I definately will be appealing although with no points whatsoever think I may not have any chance in winning but I am going to give it a go xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Awe honey, that's dreadful, a catalogue of shocking mistakes. On a slightly brighter note, their many errors make it sound like you have good grounds with the appeal but you really shouldn't have to go down that route. Good luck and a big hug to help you through. Love LV xx

    Thanks LV it will be interesting to see what other crap they have written on the full report which I am going to be writing for, hopefully as you say with there errors it may go in my favour, the doctor that day was very harrassed and running 40 mins late as she kept apologising, I also asked her if she new about my neurological condition as it is very very rare she just changed the subject I felt she hadn't much of a clue what she was dealing with............... a big hug to you and the sprogs :lol: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I really do know how you are feeling. My husband is disabled and receives dla as well. Just after xmas he got a letter saying that his esa was stopping from boxing day. He contacted them and explained his situation and that he had not even been offered an assessment. And of course, they said that he would have to go through an assessement but would receive no money until this had been done. We only have my benefit coming in now which as you can imagine is not enough. And I, myself am waiting for an assessement.

    My husband was advised to appeal straight away, which he has done. So lets hope you and my hubby get things sorted out very soon eh.

    Let us know when you hear something and I shall do the same.
    Karen xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,655
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Marie :(

    I am so so sorry. I am sick and tired of hearing such dreadful stories - well they aren't stories they are people's LIVES :shock:

    I am sorry I seem to have missed this thread, but I do hope that your apeal is successful as I expect it to be. Please do let us knwo how things go.

    Karen - Fingers crossed they sort your hubby out too asap. Over Christmas too :roll:

    I am disgusted

    Love

    Toni xxx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    constable wrote:
    I really do know how you are feeling. My husband is disabled and receives dla as well. Just after xmas he got a letter saying that his esa was stopping from boxing day. He contacted them and explained his situation and that he had not even been offered an assessment. And of course, they said that he would have to go through an assessement but would receive no money until this had been done. We only have my benefit coming in now which as you can imagine is not enough. And I, myself am waiting for an assessement.

    My husband was advised to appeal straight away, which he has done. So lets hope you and my hubby get things sorted out very soon eh.

    Let us know when you hear something and I shall do the same.

    Karen thats aweful, I am going to CAB today to help me with the appeal form and will get it sent off as soon as, and am going to write to them for the full face to face report to see what other information the harrassed doctor got wrong, keep us posted how things are going,I will too, good luck...........tc...........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Oh Marie :(

    I am so so sorry. I am sick and tired of hearing such dreadful stories - well they aren't stories they are people's LIVES :shock:

    I am sorry I seem to have missed this thread, but I do hope that your apeal is successful as I expect it to be. Please do let us knwo how things go.

    Karen - Fingers crossed they sort your hubby out too asap. Over Christmas too :roll:

    I am disgusted

    Love

    Toni xxx

    Thanks Toni appreciate your reply, I feel sorry for others that are even worse than me and getting told fit for work, you are right totally disgusting.................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It dont matter if there's folk worse than you Marie the fact is youve had to get a crisis loan which probably isnt much at all! When you go to CAB for piece of mind id send the appeal thing recorded delivery to get it there quicker for you as they can re-instate money as soon as they recieve it (well so they say)...

    Chin Up Kid!

    Elainexx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thats what we did with Tonies letter, sent it Recorded delivery. It also means that they cant deny receiving it because they have to sign for it.

    Marie, have you got you'rs done yet???

    Btw, we have already heard from our local council and already we have been relieved of paying council tax and housing. Which will make a big difference. Until we hear further.
    Karen xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Karen I'm sure Tony should be paid an assessment rate while waiting for a medical.


    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

    Define yourself........

    Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have read about people with zero points appealing and being awarded more points and therefore being awarded ESA.


    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

    Define yourself........

    Harvey Fierstein
  • ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Marie

    Just read through all your woes. In my own case, I put in an appeal against my 0 points in December and just waiting to hear the verdict. However, even though they said I would not get any more ESA, in fact I got a letter to say I would get it and it's been paid. I think this is being paid pending the appeal.

    Hope yours gets sorted out quickly

    Shula
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    constable wrote:
    I really do know how you are feeling. My husband is disabled and receives dla as well. Just after xmas he got a letter saying that his esa was stopping from boxing day. He contacted them and explained his situation and that he had not even been offered an assessment. And of course, they said that he would have to go through an assessement but would receive no money until this had been done. We only have my benefit coming in now which as you can imagine is not enough. And I, myself am waiting for an assessement.

    My husband was advised to appeal straight away, which he has done. So lets hope you and my hubby get things sorted out very soon eh.

    Let us know when you hear something and I shall do the same.

    Hi Karen

    Sorry for not getting back sooner have been a wee bit under the weather, I have been to CAB who were very helpful they even filled in the form for me and have requested for me to be paid ESA while waiting on the appeal, in your case not having had an assessment yet I really don't know what the situation is, speak to someone at CAB they should be able to help you, I will let you know when I hear anything else x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Oh Marie :(

    I am so so sorry. I am sick and tired of hearing such dreadful stories - well they aren't stories they are people's LIVES :shock:

    I am sorry I seem to have missed this thread, but I do hope that your apeal is successful as I expect it to be. Please do let us knwo how things go.

    Karen - Fingers crossed they sort your hubby out too asap. Over Christmas too :roll:

    I am disgusted

    Love

    Toni xxx

    Toni thank you for your support, I certainly am going to fight them all the way I think I am due something back after forty years, although, I would rather have my health than be in this situation like many more I'm sure xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles