Orencia

Options
kathe
kathe Member Posts: 183
edited 26. Mar 2013, 15:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
My doctor talks about putting me on Orencia by infusion and then injection...
Have anyboduy tried that?
Side effect?

Have you been better?
How long did it take to work??

Kathe

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I haven't tried it but I hope if they use it that it works well for you. It's other name is abatacept and it seems to be widely used in the USA. Good luck, love LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • kathe
    Options
    Thanks I hope that too...
    Had hoped that somebody in here was on it...
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    If you put 'abatacept' into the Arthritis Care search engine, some older threads come up.

Good luck on the rig today :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    I've cetainly heard of it Kathe

I so so hope it's the very medication for you and you feel better on it. Have you got a planned start date/tests to have first?

Oh and are you back at work now?

Love

Toni xxx
  • kathe
    Options
    Thank you, in norway it is winter vactions this weeks so my doctor is on holiday. So I dont now when I can start , talked to my nurse on thursday and she is holding an appointment on wednesday..So really hope that the doctor is up four that and I can start on wednesday. But are goring to call on monday and see..

Yes I`m back on the rig, not easy at all. But it was my choice , youst going to be out her 7 days this time..and not 14 as normal. Really having a hard time so the doctor dident agree and she is giving me sickdays the last week.And if I can start the medication on wednesday it will be great..
    The knee is not great at all after the cortions, really hurting and my anckel..But hope that will be better when I go home...

Cant waith calling them on monday and hear what plan the doctor has...:)
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Ah Kathe

7 days this time - not too long at least with you sufferring so much.

I also hope that you can start the infusion as early as Wednesday.

My fingers are crossed for you

Hang on in there!

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I hope the infusion is on for Wednesday, kathe. And I hope things aren't too difficult for you until then.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am thinking of you. ((())) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kathe
    Options
    Thank you so mutch..Great that your are there four me..
    Great to see you back dreamdaisy...:)
  • frogmorton
    Options
    kathe wrote:
    Thank you so mutch..Great that your are there four me..
    quote]

We are Kathe in spirit at least :D

Love

Toni xxx
  • kathe
    Options
    Starting Orencia by infusion wednesday the 27 feb. so 1 week from now ...So looking forward to that, talked to the hospital and doctor to day...Hopefully the Orencia will be available in injetion form her in Norway soon....
    Really hope that this is going to help me, four really struggling now...But the doctor told me that it cud take up to 3 moths before it works ..But hopefully it works soon....Really having a hard time, so looking forward to travel home from work tomorrow and have sickdays the last week...
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I hope you have a safe journey home and rest as much as you can when you get there. Your body is under a great deal of strain, it needs some comfort and stress-free time so put your feet up, turn the TV on, have a book to hand, do whatever you find relaxing and take things easy. Good luck on 27th, we'll be there in spirit. DD
  • kathe
    Options
    Thank you, I'm home. But of course whit my luck I got an urin infection , so antibioticks now .. Olso got My toa's fix again because they cud not heal on their own so the doctor fixed that to..

Tomorrrow I'm going four test in The hospital so I can get The Orencia on wednesday . Lokking foreward to that, but a bit scard to. Last time I got a new medication then cimzia I got real sick, really hope that orencia is going to help. . Really good to bee back home and on sick days, taking The time to read four the two exams I'm having in may..and slepes alot so tired at The moment, but The doctor think orencia will help on that, and maybe then I can reduce The prednisolon if orencia works.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Oh kathe, not a urine infection too. When we hit a bad patch everything seems to go wrong at once, doesn’t it? I hope the anti-bios are helping.

On the plus side, I’m glad your toes are finally healing and I do hope the test goes well tomorrow so that you can have the Orencia on Wednesday. I remember how sick you were on cimzia. Won’t it be lovely if this new one works and you can decrease the pred?
    Steven Wright
  • kathe
    Options
    Yes I'm feeling that The antibioticks is helping.. And thats great.,
    I really have high hopes four The orencia.. The cimzia was so bad four me, The doctor think it is way I'm so sick now becase I have been whit out biologic medicine that have helpt four so longe. It will be great if I can reduce The pred.. So lokking forward to that.. but the doctor say it can take up to 3 month before orencia give The full effect... She don't wont me to get dissapointed it The effect don't come right away..

A bit scared before My first infusion on wednesday, but Looking foreward to it to.. Youst two days away..
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Kathe

I am looking forward to it too for you :D

My fingers are crossed that this will be the answer for you.

2 more days to go :wink:

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm pleased the anti-bios are helping you to feel better and I hope that Wednesday goes well for you. I will be thinking of you and, although it may be while before things improve, I sincerely hope that this will be a forward step in treatment for you. One thing you do not lack is courage. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Kathe, I hope your infusion goes well today. I am thinking of you.
    Steven Wright
  • kathe
    Options
    Thanks. Had my first infusion on wednesday , it went well.. The infusion took youst 30 min but I was there four 3 hours.all The rest took a loot of time.. See The doctor and so...
    After The infusion I whent home.( actually I whent to buisineess school four some hours but had to go home because I was so sick, but I tried)

I got nausea and got really tired after the infusion. And my hand hurt four 2 days after.But the neausea and tired cud have been some tablets the nurse gave me because I have allergies before The infusion too. They will se next time if they can give me something so I don't get so nausea... Before the infusion I had to see a doctor to, she was great but I havent been to here before . So I hope that I told hear The most importent things, but I always feel like I have forgotten to tell something meating a new doctor. But she can read In My papers it I gave forgotten something .. I don't like new doctors.. It is so mutch easyer seeing going to The same..but I think you all know what I mean..

Going four My next infusion the 12/03 And blodtest and so The 11/03 The day before The infusion. So not long time, youst a littel week away..
    Whit orencia it is one infusion so The next after two weeks and so after 4 weeks and then 1 times a months..they told my..
    Really hope this is helping , because it is so mutch to go true..

Have a great weekend..
    Thank you again four thinking of My, you are all so great people.

Kathe
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Well done, kathe! I'm sorry you got so sick afterwards. It's so typical of your determination that you went on to your business school rather than going home to rest though I do sometimes worry that you don't rest enough.

You're right. It's always a bit disconcerting seeing a new doctor and so easy to forget important stuff.

I very much hope this helps you and I'll be willing you on for the next infusion.
    Steven Wright
  • kathe
    Options
    Thank you...
    Looking foreward to rest The comming weekend and week.. Youst beeing home reading and resting.. Really think I need it..like you say..
    So lokking foreward to The 12, it is not fare at all :-)
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    My admiration for you continues to grow - you are one plucky lady who is not going to let this disease and its treatments defeat you. I have been away over the week-end so am trying to catch up with things: I am so pleased you are at home over the coming week - make sure you rest as much as you can because these drugs can take a toll on the body (and the spirits). I wish you well for the twelfth and I hope all goes well for you. DD
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Well done Kathe

I hope as well that this orencia is the medication that finally kicks this disaese back where it should be.

Resting is exactly what you should be doing. I know new doctors can read your notes, but YOU don't kow THEM do you?

Fingers are crossed

love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Kathe
    I am so sorry I missed this, I see you have had your first infusion, suppose that is always the worse one..or is it now you know what you are in for.
    I will have everything crossed for you that it brings loads of relief..and make the most of that rest x
    Love
    Barbara
  • kathe
    Options
    Thank you.

I don't like getting a new doctor Toni, not at all. But she seems Nice, so hopefully it goes Well. It is the same hospital so the I had is still there youst not in The infusion department..so thats great...

Been home resting all weekend and reading. When out four a walk to day but My knees and anckels did not like that, but they don't like stay still either.
    Really hope orencia helps. Thd next infudion id on The 12,not fare..
    Hope that is goes better than the first..
    Kathe