Options
2»

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    kathe wrote:
    When out four a walk to day but My knees and anckels did not like that, but they don't like stay still either.
    Really hope orencia helps. Thd next infudion id on The 12,not fare..
    Hope that is goes better than the first..
    Kathe

Arthritis in a nutshell, kathe :roll:

I hope the next infusion goes well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kathe
    kathe Member Posts: 183
    Options
    Thank you.

Youst hope I can get The next infusion because I got a new urin infection to day so antibioticks again.. Really tired of this, The doctor think it is a side effect of all The meds , but she is sending me four a scan youst to see if My cidniess are ok..

Really hope The antibioticks helps and I can get thd orencia at The 12..

It is youst notting thats going My way. Cross My fingers that this infection clear fast.
    Kathe
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh, dammit. I've never been troubled in that way and that may - and I stress the MAY - be down to some advice my Mum gave me. When you think you have finished passing urine wait a little, stand up then sit again and maybe you will pass a little more. As we age the bladder doesn't empty as completely as in youth - now, I know you are very young compared to me but I have been doing this for some years now and so far so good. The urethra has a small kink in it just before its opening and urine can get trapped here - the standing up helps it to 'unkink'. The meds may play a part as well as they suppress our immune systems so we have litttle resistance to infections no matter how they start. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kathe
    Options
    Thank you..
    Now they found out that I dident had urin infection,
    They sent My urin away to a lab but it was fine, It shows youst a bit blood. But they think that it is a side effect from The orencia. But I'm going four a scan of The cidniess..

My next infusion is on tuesday and I can't wait, youst 2 days !!!
    Youst hope it goes better this time.
    Have to talk to My reaumadoctor about My hands and anckels too. Because they are fare from good.. Really have high hopes four tuesday..
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Apparently some people always have a little blood in their urine - I am one of those and have to tell whoever needs a urine sample that it's normal for me (I was sent to a genito-urinary clinic and they found no trouble apart from that). A kidney scan is a good idea, just to check that all is well.

I hope that Tuesday goes well for you and that things soon begin to improve. Take care and please let us know how you get on. DD
  • kathe
    Options
    Thank you. I have never had blood in My urin before so..
    But going to talk to the reumadoctor about it and take The scan.. Don't know when the scan will be but not to fare in The future I hope..

Yes really have high hopes four thuesday, I'll let you noe after.
    Kathe
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I hope it goes well for you on Tuesday. It's good that you don't have a urine infection and a good precaution to check your kidneys. I hope the hands and ankles improve too.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    How are you today, Kathe? I hope you are as OK as you can be and are all geared up for tomorrow - not long to go now! DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Wishing you all the best for tomorrow, kathe. I do hope it helps.
    Steven Wright
  • kathe
    Options
    Thank you. The infusion whent Well..
    My hands is a bitt a blue after but this time I got a neausea tablet before and some allergitablets. Got reall tired but thats all.. So whent home and slept four some hours.
    The doctor took a utrasone of My rists because they are bottering My so. But they was better to day than last but they are really bottering me.
    Nos it is youst wait and see if thd orencia helps..

Going back four next infusion 12 april ,thats fare.. I tought that I was going back a last time in two weeks but now..
    But not long to The 12 april ..
    Going four The scan at The 25 this month..

Kathe
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Infusions can make one very tired so it's best to rest and sleep if you need. So, a month until the next one, as you say that's not too far away. I am sorry your wrists are hurting - it is so difficult to rest hands and wrists because we use them all the time. :roll: Take things as easy as you can over the next couple of days and I hope you feel brighter soon. DD
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Time for a good rest and no trying to go to business school! I hope things settle with your wrists xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm glad it went well, kathe, and I hope the outcome is good. Yes, keep resting. It all helps the body to recover. I'm sorry your wrists are bad. Do you have any wrist splints? They might help.
    Steven Wright
  • kathe
    Options
    Thank you.. Been resting all day.. I really needed that.. Youst do tired..
    Don't think The new doctor really get it, like The old did.. But I get The help that I need so thats great..but misses my old reuma doctor, she really understod me..The new one is Young and have just started so maybe thats way..

Going four school and workmeetings tomorrrow and thursday .. But think it will go Well after resting all day ..

Thanks four all you support. So great having people that understand , not many of My friends, family and so do.. And that can be so hard sometimes..

Kathe
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ah, the lack of understanding - sometimes that's more of a battle for us than the damn disease. Keep resting and pace yourself over the next couple of days. I am thinking of you very much. DD
  • kathe
    Options
    Thank you..
    Going to call hospital tommorrow , have read about orencia and everywhere it stands thats it is given in week 0, 2, 4 and then every 4 week..
    But I have youst got 0,2 and now my appoinment is in 4 weeks.
    I' ll give them a ring tommorrow and chech..
    Really have me wonder about the new doctor..

Going to call my nurse there and have hear chech..

Kathe
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I think you are wise to check it out.

I hope tomorrow and Thursday go well but I hope you manage some rest also.
    Steven Wright
  • kathe
    Options
    Cheched whit The hospital and I was right, they have made a mistanke.
    Going four My next infusion The 25 /03-13 so
    two weeks ..I wil them had infusions in week 0,2 and 4 .. So now it is ok., after that it will bee 1time a month. But scary that The doctor was wrong. Don't like that.. Really I have to chech and almost bee My one doctor sometimes. But Looking foreward to The next infusion. Same day I'm going four The scan....
    Have a great weekend.
    Kathe
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Well done, you, for checking up on it, kathe. Just as well you did. I know what you mean. We need to have total confidence in those prescribing and delivering these strong meds so it's unsettling to find they've got it wrong. I think all you can do is try to put it behind you but continue not leaving anything to chance. I hope you have a good weekend too.
    Steven Wright
  • kathe
    Options
    Thank you..
    Been four My infusion on monday, and The scan of My cidniess to day..
    The reuma doctor wont My to reduce The prednisolon dose but I have tried and I can't .. I really need The prednisolon but dont think she get it..
    I hate prednisolon but now I can't live whit out, really hate The lack of understanding from My new doctor.. Going to see hear again at 25 of april..
    Going to work tomorrrow so relly bad timing reduce The dose.
    She think The orencia will start work but it hasent.. Really frustrated ..
    Going four My nex infusion on The 25 of april.