Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Thank you gift

katekellykatekelly Posts: 975
edited 1. Feb 2013, 13:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
Ok Folks,

Whilst Ihave been so very poorly my friends have been amazing. -a couple of girls in pRticular and I want to get them a thank you gift. Have done the flowers and chocs in the past but would love to get them something different for a change -so what do you think?what says more than just thanks? They really are very special ladies.

Love
Kate xx

Comments

• stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,998 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Why not get each something they'd really like? After my first TKR I got chocs for the ward but the staff nurse had personally taken really good care of me. She loved playing tennis so I got her some good quality tennis balls. She was over the moon.
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • TurbogranTurbogran Posts: 1,968
    It really depends on there individual likes really but good luck u know what it's like trying to find presents when you want to give them something different.
    Take care
    Carol xx
  • villiervillier Posts: 4,426
    Do you think they would like a nice facial or something along the pampering line, I got a voucher for a salon before and got a lovely massage which I appreciated..................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • tkachevtkachev Posts: 8,332
    Yes I was going to suggest a pamper voucher.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 26,327 ✭✭✭✭
    Me too :D

A treatment I was going to suggest - not too expensive like nail manicure or something.

Love

Toni xxx

Ps If that's too expensive you could make them up a spa kit.Face pack, exfoliator etc one shop in particular often does 3 for 2 offers
    Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,943 ✭✭
    Kate how lovely ....could you not all go out together for a meal....or what I like is a hand written card saying just how much you appreciate what they have done for you.....and maybe a keepsake with it....
    I had one from my lovely friend and neighbour....I do love to read it now and then and it really came from the heart.x
    Love
    Barbara