My new granddaughter might be on her way.

applerose
applerose Member Posts: 3,621
edited 15. Apr 2013, 05:36 in Community Chit-chat archive
My son married a girl who had 2 children who were born at 35 weeks and were in intensive care for a few weeks. My son and his wife lost 12 babies over their first 5 years of marriage. My dil became pregnant again but we weren't allowed to let anyone know. Well, she is now 31 weeks and was admitted to hospital this morning because she started bleeding. They have kept her in at least for tonight. There is a possibility she is going in to labour or that they might have to deliver by c-section.
I had a massive adrenalin rush at lunchtime when I found out. Took quite a while for me to settle down but I am assured that mother and baby are well. Took my sleeping pill over an hour ago but don't know if I'll sleep.
Christine

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    keeping everything crossed for you all, keep us informed, best wishes xxx
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    My fingers are crossed too do keep us informed best wishes to you all xx
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Applerose what a sad story my hearts goes out to them...and I will say a little prayer for an happy ending ..I am sure all will be well...oh I dont know about you but I cant wait for news.... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Applerose, thinking of you all and sending positive thoughts. Hope you have some good news soon :)

Catie x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Applerose I hope everything is okay and baby is safe.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    Applerose I do hope that everything is ok with Mum and baby...suppose they are trying to hold off labour for a while....thinking about you all (((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Just to let you know that my thoughts are with you all. Good to hear that baby and mum are ok. Your poor dil and son, they have suffered.

You try and get plenty of rest at the mo, you will need it if baby has decided to come.

Sending you and yours big hugs.
    Karen xx
  • applerose
    Thank you all for your kind messages and thoughts. Got a text from my son at 5am to say that my dil was about to be rushed in to theatre as she was bleeding heavily. She had an emergency section and Ruby was born at 5.50am weighing 3lbs 8ozs. She is so tiny but is breathing by herself and looks perfect. Mum is being allowed home tomorrow and Ruby probably in about 3 weeks. Her big brother and sister haven't stopped bouncing all day. :D:D
    Christine
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    That's great news Applerose glad everything turned out fine love to all and welcome little Ruby x
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    Thats such good news applerose...many congratulations to all of you...and special hugs for Ruby and Grandma of course...((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    My best wishes and congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter. :D
    Baby Ruby may be tiny, but she has the whole world to grow in.
    Numpty
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    That is wonderful news Applerose. Congratulations

Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    welcome Ruby into this mad world! And congrats to Grandma :D !
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Congratulations Applerose, great news that mum and baby are doing fine, you must be so excited, and what a lovely name...........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    I do hope that baby Ruby is doing ok..and hopefully very soon you will have that first cuddle :D xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Dear Applerose,

How wonderful.

A huge big welcome to little baby Ruby.

baby15.gif

Luv and best wishes,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    That is good news indeed - well done to mum and daughter. It's lovely to see some of the 'old' names making a comeback, we need an antidote to the nonsenses that seem so popular. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • applerose
    Thank you so much everyone. Mum got home yesterday afternoon. My son is having trouble keeping her from doing the housework. Can't take his eyes off her for a minute. :lol:
    We were told today that Ruby is ready to leave intensive care and go in to the next room where they are still looked after carefully but are no longer in danger but they are leaving her until they have another admission. A couple of weeks in the halfway room then in to the almost-ready-to-go-home room for maybe a week.
    She was wearing an off-the-shoulder vest today because of the sensors on her arm. The nappy comes right up under her armpits. Poor little mite has 2 bruised hands and a bruised foot where she has either had blood taken or where the cannula is. Doesn't seem to be bothering her though. She is feeding through a tube and it has all come out the other end. Even the doctors are amazed at how well she is doing.
    Christine
  • lindalegs
    She's going in the right direction Applerose :D

What a precious little girl she is :D:D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • barbara12
    I am so very pleased to hear this....wont be long now for the first cuddle.... :D:D
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Applerose

I am so sorry I am late on.

I am so pleased baby Ruby has arrived safely. My eldest was born two and a half months early and weighed just over 3lbs too.

Like Ruby she breathed on her own and her nappies came up to her armpits. She came home weighing less than 5lbs and she had her 18th birthday party last weekend. She should be off to univeristy this autumn all being well and bought her first car this week.

You can be sure baby Ruby will do just fine :D

She is a fighter like her Nanna/Grandma :D

love and huge hugs

Toni xxx
  • applerose
    Thanks again everyone. She is indeed going in the right direction. Me and Grandma were hoping for a cuddle yesterday but were told only mum, dad, big brother and sister were allowed. Disappointing for us but best for Ruby and that's all that matters. Toni, I'm sure Ruby will be buying her first car before we know it. I'm going to enjoy every minute of now first, just as I do with the others.
    Christine
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Aw what a shame Christine, but it will be even better for the wait :D

Yes time flies so we have to enjoy every moment with them don't we :wink:

love

Toni xxx
  • applerose
    Just been told, she has upped her milk and been moved in to the middle room. Still in the incubator but not in intensive care now. :D
    Christine
  • lindalegs
    YAY! More good news for little precious :D:D:D

Love,
    Love, Legs x