Here's the plan Part Two.

Options
2»

Comments

• kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Don't they all do this fiddling thing and how do they steer while putting on their seatbelts. I can't do it.Mine has sometimes done 2 right turns before he puts his on.He also thinks de-icer makes his windsceen smear and my bug bear at the moment is he can't be bothered to put his slippers on properly so hes walking on the backs....Why?
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Not only does he fiddle with the controls while driving
    The occasional time I let him in my car :lol: he fiddles with the controls
    of it while I'm driving :roll:
    The heating and any controls he can get his hands on :x
    Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    500 stairs in one day? Wow, I think I need a rest thinking about that DD.

Just picturing the igloo driving about. My next door neighbour did that the other day when he was taking the kids to school. My son does the seatbelt thing. He said he needs to get the car going first. :shock:
    Christine
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Why do they do that knob fiddling thing? and the seatbelt thing!! My OH often feels the need to eat a banana, peeling it whilst steering with his knees!!!
  • sugarbuttie
    sugarbuttie Member Posts: 225
    Options
    Guess what i dropped the other day....a full bottle of whiskey......yes.....i was reaching into the c
    risps cupboard for a pack bang ......smashed bottle all ova floor......
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Not only does he fiddle with the controls while driving
    The occasional time I let him in my car :lol: he fiddles with the controls
    of it while I'm driving :roll:

:o In the days when I used to drive, that would have been grounds for divorce :) Mind you, there was no stopping him stamping regularly on his imaginary brake :lol:
    Why do they do that knob fiddling thing?

No comment :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ah Hileena, if I'm driving Miss Daisy then he feels it's perfectly OK to adjust my radio, heater, air vents and to sprawl so that I bang his knee when I'm changing gear. Woe betide me if I try anything like that in his motor.

Numpty my love, it's because they can. :wink:

Sugar, maybe it's time to move the whiskey to another cupboard?

So, last night we were venturing forth to Colchester (which basically means after setting off we turn left a few times and end up on the westbound A12). I have learned over the years not to mention htat he may be going the wrong way when driving, it was only when we had whizzed through the town centre and were heading for Asda (to the north of Ipswich) he asked

'Where am I supposed to be going?'

'Colchester,' I replied.

'Then why am I here? Why didn't you say something?'

'Why didn't I say something? Hmmm, two reasons. First 'cos you're driving and should therefore be paying attention and second, if I do, you always ask 'Who's driving this car?''

'But I'm going in the wrong direction, you should'a said something.'

'I refer my Honourable Friend to the first part of my answer.' I repleid.

'Yeah, well I am but I'm not.'

As we sailed along the A12 we passed Junction 28, the one that is used for reaching the 'new' ground for Colchester United. He said

'That's a new junction.'

'No it's not, it's been there since they opened the new ground.'

'That's not at this bit,' he replied, immmediately followed as we sped by it 'Oh, there it is.'

How the blazes does he get to work and back without taking various detours?Or maybe he does and that is why it takes him so long to commute, it's not the fact that the A140 is a ridiculous road, it's the fact he wanders around much of East Anglia trying to get to his destination. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I have learned over the years not to mention htat he may be going the wrong way when driving,

They don't 'go the wrong way'. They 'take alternative routes' (which sometimes go in the wrong direction.

I, too, have noticed that motorways sometimes add, move or remove exits when he's driving.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Oh No....they dont take the wrong route......good grief!!!
    In our car.....they take the scenic route!!!!
    Dare to say we are lost??? We aren't lost...we just aren't where we should be!!!!!

Love
    Hileena
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Well I'm a rare lucky bird because my hubby does nearly all the cooking in our household and he's very OCD about the kitchen and all things practical so even cleaning, loading dishwasher and washing up plus shopping all get scrutinised which actually really hacks me off so there is a price to be paid for living with a domestic God :roll:

DD those stairs must count for an awful lot I feel so be proud. Maybe you could get hubby wired up somehow so all you need to do to alert 'im upstairs to the readiness of dinner is to press a buzzer and he buzzes? My sisters are both deaf and have all sorts of gadgets of this ilk but you could probably just put an old dog collar round his ankle and attach a length of string and a bell - or make him keep a mobile in his pocket (seeing as he's so hi tec these days) switched on silent vibrate rather than having to turn into Prof Brainstorm?

My exercise of the afternoon (and there's no snow at all up here please mind!) is to do step aerobics on the Nintendo Wii while watching Borgen for 30mins. Then another 30 mins doing gentle yoga etc. It not only taxes body but even more so the brain - trying to keep up with Danish political drama in subtitles at the same time as ogling my computer generated personal trainer out of the corner of one eye and stretching bits and pieces in all directions while being ginger re lower back. I'm quite exhausted now and there's still the washing up to be done - simply in order to have my Nigella man redo it all as soon as my back's turned. :?

Ps and re your driving/ passenger experience mine is a complete control freak about the car too. If he slides on a bit ofice into a granite boulder we say very little but if I go up on a pavement or forget to out the handbrake on we never ever stop hearing about it.
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Mat48 my OH is the same as you! He likes to be chef and does cook amazing food! And he has a OCD to cleanliness!! We do employ a cleaner but he goes round when she has been and any little spot she has missed he is on it hover,duster or mop! And as I've said before he can't sit still of a weekend! He has to be doing something! I'm blessed to have such a talented man my whole family tell me all the time, he is Mr D.I.Y! And he has done a 6mnth plan he is fixing all the cracks in the wall, (from a botch job a plasterer did when we 1st moved in!) Then will paint all the walls down stairs, then paint the ceiling,coving and woodwork, then get new carpet and a new pair of settee's. And while that is being done he is getting a firm to come and block pave the front of the house in the spring! But funnily enough he has already started on fixing the cracks in the wall and decided just touching up where he has fixed the cracks will only be needed instead of doing all the walls and is now on to the 2nd coat of doing that so the 6mnth plan has been shortened to a 4mnth plan!!
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Glad yours actually does what he sets out to at least. Mine is all ambition but nothing actually happens for a long time - it took 2 years to get the freezer fixed and now we have a broken oven and a broken toilet. I'm dragging him into town this afternoon when he wakes off a nightshift in order to get the plumber and choose a cooker because otherwise I'll wait two years for both!
    Mx
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Just going back to OH and cars etc.
    We are going over to N. Ireland for my Mams 90th birthday...24th March.
    We have just discovered that he is having a foot operation on the 20th March
    I doubt that he'll be able to drive from here to Scotland to get the ferry. If we fly over he is going to be stuck in the house and is going to go mad :shock:
    I suggested he ask the secretary how long it would be before he could drive?
    The next thing I know is....he has rung the hospital and is booking the ferry.
    Does that give the impression that they said he could drive??? It did me. It was only yesterday that he said he might not be able to. But but but!!!!! :?
    "I never said i could drive" he says.
    What did the hospital say?
    They were putting a boot on it???? So like Mr DD {not having much experience of NHS except through me} he decided that meant he could drive :?
    I have to drive him in for the op and home again......I discovered i had an appt the same day :roll: I asked him what time his was....couldnt find the letter. I suggested he ring the appts dept and confirm the time....Would he??? Would he heck!!!!! He's fantastic normally but why do they have to be so bl..dy minded at times :(
    On the day of the op it is going to be interesting :lol: so you are going in at what time???? :lol:
    Sorry.....just a rant.
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Planet Bloke. It's a weird place, it appears to be based in the same universe as our planet but on a parallel orbit. We are due to be going away for a week on 09 February and he grandly announced this morning that he will drive. Three weeks after the appendectomy when all the notes say driving is not an option for four - six weeks for insurance reasons? That rule is for mere mortals, not him. Or maybe it's because we will have to go in Daisy and a lavender-blue Micra is not good for one's masculine image. Diddums. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    It might be that the lovely Mr DD is nattered about the effect on your joints if you drive there. I do think that will be a factor but, as you've clearly pinpointed, he is a bloke, nuff said :roll: I, too, am married to a bloke and it is patently clear that, in the strange areas of their own heads, they know that rules are for mere idiotic mortals, not for sensible chaps like them. If you find a cure you will be a rich woman.
    Steven Wright