MY mum

Options
2»

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Your ex sounds like my Ex - I just know he won't help my kids at all when they leave home - he never has to date :x

You are prepared to downsize aren't you? I do hope you can get housed nearer if that's what you want. It is fairly near Weymouth, Cornwall or is it further west you need to be ideally?

I am so glad your Mum 'heard' you and knows you love her.

Love and ((()))

toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Thinking of you Gill (((())))..........tc............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hi Gill,
    Sounds like you've had a horrendous time and have done a wonderful job of supporting your mum.

I am wondering if it is time to try and get your mum sectioned, I know its a huge step but it sounds like she is a danger to herself. It is hard to get a section but I think I would be calling the psychiatrist and very seriously explaining if she is discharged there is a definite risk she may attempt to end her life and you feel this warrants a section, if you tell them your concerns then the responsibility is very much on their heads and they would have to be very confident she's OK to discharge her or risk being liable for anything that may happen regarding her well being. They can be quite resistant to do this as it is complex but you need to emphasise how she covers things up etc.and give you v good reasons not to. The nurse saying if she doesn't want help they can't force her is wrong, that's what a section is for

I know this will be very hard for you to do but sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.
    I'm sure once she is helped professionally and with medication she will start being more rational and get a much better quality of life.
    I'm sure her behaviour is a cry for help you just need to push the doctors to do something,

Good luck, we're here when u need us. Xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    I am still thinking of you Gilly and hoping your Mum's spirits are lifting

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Me too, Gill.
    Steven Wright
  • gilly1957
    gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
    Options
    Thank you all so much, I seem to be dealing with so much at the moment, I can't seem to concentrate on much.

I have just spoken to my mum this afternoon and they are discharging her tomorrow!!!
    She is on anti-depressants, which she says are making her worse, but I said that happens sometimes and to persist with them.
    She sounded stronger, her voice was stronger but she still isn't good. Still saying she has nothing to live for etc.

I was already on the housing register in Cornwall and I have told them what is happening and they are sending me some forms to get an ascesment to see if I can be moved up the list.
    I don't really want to rent privately....most landlords won't take LHA or pets and I have a small dog.

I feel like I have to offer to try and move there but don't think it will be easy and will cost a fortune, money I haven't got.

I don't mind where I live really, a move will probably be good for me.

Who knows like I said with one thing and another I don't know what to do!!!

Gill :? :?
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I do hope your Mum will be OK, Gill. I think you're doing all you can. Just try to stay in touch and to keep her thimking positively but the rest is up to her.

Please think carefully before moving. You'll be leaving your friends behind and moving, is a huge expense.
    Steven Wright