It's the final countdown!

LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 2. Apr 2013, 16:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've not been around much lately. At some point this weekend my brain turned to jelly and my body decided it could cope no more so I went into hibernation, punctuated only by irrational urges to clean, tidy and sort.

Poor Mr LV has had to heave and move all sorts of stuff about. Every time he goes out somewhere he returns to me rebuilding or reorganising something and is left with no choice but to join in. Yes, I can see your knowing nods from here, I've been 'nesting' apparently, quite odd for my generally undomestic self.

I had my 36 weeks scan today, my two delights are now nearly 6lbs, squirming like mad and generally very well. I've been ordered to stop working RIGHT NOW. The doctor discussed inducing me and told me they wouldn't consider it before 38 weeks (they'd said 37 last time). I nearly had to cry at them. To prove to me that things weren't moving as fast as I thought, the doctor examined me. She then rapidly swallowed her words and wisdom. I'm already 1cm dilated, in her words, if she had wanted to break my waters she easily could and so the induction date has been brought forward a week to 1st April but they don't think I'll be getting that far...here's hoping! I'm so so tired of carrying so much weight around.

So this is it, the final countdown. I shall now return to my hibernation, sans working (hooray) and sans nesting as the house, baby clothing and everything else really doesn't need another sort through!

They're so nearly here, I can't wait!

Love LV xx
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh LV never mind you I cant wait...how lovely ...I adore watching twins...my friend had them they are 16 now...but watching there different characters was so interesting....one is very laid back and the other always on the go and they are still the same...
    Right we must get towels and hot water ready...I do hope that Mr LV will let us know when they make an appearance... :D:D(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    OMG I've just had a contraction,oops sorry wind.Good luck shall be thinking of you and mr LV.Mig
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    :lol::lol: Mig you nutter :lol::lol:

LV, I'm so pleased and so excited.
    They are a very good weight aren't they?
    It really won't be long now, so enjoy your hibernation while you can :wink:
    Fondest wishes,
    Numpty
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Oh!!!! nearly there LV, god whan I read that you were nearly 1cm dilated, I got so excited I nearly had an accident, thank god for tena lady :oops: , this time next week I'm sure it will all be over, I know you will find a way to let us know when B&S arrive, good luck to you both, gosh must go and get this wetting the babies heads party organised, ((((())))) and xxx to you all..........lots of love ...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Oooh. How exciting! 6lb sounds like a good weight to me. I'll be thinking of you and waiting to hear your news. x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Any more signs.... :D xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    :shock:

Good luck. ((((())))) for you and ((((())))) for Mr LV. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    Thank you everybody! I'm up for a head wetting (may as well think past the hard bit)...magnum of chilled champagne please :D a girl can dream!

As for more signs, not really other than an amazing sense of exhaustion and nausea which I don't think are signs but probably just a post finishing work blurgh. I'm meant to call my boss today to talk about something, not sure what but I think it will have to wait til Monday when hopefully some part of my brain will be functioning again. Back to my hibernation!xx
  • dreamdaisy
    I guess your body currently has other things on its mind hence the wooliness of that vital organ. Being woolly-brained is fine, rest and let nature take its course. DD
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Oh yay, I am so excited for you and Mr LV! :D It seems like just yesterday that you announced you were pregnant......

Make sure you get lots of relaxation and pampering time before those little ones come. It sounds like your brain is resting before getting ready for some excitement as I imagine you might be fairly busy when the babies arrive. :wink:

Looking forward to hearing the good news!

P.S. Sorry if I missed it but do you know the gender of them yet or are you waiting for a suprise?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well

you go off for a couple of day's jollies and what happens?? People start having babies right left and centre :wink:

I hope you are ok and that things are progressing nicely.

Thinking of you all

Love and hugs and spare arms if needed

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    I am thinking of all four of you. DD
  • villier
    Thinking of you all xxx
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    Hi LV, Hope you are as comfortable as you can be,hope we get some good news soon the tension is unbearable.(((()))) Mig
  • LignumVitae
    We're slowly creeping forward but so far these two are stubbornly refusing to budge. I've tried everything to encourage them but they seem to be waiting for spring...on that basis, this could take a while! Thank you all xx
  • villier
    Some fresh orange and caster oil :shock: I remember my sister taking it and baby was born next day :) hope they don't keep you both hanging around too long...............Marie xxx
    day is full of Smiles
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Ooooh so probably only another week? Hope you are getting plenty of rest now you've got the nest sorted.
    Christine
  • frogmorton
    Any news yet??

Come on babies!!!

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    To be honest I don't blame 'em for not wanting to emerge. It's bl**dy cold, snowing and icy whereas they're tucked up nice and warm and snug. However, LV, in due course push will come to shove and push and heave and push and breathe and push and then WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! as they emerge all pink and wriggly. Your four lives are indeed in a state of transition. 'Good luck old girl!' (as we say in this household). DD
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Good luck LV :!: I'm thinking about you and hope that all will go well for you at the birth of your babies.
    You will soon develop a new set of skills when learning to cope with two babies at once. (I remember it well ) Multi-tasking takes on a whole new meaning :!: :D

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Good luck LV
    i hope you dont have to wait too long for your little one's.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • LignumVitae
    Thank you all so much! You are keeping me going through my growing discomfort and impatience. A maximum of one week left, seems like the longest week of my life and we aren't through Monday yet! These two seem to be humming 'we have all the time in the world' which is good for them but I think I need my body back soon. Again, thank you all xx
  • frogmorton
    Dreamsaisy has got a point really it is pretty nippy out here :?

Come on Bubbas!!!!

We wnat to meet you :D

love

Toni xx
  • mig
    The tension is unbearable. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    How are things? I am thinking of you very much. DD