It's the final countdown!

Options

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hope you are all well, B&S not in a hurry are they, hopefully they will make their entrances soon, thinking of you both........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Well yesterday I cried all over a lovely midwife purely because she was nice and understanding and told me that, even though I don't feel I am, I'm doing really well...I'm not given to such outbursts and it shocked Mr LV but sometimes these things happen.
    Today is 37 weeks, officially full term for twins. When I think back to the start and how I had more than one occasion to think we'd never get to here and instead the panicked trips to A&E would be our sorry end to this tale, I guess I should just be patient, endure the discomfort and let these two sort it out for themselves because they knew what they were doing back then and probably still do. You never know, relaxing about this week might just put them in the mood to make an appearance too!
    Thank you all so much, you are wonderful and make me cry just like the midwife!xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I just want you know I'm thinking of you.
    I remember well, the last couple of weeks of pregnancy. Feeling uncomfortable, impatient, restless and huge! and I only carried one baby at a time!
    The crying is probably just your hormones, I'm sure the Midwife is well used to that :wink:
    I hope you don't have to wait much longer.
    (((())))
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You've grown two babies and it's time for them to start shifting themselves out of you, you're tired, uncomfortable - no wonder you're crying. There's one nebulous, mysterious definite in your future - things are going to change, but when and how is yet to be determined. DD

PS There's nowt wrong with crying, OK? It's a valuable release at times of strain and stress. ((((()))))
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww LV you will be emotional...those two are all cosy and warm in there...like you say the last weeks drag so much...you give them a talking to....or do like my Indian neighbour..she had an hot curry ... and within hours...she was sending for me to mind her little boy while she went off to have her daughter..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Yes, the last few weeks do seem to drag but at least you know it won't be long at all now. I'm sure the crying is a change in hormones and I reckon that is a good sign.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thinking of you very much. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Another one thinking about you.. :D xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Here's another thinking of you. Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    and another..... :?

I hope the fact that you are quiet means that something's occuring

Love

Toni xx
  • villier
    Options
    And another one thinking of you :) .....................Marie xxx
    day is full of Smiles
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Awwww thank you once again. You have no idea how much your support is helping me. Still no progress, these two aren't for moving so I'm just assuming it will be induction on Monday rather than anything more spontaneous or natural. It'd be nice for that not to be the way but what really counts is us 3 getting through this ok.

You've been my balm people and I really can't thank you enough. I am a bit emotional and yesterday faced my mum trying to dissuade me from the induction (despite it being highly recommended with twins as fatality risks increase after 38 weeks), she seems to see it as a soft option and not best for the twins (not sure on the logic). That was followed by my most needy and least supportive friend getting upset and having a hissy fit because I didn't immediately offer my support to her latest (of many) crisis...being constipated. After all that I logged on here feeling a bit wibbly and my wonderful wonderful support was just waiting. Thank you, it means more than you'll ever know. I'll stop sobbing soon! Love to you all xx
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Perhaps you and your bunged up 'friend' could have an enema evening to get things moving....
    Alternatively she could have the induction and you could eat the AllBran topped prunes...
    All the best to you and the 'insiders' - hope they'll soon be 'outsiders', and preferably under their own steam.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    It really won't be long now LV, whichever way they come :D
    You have to do what's best for Bubble and Squeak, and for you.
    Just think, this time next week......
    ((((()))))
    Love Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    LV, I'm making my first appearance in a week to tell your two that it's time to do the decent thing and, as they say in these parts, get their asses outa there. (Plus their other bits too.) I'm thinking of you all.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Glad to see your mom is being as supportive as ever :wink: . We all have "friends" like those don't we? Ah well, not long now either way. I'm still thinking of you - I keep checking this thread hoping to see that Mr LV has added on to it saying that B&S have arrived! :)
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am sorry that your predicament has brought out the more unpleasant side in others. Ignore them, my lovely, you have a number of major priorities at the moment and their feelings are not in that list. For some strange reason I think your, the babes and Mr LV's needs and wants come first - s*d the rest of 'em, OK? DD
  • villier
    Options
    Awe LV no wonder you are emotional your hormones must be all over the place at the moment, hopefully for not much longer. I'm sure your mum is only being supportive but going to be a mum yourself you will know what's best for you and the bubbas, as for your 'friend' give me her name and address and I will gladly send her a box of laxido and senna, that will not be long in sorting her constipation out :lol: just you concentrate on yourself and those little ones and to heck with everyone else's worries, you take care sending you some ((((())))) hopefully not too long now..............Marie xx

Sticky lovely to see you hope your enjoying your hols xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    I thought about suggesting castor oil Marie :lol:

One of my dearest friends dropped in last night. She had a baby 12 months ago and has been my font of knowledge...that person you can ask any question of. We had a good giggle and chat, I told her about constipation girl, she laughed and so I did too. I don't seem to have stopped all day. I have also discovered that my newly formed outie belly button does a dance if I really laugh loud. Unfortunately, laughter doesn't induce labour!

Sticky, as DD said, get thee to the sunshine and company...it was lovely to see your post though and I did pass your message on but these are two disobedient little babies.

Thank you all. It really can't be long now. Everybody seems to think it will be Sunday, not sure why.
    LVxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It will be when it will be - and if you need a litttle help to get things going then you need a little help. When I need to 'get things going' I resort to a few pints and a strong curry but I fully appreciate that my 'getting things going' is very different to yours. :wink: Good luck old girl (as we say in this household). DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Maybe it's Easter Sunday and they will hatch like little chicks :D

That would be rather sweet wouldn't it Lignumvitae :)

Bless you l never really did the 'waiting around' bit as both of mine came early, but I can empathise totally how frustrating it must be.

Fingers crossed for Sunday then....I'll practise my pushing now!!!!

Love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • villier
    Options
    Waiting in anticipation LV, hope you are nice and relaxed and no one is stressing you out, keeping fingers crossed things will start moving soon, hope we get good news over the weekend ((((()))))............Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,931
    Options
    Iwish you all the best for your little bundles of joy.
    i hope you dont have to wait too much longer.
    have a lovely easter.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Every little thing is a crisis for some people. Glad you were able to laugh about it LV. I'm sure your mum only wants the best for you and B&B but it's your decision. Hope you have a lovely Easter and are not too uncomfortable.
    Christine
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    Can't be long now LV I think they know it is soo cold outside, I look in everyday now to hear any news of you, good luck with the final wait.