OUR NB IS HAVING HER THR TODAY

2»

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    Thankyou !!to Barbara for keeping in touch for me, and for all your kind messages, too many to thank one by one. xxx
    I am now home. My surgery went well, and as Barbara informed you I had a rough couple of days with a temperature, and of course fainting and blacking out to the floor when the physio`s were helping me with my first few steps. Very scary to come round and find myself on the floor, and have no recall of how I got there! Luckily the physio`s were fantastic and sprung into action and slowly guided me to floor (apparently). It happened during visiting time and my poor hubby and my friend were there and it obviously was distressing for them to see me with lots of staff rushing around me with oxygen masks etc..
    Any hoo...once my temperature settled I started to cope better with walking etc, and completed all the required tasks for discharge eg climbing the stairs with crutches , and was discharged home. The car journey was not pleasant as this car we have now it not the easiest to get in/out of safely for my hip. I thought I was going to have to call the fire brigade!
    I have been very tired and slept a lot today. My leg is very swollen and i am wearing the required lovely Ted stockings (6 weeks!!).
    I am managing my pain quite well now, probably better than in hospital as it was so busy to feel able to ask for it there.
    Thanks again for your support, you really are a fab lot!! :D:D:D
    NB
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Nicola

Its great to hear how you got on in hopsital and while it must have been scary waking up on the floor at least they got you to the ground safely..Your poor hubby and friend seeing that but mind you with me when i needed the blood transfusion me folks were visiting and once he came with the needle me father was off prompt as he hates needles (im hardly a fan meself)...
    What sort of car you got...It si scary ther car ride home even motion of the car moves everything don't it and you end up holding onto your limb!
    Thats you home safely and hope to hear the continuing recovery...

Elainexx
    Hi
    Thankyou !!to Barbara for keeping in touch for me, and for all your kind messages, too many to thank one by one. xxx
    I am now home. My surgery went well, and as Barbara informed you I had a rough couple of days with a temperature, and of course fainting and blacking out to the floor when the physio`s were helping me with my first few steps. Very scary to come round and find myself on the floor, and have no recall of how I got there! Luckily the physio`s were fantastic and sprung into action and slowly guided me to floor (apparently). It happened during visiting time and my poor hubby and my friend were there and it obviously was distressing for them to see me with lots of staff rushing around me with oxygen masks etc..
    Any hoo...once my temperature settled I started to cope better with walking etc, and completed all the required tasks for discharge eg climbing the stairs with crutches , and was discharged home. The car journey was not pleasant as this car we have now it not the easiest to get in/out of safely for my hip. I thought I was going to have to call the fire brigade!
    I have been very tired and slept a lot today. My leg is very swollen and i am wearing the required lovely Ted stockings (6 weeks!!).
    I am managing my pain quite well now, probably better than in hospital as it was so busy to feel able to ask for it there.
    Thanks again for your support, you really are a fab lot!! :D:D:D
    NB
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    NB its lovely to see you back on the forum :D ...and even better that you are on top of the pain..boy will I be picking your brains very soon...now you take things easy...wishing you a speedy and good recovery xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Welcome home NB ,take care. Mig
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    It's good to hear you're back home NB. Wishing you a very speedy recovery :)

Catie
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    HI NB
    Great to see you back on the forum again. I've missed the last bit of this thread because I was away for a few days.
    Glad you are home....Hospital is NOT the place to reover :wink: You are so much better off in your own home
    You take care pet
    Love
    Hileena
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Good to see you home NB. I bet that was scary but it sounds like the physios were well on top of it. You will do much better at home - hospitals are terrible places to rest - all that waking you up once you finally get to sleep just to check bp etc!

Keep up the good work! :D
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Glad to know you are home NB. I wish u a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself. Sending a few gentle ((())) your way. Beryl
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Glad to know you are home NB. I wish u a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself. Sending a few gentle ((())) your way. Beryl
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi
    Thank you all for your welcome home wishes xx
    I am feeling a bit more human today as with the help of Mr NB I have managed to wash my hair at the kitchen sink! I am not allowed to shower until the district nurses have checked my wound at 14 days post op. So I am having a wash at my perching stool, but having a hair wash makes me feel really clean! My hubby is being so helpful bless him, he has a lot to do with making sure I am ok, cooking, cleaning, running the kids to their things today. My son has his football presentation afternoon today, but I am sitting that one out as it is a Fun day on the football field. No good for me.
    I am still sore and swollen, and needing regular pain relief. Once I stand up, (slowly) walking is a bit easier albeit robotic! The stairs are very tiring, so I am staying downstairs all day, as we have a downstairs cloakroom with loo and Mr NB has put single bed in the conservatory so I can have a nap without needing to climb the stairs in the day.
    I still have some `lightheaded` moments, I hope my Hb is OK. If it continues I will speak the the GP or the arthroplasty nurse.
    Thanks again for your kind words xx
    NB
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    NB

Hair wash is fab isn't it? Think I did that the day after I came out as my scalp felt so itchy!..I did manage a half shower thing as my sister helped me - I sat back over the bath and she put water over my torso and it made me feel so much more clean!...Sounds like your husband is a first class nurse!
    Recover well and enjoy the warm weather through the conservatory..

Elainex
    Hi
    Thank you all for your welcome home wishes xx
    I am feeling a bit more human today as with the help of Mr NB I have managed to wash my hair at the kitchen sink! I am not allowed to shower until the district nurses have checked my wound at 14 days post op. So I am having a wash at my perching stool, but having a hair wash makes me feel really clean! My hubby is being so helpful bless him, he has a lot to do with making sure I am ok, cooking, cleaning, running the kids to their things today. My son has his football presentation afternoon today, but I am sitting that one out as it is a Fun day on the football field. No good for me.
    I am still sore and swollen, and needing regular pain relief. Once I stand up, (slowly) walking is a bit easier albeit robotic! The stairs are very tiring, so I am staying downstairs all day, as we have a downstairs cloakroom with loo and Mr NB has put single bed in the conservatory so I can have a nap without needing to climb the stairs in the day.
    I still have some `lightheaded` moments, I hope my Hb is OK. If it continues I will speak the the GP or the arthroplasty nurse.
    Thanks again for your kind words xx
    NB