Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Happy birthday numptynora

migmig Posts: 7,150
edited 30. Jan 2013, 07:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
A very happy birthday hope you have a great day. Mig

Comments

• LignumVitaeLignumVitae Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Happy birthday from me too! Have a lovely day and keep warm. LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,943 ✭✭
    Wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY Numpty...I hope you have a lovely day xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • numptynoranumptynora Posts: 780
    Thank you so much for the Birthday wishes, it's helped cheer me up, I'm feeling very sad today, I had to say goodbye to my precious Beu (my Burmese cat) yesterday, I feel so empty inside, I had to say goodbye to my other cat, Custard, at the beginning of the month, I can't believe how big the hole is that they leave behind.
    Thank you again

Numps x
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
    That's so sad Numps. Here's a big (((((((()))))))) to help you with that. My cat leapt up to heaven in October, they are such huge characters for such tiny things. I bet your two lived the best of lives and in total luxury so let that be a comfort, there are so many cats in shelters who have had a rough time and no love but your two got the best of lives. Lots of love, LV xx
  • bubbadogbubbadog Posts: 5,852
    Oh Numpty I'm so sorry to hear about your beau & custard, To loose one is bad enough but 2 within a month that's just awful. As you know I lost my bubba last June. The hole that made in my heart was big and I still miss him now the house is so quiet without him.
    I want to wish you a happy birthday but it's far from a happy day. Take Care, if you ever wanna chat about beau & custard please PM me and we can talk about our beautiful cats, it does help alittle. I send you a big (((((HUG))))) for today.
    Thank you bubba and LV, I've found a place that has unwanted breeding cats-they've served their purpose and are surplus to requirements!- so I've contacted someone with a Snow Bengal, perhaps I can help to give her a 'luxury retirement', lets hope so.

numps x
    Numps x
  • villiervillier Posts: 4,426
    Awe numps sorry to hear about your Beau and Custard losing both of them within a short space of time, sending some ((((()))))s for you, hope you have as nice a birthday as you can.........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • PowerOnPowerOn Posts: 200
    Happy Birthday numptynora, sorry about your cats, they do leave quite a hole in your heart when they go.
    The new to you cat will, I'm sure, enjoy a well earned retirement.
    Best joke I ever read, "With that information and a diagnosis of spondylosis, your doctor can develop a treatment plan‏" or back in reality totally ignore you. Is ok I have a sense of humour and a boxing glove, not defeated yet.
  • moderatormoderator Posts: 4,082 mod
    Dear Numptynora,

Happy Birthday to you from all the Mod Team and the Webmanager

YEH
  • NumptydumptyNumptydumpty Posts: 6,494
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Numps,
    I hope you had a lovely day,
    Numpty
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 26,327 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh Numps I am sorry :(

t3332.gif

belated happy birthday from me

Toni xx
    Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,998 ✭✭✭
    :oops: I'm sorry I missed your birthday, Numps, and even more so about your cats. I hope you managed to get the Snow Bengal.
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
    :oops: I'm sorry I missed your birthday, Numps, and even more so about your cats. I hope you managed to get the Snow Bengal.

Up Date on cats,

Foolishly (maybe) I listened to someone who, between sucking air between his teeth and stuttering a bit, told me that Bengals don't get on with other cats. It's interesting because I was told that Burmese don't get on with other cats but mine instantly took to my first cat, a moggy, and they welcomed the lodger when he moved in, another moggy!
    I'm not sure whether to go back to the Bengal or to sleep on it a bit longer, trouble is, my little Lilly is getting rather anxious cos there's no one for her to fuss over.
    Does anyone have any thoughts please?

Numps x
    Numps x
    I was always told cats don't get on with dogs but Billie Holliday is currently purring away tucked up with seven stone of hulking dalmatian. I think if you know your animals and you can take the time they need you can broker any peace treaty you need. When my husband's dog arrived from Australia I was assured she would be a cat killer..try a comfy cat cushion for them to sit in and watch TV! What does your heart say?
    My heart says 'do it' LV

so I'm going to

Numps x
    Numps x
    Yeay, that is good news, let me know how you all get on and remember, where there's a will there's a way. Billie Holliday arrived spitting and making all sorts of noises at dogs and now she thinks she is one, there were times I never thought that would happen. She even greets stranger dogs when they come here and takes no trouble from them too. I do have to encourage my youngest dog to remember she is a small cat sometimes as he likes to play with her like she is a pup. How exciting, I want to know all about your beautiful new addition! LVxx