GOT MY PR-OP AND DATE FOR MY 1s THR

Options
barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
edited 25. Jun 2013, 12:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all
Has the heading says....pre-op on the 27th of this month...and my op on my late mum Birthday the 10th July....sorry but scared doesn't come into it....I did ask them to do both hips at the same time..but not a chance....stupid but I am shaking typing this now reality has kicked in ..... :shock:
I am due at the pain clinic mid July to arrange more back injections looks like they will be a bit late... :roll:
But with you lot holding my hand I will be fine...those that have holidays booked could you un book them please.... :)
Love
Barbara

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wow Barbara I would be brickin it too,you will be fine I'm sure,not away then so will be there all the way. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    (((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))

Now stop shaking or we'll both end up on the floor :lol: Plus, I think you were shaking so much you typed pr-op, not pre-op. I thought the prop sounded like and interesting procedure :wink:

Barbara, I'm delighted for you and, as a veteran of these things, I'm sure you'll be OK. I'll be there for hand-holding duties. Promise.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am so proud of you - well done, lovely Barbara. I won't type any platitudes but I will type 'Good Luck!' and 'All will be well.' ((((( ))))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    Options
    Oh thanks so much Mig, SW and DD
    Prop is what I must have been thinking....I feel like a proper wimp ....all the people on here that have had and going through ops...but I feel strangely calm now I know its on my late Mums birthday...bless her..wonder if its her way of saying things will be fine.... :? ooooooh the shakes have come back.. :shock: :lol: xxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Oh, Barbara you brave girl, I am so pleased for you that at last you will eventually get some relief in that hip, you know the troops will be there with you holding your hand, I think we better arrange a couple of busses for that day, it will all be over before you know it. A nice strong cup of coffee to calm the nerves :wink: ......................Marie xx (((())))
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    I have already replied to your PM and will be there for you every step of the way xxx
    As I have already said nerves are normal, and focus on the arthur pain being gone as soon as the op is done. The post op recovery is hard at times but will be so worth it for you xx
    NB
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Options
    A (((hug))) for you Barbara because I know you will be worried - but everything will be ok :). I'm so pleased that the letter you have feared has arrived and that you won't have a long wait. It will soon be over and the start of better times for you. The fact that your op is on your mum's birthday is I feel a lucky omen :). You have so many friends here on this forum and our love and support will be with you at all times :)

Catie xx
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Hello Barbara

I'm sure you will be fine. I was nervous when I had my hip replacement, particularly as I didn't know anyone who had undergone such an operation.
    And I was really pleasantly surprised at how little discomfort I was in after the op. My husband had a problem putting on my surgical stockings (on me, not himself) and I think that was the only real difficulty I had.

Sending many hugs and kisses.

Janet xx
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    No problem Barbara, holiday is unbooked. Will tell OH when he gets home.

I will be there in a bus if there's room. At least the op will soon be over.

Susie :)
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,934
    Options
    Hello Barbara
    I know how worried you are. i'm sure it will go very quick and soon be over and you will have less pain.
    I will be there for you try not too worry you will be ok.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    Ah well Barbara.....

In light of the fact that you are almost always available for everyone else's pocket duties I would definitely cancel any plans to be there for you :D

This has been a very long time coming :roll:

Bet you keep getting that nervous butterfly feeling now

love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Good luck Barbara

will be thinking of you ,

Fowls (((_)))xxx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Oh you lovely lot ...now my eye are running think it might be hay fever :cry::D
    Thankyou Marie, NB, Catie, Janet, Susie , Joan, and Toni...
    This means so much...
    Catie I certainly think it is a lucky omen....30 years she has been gone but I wish she was here....
    Susie thanks for cancelling your hols :lol: ...your a goodun...
    And everyone else thanks for the good wishes and being so positive I will keep that with me...
    Joan I have been trying to PM you but it wont let me, it say they are blocked...not sure why...I hope you read this and don't think I am ignoring you... :?
    Love to everyone xxxxxx
    oops Fowls I just spotted you there..thankyou for your support and hugs xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hello Barbara
    I hope you are not too worried you will do well i'm sure.
    I sent you another pm i'm having a problem where the dots have to be in
    the board preferences when I write a message it wont come on the main page
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    You are not a wimp
    We are with you all the way
    I used to be a staff nurse on an orthopaedic ward till I retired in March
    If you have any questions you think I can help with just pm me I will be happy to answer any even if you think it's silly as usually its the silly ones that affect you more
    I've only ever had hand and foot surgery so far so can't comment on how you feel with a new hip joint
    Just remember we are all here for pocket duties so make room for us all
    Maria
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Barbara,
    Well it has been a very long journey for you and I know how worried you have been. Deep breath girl, I have every confidence in you and although you are having the natural shakes you will go through with this and I am sure your lovely mum will be watching over you.
    Good luck and I will be thinking of you.
    Lv, I x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Barbara, I'm so sorry I missed this.
    I wish you all the luck in the world, although I'm sure luck won't come into it!
    We're all going to be in your pocket every step of the way.
    (((())))
    Numpty x
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Fantastic news that you've got your appointments now. I think I'd be scared too but it won't be long before it's all over and you'll be feeling better. I'll be there on the bus to the hospital and ready to jump in your pocket when we get there. But please stop shaking as I think we'll all be sick. :wink:
    Christine
  • barbara12
    Options
    Oh you lovely lot are really helping... :D
    Thanks so much Maria, Ironic, Numpty, and Christine
    Maria that is very kind of you I will send you a PM ...you may regret this :o
    Ironic you are right it has been such a long journey...I have a lovely consultant...so together we decided to go for it...and see how the back hold up
    Numpty you are not late and I appreciate your support
    Christine I am shaking has I am typing..it seems like a dream and not going to happen..like you say before I know it I will be coming home..
    Thanks again for all your support it means so much
    Joan I have sent you another PM...
    love to all of you xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hello Barbara
    thank you for your pm I think its working now.
    try not to worry we are all here for you just say what you are worried about and we will try to help.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    dachshund wrote:
    try not to worry we are all here for you just say what you are worried about and we will try to help.
    take care
    joan xx

Wise words, as usual, from Joan. I'm thinking of you, Barbara. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    Options
    dachshund wrote:
    Hello Barbara
    thank you for your pm I think its working now.
    take care
    joan xx
    Hi Joan..not the operation..but the after care..and how I will cope..and all the does and donts and my biggest fear injecting myself... :shock: and thankyou for your support...xx
    SW thanks for the hugs they really are needed xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Barbara,

All will be well. Your lovely family can look after you for a while. Get someone else to do the injections. Perhaps you could ask for a nurse to call in? Plead with them to have the tablet form even if it is more expensive. All those in the know on here will be ready to answer any of your post op questions if any crop up. Try not to worry.

It will soon pass - I say those few words quite often.

Gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Dear Barbara,

Plead with them to have the tablet form even if it is more expensive........
    It will soon pass - I say those few words quite often.

Gentle hugs
    Elna x

Elna is right as usual - everything has it's solution Barbara. It might not be easy but it WILL be worth it :D Remember you wee 'friend'? Have you told him yet?

Love

Toni xxx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    The only 'operation' I have ever had has been fillings or a tooth out at the dentist. I think about the 'journey' I have to go through - what the dentist will be doing, any pain I might have and what I will be like straight after then how everything will be fine afterwards. Try thinking about your aftercare and your injections like that. You know you will come out the other side feeling better. (((hugs)))
    Christine