It went well.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 26. Apr 2013, 14:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
In fact it went very well. The sun shone, the vicar was good, I read my tribute with no wobbles (and people laughed in all the right places as I hoped they would), the flowers were beautiful and everyone enjoyed themselves. I think about forty people were there, including some real surprises for me, and it gave a good opportunity to renew contact with semi-lost family. I now have to ensure that I keep in touch.

I had a very nasty fall on Saturday which jangled everything up to a huge extent but, oddly enough, no bruises have resulted. I do feel, however, as though I have not only been put through a wringer but then run over by a steam roller. I will take things very easy this week, I now need to look after me for a little while.

Thank you all so much for your very kind messages, thoughts (and for those of you who do) prayers. You have made a great difference to this difficult time and I am very appreciative. Thank you. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am so glad it went well for you all. Now, you start on the closure of it. I do wander whether you're fall had anything to do with the stress along with you're own problems. So yes, you make sure you do take it easy and start the repair work. My thoughts are still with you and your family and sending you some hugs of comfort. Look after yourself please.
    Karen xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    So glad it went well,you can look back on the day without total sadness.
    Rest-up now and take some time for you.(((()))) x. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Mig put it perfectly so ditto from me, including the hugs.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    You were in my thoughts all weekend and on Monday and apologies for not contacting you prior to the funeral to wish you well. I'm glad the sun shone and everything went well and to plan.

My Dad's funeral was sad and sombre so I never think about it but Mum's was lovely and strangely enough it really helps.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi DD
    I am glad that it seems to have gone as well as it could, and well done for getting through the Eulogy. You are a brave lady.
    I`m sorry to hear you have had a fall. As has been said already, it is time to rest and look after you now.
    Thinking of you still xx
    NB
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hello DD. Am glad all went as well as possible for you yesterday. Sorry to hear about your fall and do hope you will be feeling less battered and bruised soon. Make sure you rest as much as possible this week. Take care. Beryl (((())))
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    DD I am glad it went well, like you say you need some me time now..once you stop... everything seems to catch up with you ...so be careful ...but how nice to meet up with friends and family...my mum used to say the only time will will see such a body is at a funeral or a wedding...such a shame but that is how life goes I suppose...you take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    Options
    I will repeat that which I have said before: now look after yourself. You have looked after every one else, now is the time to spend some time on you. I'm glad the service was what you wanted it to be.

You have, and will continue to be, in my thoughts.
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    I'm glad it went so well DD. I was thinking about you all day. As the others, and you, have said - it is now time to look after yourself. (())
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Options
    Hello DD, I'm also glad that everything went well for you. My thoughts are with you at this time.

Catie x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I too, am pleased it went well.
    Now, take care of you. (((())))
    Love Numpty x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm trying to. The fall on Saturday was a bad one (I ended up flat on my back on a wooden floor), the emotions of the past fortnight haven't helped, I am tired beyond all reason but my blasted brain will not relax. I'm feeling very petty and prissy about things which is not like me. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :( Je suis glum.

Grow up DD. Stuff happens, end of.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Stuff happens, yes, but does it all have to happen to you?!
    ((((()))))
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Evening DD,You my friend are doing the right thing in putting some of your feeling on here it's better than bottling it all up ,how many don't let on how they feel and suffer the consequences (good job this iPads got spell check) goodnight hope you can get comfy and sleep.(((()))) Mig
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    DD I'm so sorry to hear the news, how brave you were to do the eulogy. You are such a strong lady, please do take time now to look after yourself and try to rest if you can. Such a shame about the fall, on top of everything else :roll: Don't beat yourself up about being a bit prissy at the moment, it's not surprising given the circumstances, you just try to hang in there. Big hugs. R.
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Yes, stuff happens DD, but you are allowed to grumble/have hissy fit etc - despite appearances to the contrary sometimes, you are human! It's not the same at all as wallowing in the 'why me' slough of despond, which you most definitely don't do.
    I am so glad that Monday went well(and that your moist handshake fears seem not to have been realised?). Good memories of the last farewell are a great comfort.
    In the meantime I echo the other posts - be kind to yourself - or if you can't do that allow others to do so.
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Im so pleased it went well for you!! Im very sorry for your loss (((DD)))

Try & look after yourself now especially after the fall.

Take care.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    Glad things went well {apart from the fall} :( I'm glad you are taking the advice you would give us :wink: Take it easy and look after yourself now.
    You are allowed to have a moan or grumble when you want to.....you listen and respond to us often enough.
    Take care
    Love
    Hileena
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi DD. Hope you are feeling just a little less battered and bruised today. Hope the sun is shining for you as it is in the 'Garden of England'? Take care of yourself. Beryl (((())))
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Hubby and I are thinking of you and Mr DD and send loving thoughts . Jillyb
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hi DD, so glad that you got through the day and did your mum proud in the eulogy, she would be very proud of you I'm sure. Sorry that the fall has knocked the stuffing out of you- please do take some down time now- and if you feel grumpy have a good moan, you've endured enough to make you feel completely out of sorts! :(

Continuing to send love and hugs, take care.

Deb xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's 2.45pm and I still haven't got up. And I don't intend to. I am about to shuffle downstairs to start the dinner (a very slow-cooked beef casserole) and then crawl back to my soggy pit. My right knee is beautifully swollen, my left not so much, but everything is creaking and squeaking, grating and generally creating merry hell. :(

I have today received more cards from family members spread far and wide around the globe and am trying to summon the energy to reply but I think I will leave that until next week. I've also been sent a recording of the service which I will listen to as I cannot remember much of it. I have a load of photos of the flowers on my phone which I don't remember taking. :roll: I guess the recording will prove I was there! :)

Thank you, everyone, for everything. DD
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    just popping in to leave these hun

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And some for the rest of you xxxxxxxx :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad it all went well and I am sure you diid the eulogy beautifully, i am also glad you are having you time now especially after your fall, it is lovely you have a recording of the service and photos of the flowers at least you will be able to look at these in your own time. Take care DD sending a few more ((((()))) please look after yourself.............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    Options
    glad everything went well for you ,sun ,flowers ,service ,sorry about your fall now you have to have some well needed me time ,sending you a hug (()) im sure your eulogy was heartfelt and beautiful you can always look back and say you gave your mum the beautiful send off she deserved x