Had my gallbladder op

Options
Milly8
Milly8 Member Posts: 114
edited 4. Mar 2013, 11:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone as the title says i had my gallbladder op (hooray) .thank you everyone for your kind wishes.all went well and I am home .surgeon gave me some strong antibiotics in theatre through my drip .he said because of my lower immune system.he said better to be safe than sorry.all being well I can start my humira again in two weeks.be weird taking it on a different day.time for a long overdue sleep I think .can never sleep in hospital to much noise even in the night
Bye for now
Milly x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm so pleased to read it's been done and that you are home. I hope you are able to get plenty of rest so that healing can begin and that you soon feel the benefits of the op. As for the humira its time will come and soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Yeh Milly,so pleased you are all done and dusted,take it easy and rest.(((()))) Mig
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi Milly. Glad to hear your op is over and you are home again. Take care and get plenty of rest. Gentle ((())) Beryl.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Excellent news, Milly. It's great that you're home again so soon and can relax. Why do you have to start up the humira on a different day? Can't it wait until your usual one?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Great news Milly and good that you are home, plenty of rest now and hopefully you will be feeling a lot better soon............tc...........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'm very pleased it's done Milly, and wish you a speedy recovery.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • mig
    Options
    Morning Milly,Hope you had a good night and continue to rest,feet up this afternoon and watch some tv.(((()))) Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    Well-done Milly

It's fabulous to see you home sounding so bright :D

take care now

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    How are you feeling today? I hope all is as well as it can be. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Milly8
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.thank you for kind wishes. feeling a little more pain than yesterday but painkillers helping .had a lovely sleep last night , fell asleep about 8 last night and woke up at 10 this morning.I am resting watching tv in bed.got lots of things to watch on sky planner.
        Bye for now 
            Milly
  • stickywicket
    Options
    That sounds to be going well, Milly, and I'm very pleased. A little more pain is understandable at this stage. A great night's sleep :o
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    Morning Milly,Hope you had a restful night,is everyone looking after you ?Milly
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Morning Milly hope you had another great sleep and the pain has subsided a bit today, lots more rest and hopefully on your feet soon..........tc...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    I've just posted on your other thread and spelt your name wrong, sorry. :oops: I'm delighted for you that you got your op this time. Hope you make a good recovery and feel better soon. When can you start back on your Humira?
    Gentle hugs.
  • Milly8
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.doing ok today thanks did not take painkillers until lunch time but only because I had been moving about to much as i put a wash on.lovely sleep again thanks.for some funny reason psa has not been to bad since op just starting to play up a little bit today.must be the drugs they gave me.Ritwren I can go back on my humira 14 days after op as long as I am all healed,can't wait.
    Bye for now
    Milly xx
  • mig
    Options
    Hi Milly, Hope things are going well with you,time will soon pass and you can get back on the humira.(((()))) Mig
  • Milly8
    Options
    Hi mig
    Not to good today . This afternoon had horrible pain and had to take tramadol . If I did not know better i swear gallbladder was still there. Sore when I move about I feel like I did the day I came out of hospital. Never mind guess it can only get better. At least gallbladder not there any more. Thanks for asking how I am.
    How are you getting on theses days. Hope you are doing ok .
    Bye for now
    Milly x
  • mig
    Options
    Morning Milly,Hope you have a better day,I don't know too much about gall bladders but I'm sure all is well.
    I'm doing well,the humira seems to be working ,get a couple of aches and pains a couple of days before its due,but all in all it's going well. (((()))) Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I expect it was just a blip, Milly. I do hope so and I hope today is better.
    Steven Wright
  • gretta
    gretta Member Posts: 74
    Options
    Hi Milly

Did you have the keyhole op or the big one. If you had the big one it could be the staples that are getting ready to be taken out. I had the big one couldn't have the keyhole one. Hope you feel better soon.

Gretta
  • Milly8
    Options
    I had keyhole done but I do have 5 stitches that have to come out next Monday.if pain still bad on Monday see what the nurse has to say.dont know anyone who has had their gallbladder out.sure all will calm down.doctor did say may take longer to heal due to being on humira and mtx.its just that I was feeling better then went backwards.( that sounds familiar due to psa lol) should be used to it by now.i am being a moaning minny so it's time to stop moaning now.
    Bye for now
    Milly x
  • gretta
    gretta Member Posts: 74
    Options
    Hi Milly

I had about 20 staples in due to having the big operation, the open surgery, (easier to type than the actual medical name for the op ) can't remember it anyway. I was hoping to have the keyhole one but as they said they can't wake you up halfway through to tell you that you can't have the keyhole one because of complications. I was worried about having the staples out, but the nurse was very gentle & I hardly felt a thing. You have to be careful about lifting things for a while. Now almost 2 years on I can eat mostly anything, what a relief not to have gallbladder pain anymore. Early days for you, sure you will soon feel a lot better, take care of yourself.
    Gretta
    x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Milly
    I am sorry I'm late seeing this
    I do hope the pain subsides very soon,you must have been so looking forward to getting rid of that pain, just carry on resting and I do wish you a speedy recovery....((((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Milly, I had gallbladder out! It could be the stitches pulling, not only the outside you have a couple of stitches internally as well where they cut the gallbladder out. You will get pain because of the operation it does take a good while to recover and you should be resting Madam not doing washing!! You got told off by bubbadog! :lol:
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Hello Milly. How are you today? I hope it's a little better.
    Steven Wright