The Brighton Marathon 2014.

Options
2»

Comments

• Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I haven't been on for ages but was browsing and wondering how you are all doing just now. DD it's insensitive and glad the moderator will pass this on. I think the bigger charities such as AC can quite easily lose touch with the very people they are there for. I didn't receive this email but I did get annoyed in a similar vein when some young chap from NRAS started raving about how wonderful the Olympics had been for him - watching all the athletic prowess etc and on he rambled in his blog and then started on about sporting fundraising efforts for us all to support. I commented to say that I thought this was a bit insensitive on a forum when most people on the site had mobility issues. It is easier to say these things to people in a much more family sized charity and for them to hit home I think. Mat x
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • scozzie
    scozzie Member Posts: 333
    Options
    DD, maybe they think you're going to make a miraculous recovery!!! :D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have Scozzie, I'm only masquerading as an arthritic. Don't tell anyone. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Scozzie, do you remember Eddie Izard's 43 marathons in 51 days? That wasn't him at all. He just took the credit. It was really DD (very) heavily disguised.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    :lol: I've been rumbled, dammit. How did you know, Sticky? Did the rollator give the game away? :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Nah. It was Your athletics vest with the legend 'SPONSORED BY HUMIRA, METHOTREXATE, SULPHASALAZINE, CO-CODAMOL ET AL'. Eddie Izzard's chest isn't big enough for all that :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright